Autopsy Hawks fall in a heap against the Dogs - Rd 2, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

We honestly were starting to crumble even as we got our 30 point lead, could have easily been an 18 point game at the end of the 3rd. Umpiring sealed the deal yes, but we can learn a lot from this game. The Sicily free kick is such a massive ******* problem for the game, you can call that free at any time and It'd technically be correct, what little accountability we had is gone.

Umpiring hurts however when you are 30 up there is no excuse.

It was the worst quarter of football I’ve seen us play in a long time.

Having said this, the dogs should have been up by 4 goals at half time.

We played brilliantly in the third. Not enough though.

The two rotations down hurt enormously, however that’s football. Huge to lose Burgoyne. Shiels looked devastated on the bench.. could be serious.

Jack Scrimshaw ... what a great find.
Henderson... played so well.
Worps and o’meara ... will get better working together.

When you don’t play four quarters, you get punished. That simple.

We will bounce back.

KOLOKOTRONIS

This season has gone from good start to big concerns in 30 minutes.

Once again we had way less posession than the opposition midfield a big concern.

We caught Adelaide on the hop.

We were never a chance to truly compete when our second best midfielder is Shiels. Our depth there is one of the worst in the league until Mitchell is back and Worpel develops into the gun he promises to be.

Terrible umpiring but there were some very bad errors and efforts by players. Not just that last quarter but during the entire game. Not sure that Clarkson is coaching some players to swat the ball but that's what some seem to be doing from time to time. The free against Sicily may have been terrible but he made some bad errors in that last quarter. As did Stratton. The end result is on the players. Will be interesting to see how they come out of this hole they have dug themselves into. From cruising to a bruising.

Last edited:
Worpel freekick, is that legitimately a freekick as per the rules?
Sicily freekick downfield when scores are tied with minutes left.. I mean how can anyone mount an argument that these umpires "understand" the game. That was a disgraceful moment of over-officiating that spoiled an exciting game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feeling pretty flat but as bad as the umpiring was there was also a fair bit we only have ourselves to blame. The first thing I’ll point out was James Cousins handing off to Smith when he probably should’ve gone back to kick the sealer. This one hurts a lot especially as we had a great chance to go 2-0 with a lot of other teams faltering this weekend.

Finally if anyone has the gall to question Ricky Henderson’s spot in the team then go back and look at the 11 minute mark of the 3 quarter and look what he does. His game all in all was close to the best he’s every had for us so I feel for him having the capitulate like that.
Time waits for no man so we just gotta like our wounds and unfortunately it looks like it’s going to be at least 2 outs with Shiels and Burgoyne injured. Probably be Wingard and Howe in for those 2. Anyways I’ll just do what I do when we lose and pretend like it didn’t happen and avoid the sports news 👎🏽👎🏽

Who’s going to hold these maggot pricks to account? Seriously, who’s going to do it? Yes we stopped, but did the umpires categorically take away our chance to win the game? Yes they did... I hope Clarko loses his mind, the club should pay whatever fine he cops.

Utterly disgusting that they not only spoon feed the pleb clubs financially but they also do it via umpiring. Absolutely mind boggling

Disappointing umpiring decision for the Schache free kick, I didn't think many of the others were terrible but that one was just not the kind of free you pay with scores about level 5 mins to go.

We probably couldn't have won anyway, we tired badly, same as last week actually. With the two players down it meant we were no chance of holding on.
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAA
btw is this a reverse troll? You're only embarrassing your own side by commenting on games played by competent teams.

Good:
Henderson
Caleb Daniel as fullback
Injury free return for Scully

Bad:
Injuries to Burgers and Shiels

Ugly:
Those 3 umpires for the whole day (Particularly the last quarter) who should be named, shamed and sacked.
They singlehandedly influenced the outcome of the game and should never umpire again.
Let's not forget the goal review of Breust's goal that the field umpire called touched despite the player not touching it, that resulted in a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back