Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signs with GWS]

I've heard that the Cats are interested, and given Josh prefers to stay out of the limelight off the field, I definitely see them as a likely suitor.

I have no doubt Geelong would be keen because we like to trade in readymade players we will possibly lose our Kelly and we don't have great quality or depth in linebreaking outside mids.

But while i think we'd offer him a good salary (800-1mil probably) i doubt we will offer the salaries well over 1mil PA that other Melb based clubs probably will and even if we get good picks from trading Kelly back to WA i think other clubs will offer GWS better picks in a trade so unless you guys are prepared to take less picks than you can get elsewhere and Kelly is prepared to take less money than he can get elsewhere i think it's unlikely.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I've heard that the Cats are interested, and given Josh prefers to stay out of the limelight off the field, I definitely see them as a likely suitor.

They would be crazy not to be ... there are other clubs accruing these players coming back from GWS ..but Kelly would be like the "Welcome Stranger" of the gold that has drifted south... but Im not sure that we would have the picks to get it done.

I suspect we may able to manipulate SC as long as he is reasonable but what would GWS accept..(not want... cause that would be 3r1's).
We will not be able to trade our Future R1 if we trade our R1 this year ...If we traded our R1 and whatever we got IF we lost Tim Kelly its still unlikely to match what some clubs would offer.... and at that cost .. Id probably prefer to take the R1's to draft and look at FA's. ... but ist not up to me. First things first ..its up to JKelly for him to say .. Id like to come to your club..can you arrange it..?"

It would depend on the requirements .. but it would not be easy.

If you get at least one R1 for TK trading 2 R1s for JK starts to get in the ballpark. Hed have to nominate Geelong first though.

Foll: Stanley Ablett Selwood
C: Duncan Dangerfield J Kelly

Would LOL.

And thats before you talk Menegola and Parfitt and Dahlhaus in there who are all very fine mids and Constable who I think will be. Even if TK goes and Scooter retires thats a quality and deep midfield group.

We will certainly be chasing JK.

Back