Recommitted Brayden Sier [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

With Sier and Taylor Adams to come back into the side who do you see as the 2 to go out? James Aish? + ?
injuries and form fluctuation will happen but at this stage it would be:

In: WHE, Adams
Out: Varcoe, Aish

emergency: Sier, Aish, Varcoe

Sier, Aish, Varcoe, Mayne, Greenwood and maybe even Phillips all competing for spots in a healthy team

Hes played a dozen games from the 2015 draft as a second rounder and people have questioned his professionalism.
Hes also in the VFL right now. As I said a big year increased that value but at the moment it's very reasonable. A first rounder for that? Please. You're kidding yourselves as most clubs do about their own players. It would be a second rounder at best. Possibly some token pick swaps later. And if hes uncontacted and requests a trade that would get it done.

This.

I don't disagree with the Pies fans that on talent, he`d be worth a mid teens pick.

But uncontacted + assuming he doesn't cement a spot in the 22 (which is obviously what would have to happen for him to consider leaving) = value dips a lot.

Pies would hold no trump cards if he chose to leave for greater opportunity.

This.

I don't disagree with the Pies fans that on talent, he`d be worth a mid teens pick.

But uncontacted + assuming he doesn't cement a spot in the 22 (which is obviously what would have to happen for him to consider leaving) = value dips a lot.

Pies would hold no trump cards if he chose to leave for greater opportunity.
If he was to see limited game time in 2019 and not really find himself in the team he is worth a mid second round at absolute best.
Unfortunately, that's the nature of trading, when players aren't playing AFL and his likely 'current' value.

However, if he plays, 15+ AFL games at the standard he did last year, a mid to late teens pick would not be unreasonable.

Unfortunately, that's the nature of trading, when players aren't playing AFL and his likely 'current' value.

However, if he plays, 15+ AFL games at the standard he did last year, a mid to late teens pick would not be unreasonable.

Plus if he plays 15+ AFL games this year I personally couldn't see a reason he would WANT to be traded. Getting games would surely be the biggest reason behind any trade request.

So in discussing his trade value I think we`re all assuming it's in the event he gets less than 6 this year.

15+ game is best 18 in the team , i doubt he want to walk out .

He is not worth a first rounder as it stands. Seems he’s currently depth in a very deep Pies midfield. I’m sure he’ll find his way into the side at some point this year.
Essendon should be having a look.
Every club should have a look. He might not make it because there are rumours that he lacks commitment and his two big weaknesses are a bad combination - midfield only at this stage and lacks endurance. But if he knuckles down, he's got Patrick Cripps potential. Power, speed, agility, beautiful hands, awareness, peripheral vision, creativity. God I hope he stays and becomes motivated.

Every club should have a look. He might not make it because there are rumours that he lacks commitment and his two big weaknesses are a bad combination - midfield only at this stage and lacks endurance. But if he knuckles down, he's got Patrick Cripps potential. Power, speed, agility, beautiful hands, awareness, peripheral vision, creativity. God I hope he stays and becomes motivated.

He would be perfect replacement for Josh Kennedy at the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is not worth a first rounder as it stands. Seems he’s currently depth in a very deep Pies midfield. I’m sure he’ll find his way into the side at some point this year.
Commitment seems to be his issue at the moment. Someone on our board mentioned that he recently broke up with his long term girlfriend, which may have effected his headspace and form. Once he gets back in to the right frame of mind I’d expect that he’ll be back in the 22, because at his best he’s easily ahead of several players despite our midfield depth.

At the start of next season Pendles will be 32, Beams 30, Sidey 29 and Greenwood 31.

Brayden (at 21 years of age) is going to be part of the next phase of Collingwoods midfield for the next generation along with Tay, Treloar, Stephenson and JDG.

Personally I don’t see him going anywhere.

On talent I think he is worth a late first imo but like with Witts the pies will have a hard time getting maximum value in a trade. I agree he would be a perfect fit for the Bombers and is ready to contribute right away

Seems to me like a Jack Steele type when he was at GWS, strong midfielder but can't crack the best 22 consistntly but obviously has the talent, maybe he will go for around the same value if he was to leave mid 2nd rounder?

On talent I think he is worth a late first imo but like with Witts the pies will have a hard time getting maximum value in a trade. I agree he would be a perfect fit for the Bombers and is ready to contribute right away
If he plays some good footy at AFL level then he’ll possibly attract a late first. However if he can’t crack into the side he’s could get a Eitts type deal.

Nah - Essendon needs midfielders with immaculate disposal - Far more important than someone who has a big body.

He's played just over 10 games heading into his fourth year - As it stands now he worth pick 40+.
Lol.

Why do some people rate draft picks over players that have played afl at a decent level?

In all honesty, Pies hold all the cards here. If we want to keep him, we will. If we don't want to keep him, he is obviously damaged goods.

Would be a good time for a team to try trade him in, hes barely scratched his potential.

Has one of the fastest sprints at the club, will eventually start busting through stoppages with his frame and speed once he has gained some confidence.

With the Hawks lack of inside midfield depth I hope they enquire about him. What’s his market value if he requested a trade. A pick in the 30s?
If he doesn't grab a regular spot in the seniors with the Pies this season you'd think a pick in the 30s would be the best the Pies could hope for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back