Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

How goes it 'maniac.
Nice start to the season for you although the Kangas were woeful.
Looks like you finally learned how to score again instead of playing Lyons rope-a-dope game.
(and despite being dudded with the Hogan deal. )
thanks.....
The general views was Lyons 2nd biggest concern was the tactics, his biggest concern was playing youth.....

Saying that, People said Ross Lyon was forced to change his style, that's half the truth.

I have Said the only reason Lyon plays a low scoring style is because of the cattle he has. Last 2 years the excuses were lack of fire power up front and injuries.

I have posted on here, In Norths defence, they were playing in Perth Stadium, like the Subiaco oval of old, had more space on the wings compared to docklands. North had injuries too, especially in the back line.

I never gave up on McCarthy. It took us 2 years to finally play to his strengths. At GWS he thrived as a 3rd tall behind Cameron and Lobb. Last week he thrived behind Tabs and Lobb. I posted on the freo board, I more happy getting Lobb than Hogan as Lobb is a ruckman and a tall forward. Had to play both of them. North Beat us at home last year with their 2 main talls in Waite and Ben Brown doing the damage.

Ironic that this 666 rule was introduced to quell the Ross Lyon super blockage in the stoppages though

I was always a big defender of McCarthy. Overtime someone called him out or called him s**t I simply told them "Wait until they play him in his right position and then make a judgement." Yes I'll admit he was pretty useless at times over the past 2 years, but it seems like that was mainly to do with his confidence. If you look at some of his games particularly last year, he would start off a game well, but as soon as a made one mistake the wheels just fell off. Hoping that this year he can continue what he showed in Round 1.

I feel the Roos couldn't do much scoring last week not just because of Pearce, Hamling and the others shutting down their forwards, I feel losing Waite may have had a big effect on the Roos. Now they have nobody else to kick it to but Brown, at least last year if they couldn't kick it to Brown they could give it to Waite.

I was always a big defender of McCarthy. Overtime someone called him out or called him s**t I simply told them "Wait until they play him in his right position and then make a judgement." Yes I'll admit he was pretty useless at times over the past 2 years, but it seems like that was mainly to do with his confidence. If you look at some of his games particularly last year, he would start off a game well, but as soon as a made one mistake the wheels just fell off. Hoping that this year he can continue what he showed in Round 1.

I feel the Roos couldn't do much scoring last week not just because of Pearce, Hamling and the others shutting down their forwards, I feel losing Waite may have had a big effect on the Roos. Now they have nobody else to kick it to but Brown, at least last year if they couldn't kick it to Brown they could give it to Waite.
Yep, easily the 2nd most talked about forward at freo when it comes to mixed opinions, behind Tarberner

Might as well change it to Woosha and Essendon or North Melb and Scott at this point in time.

Amazed how Brad Scott has managed to avoid being on the hot seat (least in the media) for a few years now, he has been there long enough for less success than Lyon has held at Freo (least Rosco got Freo into their first ever grand final)
Mainly because people often mistake him for Chris Scott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between norf losing and Freo flaking I can't believe the servers are still handling it.

Gold Coast did their best to blow it, yet still won it.

* me Freo. You're a *******........word's can't describe it.

Just a classic fremantle moment. Nostalgic times, in a way reminded me of Freo losing to Fitzroy in '96.

I'm not sure any coach can prevent Fremantle from going out of their way to lose to the shittest side in the league. Time honoured tradition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back