Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a truly bizarre train wreck cant look away movie
The picture it paints is definitely a train wreck but the film itself is brilliant IMHO. It's super engrossing despite lacking any kind of narrative, and it's disturbing without resorting to graphic sex/violence.

Amazing to think Harmony Korine had knocked out Gummo and Kids by the time he was 21.

Last edited:
Michael keaton really is a pretty great actor, when was he big the 80's? Then sort of disappeared now making a late renaissance, really probably should been headlining a lot more better/bigger films than what he did.

Could say the same about mickey rourke too but i think mickey rourke can really only blame himself for that unfortunatley
Has recently headlined two Oscar winners, so I think he's getting the recognition he deserves now at least.

Dragged Across Concrete - 6.5/10

Pretty good movie. Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn made a great cop pairing. The film was pretty slow but I didn’t mind. Wasnt as good as Bone Tomahawk and Cellblock 99

Bone Tomahawk is great. Should be more western/ sci fi movies.

The Highwaymen - Netflix

Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson

2 out to pasture Texas Rangers are called in to help in the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde.

At over 2 hours it would be easy to dismiss this as Dances With Gangsters due to the sweeping landscape shots and the depression era ugliness and the slowness of the movie but its actually a very good movie highlighting the differences between the old and the new. The haves and have nots.

Hunting criminals is about following a trail, trying to get ahead of them , understanding them. Who better then Texas Rangers that used horses , the old, and find themselves using cars. The new.

The film is shot from Hamer and Maneys viewpoint and you see very very little of Bonnie and Clyde. I liked this.

It may not suit all tastes but I rate it 8/10

Sometimes Never Always

A quintessentially British movie that I couldn't imagine ever being made anywhere else. Bill Nighy is fantastic as the quirky old man who is obsessed with Scrabble due to the game's involvement in one of the biggest regrets of his life - his son walking out of home and never returning. There's not a whole heap more to it and there are some incredibly slow scenes, but overall it's a really enjoyable film. 8/10

I can't recall any Ultron bits in Infinity War? And I actually quite liked Age of Ultron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on both counts. Watched it again the other day and it has its faults but there is also a decent amount I like about it as well and it moves a lot of pieces towards Infinity War/Endgame. Not one of the very best but easily top half for me.

[IMG='width:186px;']https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNDJhMGQyMjAtMzlkZC00ZmU0LWFhNjYtNDY0NWU4YzkxODdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,708,1000_AL_.jpg[/IMG]
Body Melt (1993)
Ripper Ozploitation/schlock horror featuring d-grade Australian "celebrities" Lisa McCuane and one of the Daddos. Residents of an outer suburb of Geelong are pumped full an experimental drug that turns them into balls of snot. Killer special effects, tasteless jokes, racist stereotypes, cannibal rednecks in footy jumpers killing kangaroos and getting high on the adrenal glands. Aussie birds with their jugs out AND full frontal male nudity. Naive early 90's Australian techno soundtrack. Pointless gore. Heaps of foul language. Harold from Neighbours (playing a psychopath). Think early Peter Jackson meets Fat Pizza, (yep, it's that good) 10/10

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Highwaymen - Netflix

Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson

2 out to pasture Texas Rangers are called in to help in the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde.

At over 2 hours it would be easy to dismiss this as Dances With Gangsters due to the sweeping landscape shots and the depression era ugliness and the slowness of the movie but its actually a very good movie highlighting the differences between the old and the new. The haves and have nots.

Hunting criminals is about following a trail, trying to get ahead of them , understanding them. Who better then Texas Rangers that used horses , the old, and find themselves using cars. The new.

The film is shot from Hamer and Maneys viewpoint and you see very very little of Bonnie and Clyde. I liked this.

It may not suit all tastes but I rate it 8/10

I really enjoyed it.

Agree that it was quite unusual, but enjoyable, how Bonny & Clyde were the focus of the movie, but were given basically no screen time.

Good movie.

Where do you manage to see these films Toump Ass? A lot of them sound like movies i would enjoy buy not on netflix etc as a lot of them seem pretty obscure
I wasn't joking when I said I need to go scouting dumpsters for video tapes again. It was 10am outside a busy cafe and there were heaps of pretty girls around, but I couldn't help myself: I swallowed what's left of my pride, climbed in and took as many cassettes as I could carry.

That night I joined a few VHS forums online and discovered some of these tapes were prized items for horror fans, and then while selling them I chanced upon a once-in-a-lifetime ad from a guy dumping his collection of 400 or more VHS, a stack of DVD's and the DVD/VCR players all for $100.

That's where most of these movies come from, and that's why I've been going through them so quickly- I've been digitising them on my PC and selling them online (who has room for hundreds of VHS tapes in their house?)

Since joining these forums (which are obviously pretty small) I've made a stack of cash but I've also met people who I started trading with and buying from, and I've started getting tapes from e-bay and scouting op-shops and antique stores etc. to find them. There are a few "obscure film" blogs with download links but I've honestly never used them.

tl;dr- I legitimately scavenge s**t out of bins and I love it.

Great movie

I saw Us yesterday absolute trash.
In what way was Us absolute trash?

Tense, fantastically acted, less on the nose than Get Out but still plenty of subtext there if you want it.

Watched Pet Semetary straight after, enjoyed it very much as well.

Death of Stalin: 9/10 absolutely brilliant, comedic writing of the heightest caliber.
I need to try it again, but I really struggled to get through it and was ultimately disappointed. I normally love his writing and all the actors in this have great delivery and presence, but it all seemed to fall flat for me.

[IMG='width:186px;']https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNDJhMGQyMjAtMzlkZC00ZmU0LWFhNjYtNDY0NWU4YzkxODdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,708,1000_AL_.jpg[/IMG]
Body Melt (1993)
Ripper Ozploitation/schlock horror featuring d-grade Australian "celebrities" Lisa McCuane and one of the Daddos. Residents of an outer suburb of Geelong are pumped full an experimental drug that turns them into balls of snot. Killer special effects, tasteless jokes, racist stereotypes, cannibal rednecks in footy jumpers killing kangaroos and getting high on the adrenal glands. Aussie birds with their jugs out AND full frontal male nudity. Naive early 90's Australian techno soundtrack. Pointless gore. Heaps of foul language. Harold from Neighbours (playing a psychopath). Think early Peter Jackson meets Fat Pizza, (yep, it's that good) 10/10

Holy s**t. This sounds insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back