Has Jordan De Goey announced himself?

Remove this Banner Ad

Announced himself? You can have a spectacular ring entrance, but you need to deliver the knockout blow in finals!
Stevie J was announcing himself for years then he went whack!!! When De Gooey boots five in a prelim or Grand Final then he's arrived at the elite level...
Obviously didn’t watch the finals series last year?

What are you talking about, the guy half fit destroyed Richmond single handed. He's probably the most talented player in the AFL at the moment, watch out for when he's fully fit.

Esteemed anti Collingwood poster Zoom (alias Finger) said

Should aim to become a poor man’s Dusty. Doesn’t have half the tricks that Dusty does but I see similarities.

and then followed that up by saying that was no slight on his ability and something he should aspire to.
Called it a compliment to Degoey ;). Where are you now Finger?

Esteemed anti Collingwood poster Zoom (alias Finger) said

and then followed that up by saying that was no slight on his ability and something he should aspire to.
Called it a compliment to Degoey ;). Where are you now Finger?
My stance remains. Win a Brownlow, Norm Smith, AFLCA and carry your side to a premiership then we can start talking. Until then he’s more like Jake Stringer than he is Dustin Martin.

"The most talented player in the AFL at the moment...."

Fck me...really? What a ludicrous comment to make. He's a very talented player and still has a bit of upside to come. He's absolutely not the most talented player in the comp though.

As someone said above, reminds me of Jake Stringer when he was a gun.

My stance remains. Win a Brownlow, Norm Smith, AFLCA and carry your side to a premiership then we can start talking. Until then he’s more like Jake Stringer than he is Dustin Martin.

Your bait was “poor mans dusty” in a thread nothing about Martin, read the OP before trying to run your richmond agenda.
You bit salty after another belting, or is it that an underdone Degoey notched up another 5?
BTW Martin is looking a bit lazy these days, which is the last thing Degoey wants to aspire to be, “poor mans” or not.

Last edited:
Your bait was “poor mans dusty” in a thread nothing about Martin, read the OP before trying to run your richmond agenda.
You bit salty after another belting, or is it that an underdone Degoey notched up another 5?
BTW Martin is looking a bit lazy these days, which is the last thing Degoey wants to aspire to “poor mans” or not.
Seems like you’re just using this thread to troll because my Dusty comment hit a nerve.

It's my opinion. I'm yet to see him truly grab a game by the balls and be the reason his team wins.
As I said, that's not a slight on him, just an assessment of where he's at. Much like Franklin in 2007 before the crows final

Round 7, Gabba.

They were on fire, demonstrating how good they might potentially become. A lot of our players had down days. Moore was off the boil and struggling in between injuries. Martin did a great job on Grundy in the ruck. Many of our mids were well below their best. Pendles hurt and in the rooms. Zorko everywhere.

We traded goals throughout the game.

De Goey takes a strong contested mark with 4 minutes to go and slots the goal for his fifth of the day.

Dying moments of the game and a just a kick in it, De Goey wins possession in the right forward pocket, tunnel handballs to release Stephenson for the goal and we win the game.

Balls were grabbed.

"The most talented player in the AFL at the moment...."

Fck me...really? What a ludicrous comment to make. He's a very talented player and still has a bit of upside to come. He's absolutely not the most talented player in the comp though.

As someone said above, reminds me of Jake Stringer when he was a gun.

Stringer doesn’t even deserve to mow De Goey’s front lawn

What are you talking about, the guy half fit destroyed Richmond single handed. He's probably the most talented player in the AFL at the moment, watch out for when he's fully fit.

Disagree. Quality forward pocket, but, like Eddie, these guys don't win you grand finals. Happy to be proved wrong but results speak for themselves at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another sore Richmond supporter downplaying his ability, a lazy 5 sausage rolls against your rabble.

Maybe you’re right we’ll just have to wait until he performs against better quality opposition ;)

Last edited:
Disagree. Quality forward pocket, but, like Eddie, these guys don't win you grand finals. Happy to be proved wrong but results speak for themselves at this stage.

Yep forward pocket just like Eddy, except he’s nearly 20kg heavier, 7 inches taller and plays midfield very well.

We have the luxury of playing him forward ATM, something your shitty side couldn’t afford.

BTW happy to have real discussion about JDG rather than salty Richmond flogs, coming on here after an underdone Degoey reamed them

Last edited:
I've always thought he would be a star if he put his head down. Saw the same thing in Dangerfield and Jake Stringer at a young age (Danger much more explosive). Danger put his head down and work, Stringer didn't and the difference is chalk and cheese in terms of results. It looks like DeGoey might have got things in order. If he has IMO he'll be one of the leagues best players in a couple of years.

The fact you just described De Goey as a ‘Quality forward Pocket’ shows you know literally zero about him, and due to that your opinion is completely irrelevant.

What I’ve taken out of this thread is that he doesn’t actually remind me of any other player. He is a very good Jordan De Goey, and will be a star in his own right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back