Review Dees v Handbaggers @ Handbag Park: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 2, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the timely reminder that no matter how bad it gets for us this year, at least we don’t support Fremantle. There’s always somebody who has it worse.
That could pretty easily be argued.
Didn’t you guys cheat because you were s**t!

Last night felt like a Neeld/Bailey era loss, with the added pisstake goal by whoever Hawkins gifted off to.

I’m confident we can actually turn things around and play quality footy this season, but the fact that we’ve started the year looking so fumbly and tired is really disappointing, particularly after that prelim loss.

The main problem that sticks out is obviously our inside 50 efficiency (or lack thereof), and being killed on the counter - the same problems which killed games for us last season. We actually looked good at the start if the 3/4, but so much effort for no reward and it’s no wonder the wind gets knocked out of the sails.

I just hope Goodwin and co have some answers for this heading forward.

Last night felt like a Neeld/Bailey era loss, with the added pisstake goal by whoever Hawkins gifted off to.

This and having to watch Chris Scott yuk it up after was a huge $hit sandwhich.

I think the game should have gotten very physical after that.

I'm a bit concerned. It's only round 2 and already we're terrible.

It's a problem on many levels. For me in particular. I like cooking and food and for a long time now I've followed a weekend routine where I try to cheer myself up after a poor round by focussing on cooking something really good - if things are really grim I distract myself by pushing out the boat and attempting something exotic. The fact that today I'm putting together seared venison loin, a red wine red currant reduction, with a ground venison ragu and celeriac puree tells you exactly where we are at the minute. If we lose to Essendon I'm not certain where to go next.

You guys will be fine. Still carrying some underdone players and players out of form who will come good. Oliver and Brayshaw were excellent last night.

I’m sure you’ve all discussed Preuss a million times and I’m not sure of his fitness status at the moment but I reckon you should be playing him and alternating one of him and Gawn in the goal square. Weideman is a developing kid, albeit he played a great final against us, and McDonald is still finding his way as a key forward.

Geelong have a knack of kicking ridiculously accurately against us. 20.6 yesterday, 16.4 in the Tuohy game and something like 18.2 at Etihad in 2017. Although last night we would have lost by 8+ goals in any conditions.

Geelong have a knack of kicking ridiculously accurately against us. 20.6 yesterday, 16.4 in the Tuohy game and something like 18.2 at Etihad in 2017. Although last night we would have lost by 8+ goals in any conditions.
On the contrary we kicked 13.16 and 14.14 in our two losses last year, and 10.15 in our elim final win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a problem on many levels. For me in particular. I like cooking and food and for a long time now I've followed a weekend routine where I try to cheer myself up after a poor round by focussing on cooking something really good - if things are really grim I distract myself by pushing out the boat and attempting something exotic. The fact that today I'm putting together seared venison loin, a red wine red currant reduction, with a ground venison ragu and celeriac puree tells you exactly where we are at the minute. If we lose to Essendon I'm not certain where to go next.
This has POTY vibes about it

To elaborate, they are the most spoilt, egotistiscal, entitled, condescending bunch of Humans i have ever met.
My best mate is one (been friends with him since we were both 6, however that doesnt excuse him. God knows i love him, but * me. Humbility isn't a trait he knows of)

The arrogance is sickening.
Then Last year after our win in the final i went over to their board, told them how much i loved "the Gazza for nothing and TK for Free" parody of money for nothing. Within 10 mins the comment got deleted, turns out there bad losers.

If MarcMaverick gets a melt thread surely we can get a "Geelong Can GGF" thread?

Last edited:
As an American i could use an official definition of the word.
This should answer the question for you. This is from a Marketing campaign which was run by the Northern Territory government a couple of years ago. That is Uluru in the background. We just use the acronym NT when referring to that area rather than the full name.So the campaign played on that, a cunning stunt.

1554003771746.png

This should answer the question for you. This is from a Marketing campaign which was run by the Northern Territory government a couple of years ago. That is Uluru in the background. We just use the acronym NT when referring to that area rather than the full name.So the campaign played on that, a cunning stunt.

View attachment 645326
Wait. That was a real marketing campaign? Not an internet gag?

i don’t think we can play with all of the mid sized marking forwards ie. Trac, Melk et.al. We look so one diamentional.

If we’re going to persist with the bomb in to the forward line we need to drop Trac for Preuss, and then play 3 smalls that can apply manic pressure, maybe Baker and Bedford

At least Hogan is back next week!
Wait a minute, tomorrow is next week WST and he’s playing in purple. Oh well!
You look like a real dickhead now, losing to last years 2nd bottom side.

Bet you are stoked with hogans 0 goals to get you over the line.

You look like a real dickhead now, losing to last years 2nd bottom side at home.

Bet you are stoked with hogans 0 goals to get you over the line.

To be fair, apparently he spent most of the game in the midfield, as you would do with any high profile forward recruit.

It's a sad state of affairs when you are forced to create exquisite flavours and delectable textures just to get through the day.

To be fair, apparently he spent most of the game in the midfield, as you would do with any high profile forward recruit.

I turned it on a few times and saw him up forward, I mean if you are losing why not put your forward star recruit in the forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back