Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn Tom Scully. Congratulations for finally making it onto an AFL list!

Remove this Banner Ad

Tinfoilhat.jpg

It’s not. All I heard on Monday / Tuesday from the media in general was how Adelaide lost the lost the game rather than we simply outplayed them. When we made our charge towards the finals last year the silence was deafening from the media. When we lost to Melbourne it was pretty much all out in straight sets bullshit, forget that Jaeger didn’t play Stratton got injured early, sulk had broken ribs and we still nearly pinched the game.

Essendon and Sydney clearly has everyone blowing their horn and I have no effing idea why....

Sorry guys, but you’re batshit crazy if you think the AFL is out to get us.

People hate us winning, they can’t stand the thought of Hawthorn being a power again already, but there is no concerted AFL narrative to see Hawthorn disparaged. It’s rubbish.

You’re just buying into the amount of social media clowns and ex-players who can’t stand Hawthorn dominating again.

People hate us winning, they can’t stand the thought of Hawthorn being a power again already, but there is no concerted AFL narrative to see Hawthorn disparaged. It’s rubbish.

You’re just buying into the amount of social media clowns and ex-players who can’t stand Hawthorn dominating again.

Not saying it’s an AFL conspiracy. What I’m saying is pretty much what you said in your last paragraph, I’m over it

Maybe YOU"RE part of the AFL Conspiracy, making us think there isn't a conspiracy! <Suspicious glance at Abasi goes here>

On topic, not expecting much from Scully for a bit, but will be very happy with 16 possessions, a ton of metres gained and no injuries.

Don't kid yourself, if you can't see the silent war being fought between the club and the AFL then you are blind.

Don't kid yourself, if you can't see the silent war being fought between the club and the AFL then you are blind.
Batshit crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They already do and say things better than a whole lot of 'vet' teams in this league that have been around for a hundred years.
Keep the management and systems they're currently employing and don't lose their s**t/patience if a cup doesn't come along in the next couple years, and they could sustain a run as one of the better successes in the AFL.

What’s a pass mark for today?

15 possessions?

I just want him to get through whatever time we have deemed manageable.

If he kicks a goal the boys will be jumping out of their skin.

They already do and say things better than a whole lot of 'vet' teams in this league that have been around for a hundred years.
Keep the management and systems they're currently employing and don't lose their s**t/patience if a cup doesn't come along in the next couple years, and they could sustain a run as one of the better successes in the AFL.

You're definitely right, despite all the smack they cop (from myself included) they are quite well run for such a new club.

They have definitely missed a golden opportunity for a flag or two already, but by no means has their premiership window fully closed.

I think that it also speaks volumes for those older "vet" clubs also and how they are managed/mismanaged.

It must certainly suck for those kids drafted to Carlton/Essendon/St Kilda and I'm actually surprised by their rate of player retention.

What’s a pass mark for today?

15 possessions?

I just want him to get through whatever time we have deemed manageable.

If he kicks a goal the boys will be jumping out of their skin.
Possessions are great but if he doesn't find a lot of footy that's fine as long as his running helps open the Doggies defence and create space for the rest of his teammates to use. Ultimately as long as he can show he has full confidence in his ankle and looks like he'll improve week on week as he gets touch back then it will be a success.

A goal - especially if it's from 50 on the run - would be fantastic though!

For me its 70% and 20 touches. If he can't be contributing at least a decent amount he shouldn't be out there playing in the AFL and should have played in the VFL. Maybe a little harsh, and I do have a long term eye as well. But if you're in, you're in, and you're expected to pull your weight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back