Review Dees v Handbaggers @ Handbag Park: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 2, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I though Hogan being gone would fix our forward line?

Hogan played the first half of the season when we got Belted by Hawthorn Richmond and Collingwood while winning the inside 50 count
Then he went out and we beat Hawthorn Geelong WC and GWS

Hogan would have made * all difference in that game, Its not like Hawkins or Ratugolea played well either

That whole performance was due to our inability to defend ground balls inside 50, and conversely score from the in the forward 50

Hogan played the first half of the season when we got Belted by Hawthorn Richmond and Collingwood while winning the inside 50 count
Then he went out and we beat Hawthorn Geelong WC and GWS

Hogan would have made **** all difference in that game, Its not like Hawkins or Ratugolea played well either

That whole performance was due to our inability to defend ground balls inside 50, and conversely score from the in the forward 50
You're missing the joke, our forward line is ****ed either way

Tom Stewart 27 Disposals and 6 marks

May+Frost+Mcdonald+Hunt+KK+Jetta 43 Dispoals 7 marks

Tom Stewart nearly defended Geelongs back 6 as well as all 6 of our defenders
Jayden Hunt didnt take a single mark for the 2nd week in a row, again unable to just run for an uncontested mark.

Frost May and OMac had 3 marks total, We literally may as well have played May an 5 smalls
Up forward May as well play Preuss Keitly and who ever else is tall cause we don't crumb any goals and comes out anyway and our mids besides oliver just bomb the campaigner in anyway

Hogan was just as useless as Tmac and Weid tonight when we played flood and bomb and our fwd 50 last year.

Hes been useless under a high ball since that mark over Rance in rain in his first season, he never took another pack mark after it. Not that I can remember anyway.

Last edited:
Hogan was just as useless as Tmac and Weid tonight when played flood and bomb and our fwd 50 last year.

Hes been ueless under a high ball since that mark over Rance in rain in his first season, he never took another pack mark after it. Not that I can remember anyway.
I never use my laptop on here, thats a quality sig

Our team was the highest scoring in the league comfortably last year, like 40 goals more than 6th, 7th and 8th
Its not terrible but the mix needs to change
Forwards need to spread the * out and mids need to hit up a leading forward we play such stupid football. we play into oppositions hands all over the ground. mids all going in instead of a few blocking the outs. defenders not tryna win 1 on 1s or cutting infront. Forwards all just bunching up allowing easy spoil or we do it for them

Lockhart has something.
Oliver top 5 in comp
Jetta solid as always
Petracca needs to spend a while in the 2s and be made to really earn a recall. Wake up mate
Umpires were rancid.
Preseason is going to be costly
Lots of passengers
No coaching input was minimal
Rnd 2
Essendon next week.
Can't get anyworse.
Onwards and upwards.
Hopefully

Its exactly the same as last season in the early rounds

Against Geelong Rd 1 we had 64 to 41 inside 50s an lost by 3 points
Against Hawthorn we had 53 to 54 inside 50s and lost by 67 points

In fact Geelong clearly dont rate our forward line
In the return game we had 64 to 50 inside 50s and lost after the siren

We learnt nothing from the 2nd half of the season

Remember in the first 7 round last year when sides were scoring goals out the back because our zone was too high? Well now we cant defend ground balls either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to connect better + win more contest ahead of the ball.

We’re hurting - as players and as a club.

Sorry to intrude, I see May came off in the third quarter with an injury and only had 55% TOG.
Anything serious?

Same old problems. Turns out if you shove it on the boot going into F50 and don’t spread from the contest you get towelled.

Im gonna bounce between calm and crisis all week but Ill try for some calm

Last year we were burning inside 50s and conceding too easily, we fixed it

We had 73 to 48 inside 50s. 83 is the all time record.

We are clearly playing shocking, but if we get 73 inside 50s most weeks we will make finals. Its hard to quantify how we fix it but in a sick way its better to be losing like this than having the I50 count flipped around. At least our midfield can get the ball forward

Conceding 20 goals from 48 inside 50s is hugely concerning

We can clearly turn it around, did it last year but we were 2-3 last year, this year Id be happy to make 2-3 now

The all time record for inside 50s is 83, we had 73 an lost by 80 points
What a depressing stat. Reflects how our players had no composure with ball in hand, plus we make very bad decisions with disposal, plus there is no synchronicity amongst the forwards with their leads and knowing where each other are and where they’re running. In short, it’s a big mess and we’re a very ordinary football team. Oh and we should sack Troy Chaplin.

Im gonna bounce between calm and crisis all week but Ill try for some calm

Last year we were burning inside 50s and conceding too easily, we fixed it

I'd like to know why we're fixing it again. Are the players goldfish?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back