Autopsy Hawks fall in a heap against the Dogs - Rd 2, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Took words out of my mouth (keyboard).

Smith should not have asked for the give from the young player Cuz - he should have left him to patiently shoot for goal.. I was fuming about that.

Scully kick wide to open side of goal square was also a massive error, it was whisked away for an easy goal.

The umpires robbed us, but we should have been settled enough to win that game from 30 points up.
Me too I.was fuming

We remain brittle. 9 goals conceded in the last quarter is appalling.

Blame the umpires all you want but if you do you completely miss the point.

You don't cough up a 30 point lead on your home deck and use the umpires as a patsy.

This is gonna be one topsy turvy year.
Well said mate. I’m with you. As hard as what it is this is one of those learning experience things. We can either blame the umpires or we can own it (well most of it) and move forward. Umpires and the league aren’t gonna change anything and everyone melting on here certainly ain’t gonna change anything. We should’ve could’ve would’ve. As said before NEXT!

The umps gave them at least four of those goals but more importantly gave WB all the momentum which is worth even more than the goals. Once they had that momentum there was no way of you guys winning given your lack of rotations but there was no way they were getting that momentum without the help of the umps which started with the O'meara free reversal.

Abasi when you have 95% of our board and then oppo supporters coming on and saying we were stitched up by the umpires it's really time to pull your head out of the sand.

Fair to say that last quarter could have gone slightly better. Our midfield is already shallow and we couldn't afford to have Shiels and Burgoyne only play half a game each with Scully being managed. Add in the 'creative' umpiring and it was a disaster.

Strats had one of his worst ever games. He really struggled one out against players that are far from superstars when that is his main strength. When Shiels was on the ground he was pretty ineffectual (8 touches and 5 clangers). Morrison never really got involved and I thought that while Cuz worked himself into it he showed that he isn't ready to be a key part of a contending centre square set-up. Nash did a couple of nice things but pretty anonymous. Frawley's disposal was awful but he had some good defensive moments.

Jags and Worpel were great. They just need extra help. Poppy and Gunner had really good games up forward. Scrimshaw, Hardwick and Sicily fought well all day (I'm not going to criticise Sic for the frees as they were BS) especially in the second when we were being bombarded with inside 50s. Henderson was outstanding.

Fingers crossed that the injuries to Shiels and Burgoyne aren't too serious.

I don't exactly know what to say after that. 30 points up and cruising; then bang, it's game over and not in our favour

The Sicily free has been done to death, we all know it was complete cheating (my favourite part of which is the ump couldn't give a reason for the decision even after being asked twice); but the other one which confused me was the free shot out of the centre, seemed to come out of nowhere. Anyone got an explanation?

We showed our absolute best and absolute worst football in the space of 20 mins. Many positives, many negatives and a hell of a lot of head scratching

Someone needs to be held accountable for those disgraceful decisions- completely gifted dogs the game... you watch now the media wrap up the dogs now.. will be no mention of umpiring

Even commentary was all about the comeback conveniently ignoring the two senior mids on the bench

Big shout out to Gilbert McAdam for taking the gloss off the two dogs he interviewed post game when he straight up said “are you aware that Burgoyne and Shiels weren’t on the ground for the entire last quarter”

The footy club also needs to tell us why on earth we’ve taken Reeves ahead of the mid we had at pre season who could clearly help us now... Reeves is 10 years away from being a senior footballer if ever.

My dad was a CEO of an AFL club and I couldn't get a gig and I was only five years away from being a footballer.

But really other clubs were sniffing and we have to make plans for post big boy and cegs and from what I can see Pitto is just a good VFL toiler.

you just did.
Mate I'm far from losing my s**t, people are legit posting that this is an AFL conspiracy.:drunk:

I have faith in the team to bounce back. I watched the whole game and there were massive positives that came from it. Apparently fans can't post here unless you're literally filled with rage after every loss. People need to have a cuupa and just chill a bit sometimes, I've already had a poster tell me they wanted to * me up. :oops:

I legit almost died two days ago and have 3 broken bones and two new front teeth, so maybe that has helped me to put the loss in perspective in the grand scheme of things.

Abasi when you have 95% of our board and then oppo supporters coming on and saying we were stitched up by the umpires it's really time to pull your head out of the sand.

It's not about whether we got stitched up today. We did.

It's about whether there is a top down conspiracy where AFL executives are directing the football media, umpires and canteen ladies to do anything they can to stop Hawthorn. There isn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I'm far from losing my s**t, people are legit posting that this is an AFL conspiracy.:drunk:

The AFL couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery let alone an umpiring conspiracy.

That was pure and simple incompetence.

Stop posting dumb s**t, please.

Umpires make mistakes in every game and there’s always a cost....this doesn’t mean they are acting out an “AFL narrative” against your club.

I have been a member for 28 consecutive years. I haven't signed up this year, not because I'm not intending to - I have a 4 month old and I just haven't got around to it yet.
After watching today, I really don't know if I care to fund this league anymore. Yes, Hawthorn fell in an absolute heap in the last 15 mins. It was disheartening to no end. But that's not why I'm now contemplating not renewing - as gutwrenching a that thought is.

What I witnessed today was not Aussie Rules. There were a lot of similarities to what I know as Aussie Rules, but it certainly wasn't officiated like it. The frequent rule manipulation and adjustments to the interpretation of them in the sport over the past 10 or so years has finally broken me. I know I still have a passion for Aussie Rules, for Hawthorn. But they don't compete in a league that is consistent with what I know as Aussie Rules.

Unleash Clarko. ******* lay it out in your presser. Call these clowns out for the bullshit they've served up. Everyone is held accountable for their performance. Why aren't the AFL, it's law makers and it's umpires?

I’ve had the same thought since I left the ground. I travel 600km round trip at around $100 a pop to watch my beloved Hawks and do it a dozen times a year not including Finals. I go hoping to see a fair and equitable contest. I’ve seen great wins and bad losses and some atricious umpiring over my 48 years following the Hawks but this one really burns because Im now paying the AFL through Silver Membership to fund those incompetent twats that wore green today. I dont know if I can do that any more. Better I turn off the TV and go walk the dog rather than fume in the car for the 4 hour trip home. Its not sour grapes after a loss, its being taken for a fool and sucker that hurts the most and Ive followed this game long enough to know when thats happening.

If this corrupt performance is not taken further by the AFL or at least explained correctly, they can GAGF and I’ll fund a pure Hawks membership.

Jaeger reversing that free really swung momentum, should've had an inside 50, instead started the rot.

Really disappointed with the umpiring, to say the least. But Sicily has been done like that in 2 games by the Dogs now. How they pick one push to award the free to is a complete mystery.

All will be forgotten if he delivers us Cogs. If he doesn’t then I say we publicly stone him 😂

Don’t care about all the ‘we should have’...’Clarko this’...’Scicilly’...
We got f’ing robbed. Omera slap on the chest, free resulted in a goal. Worpel centre infringement resulted in a goal, first free of that type in the history of the game. Scicilly free for slap on the chest....WTF! Will accept a loss most times but not on this occasion, we were ROBBED!

I’m feeling so enraged!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay - relatively calm

Scrimshaw was good
Omeara scragged all day was good (minus brain fade)
Gunners was good
Worpel was good
Scully looks like he made it through okay

Must remember it’s still a rebuild year - we will be up and down all season

AND * YOU MAGGOTS

Sometimes umpires are incompetent, but it balances out.

Sometime's they are incompetent, and it favours a team to a degree.

And occasionally, you get outliers like this one, where the incompetence is 90/10 one team's way.

We got screwed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back