Indian Premier League - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just sad that KKR are wasting Shubman Gill down the order. Can do what Uthappa does and probably a bit more.

I just feel the game is so biased against the bowlers. The bowlers don't get warnings for no balls, it's a no ball even if the foot is on the line, they not only get penalised with an extra ball and run, they also get penalised with a free hit the next ball and I'm hearing the free hit is on its way in test cricket as well.

But a bowler will get crucified by cricket pundits if he attempts a run out for a non striker regularly stealing yards. I've seen fixers and cheaters getting lesser condemnation than a bowler effecting a dismissal what's ultimately in the rule book.

Last edited:
Pretty hilarious that the Mumbai Indians are playing a washed up Yuvraj in their XI with Ishan Kishan on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bumrah is a freak.

Conceding 5 runs (should've been 4 if not for a wrong wide call) in the penultimate over against a rampaging AB de Villiers at the crease (who had just taken 18 runs in the previous over) at the Chinnaswamy is just unbelievable. Had both Kohli and AB in his pocket in the match and was the match winner for Mumbai.

Ugh, went to bed after their innings. Got what I deserved!

Was watching till Shaw got out on 99 in the 19th over. Delhi then required 6 runs from the last over with Ingram at the crease and a few batsmen to come. Felt sleepy, thought a Delhi win was obvious and dozed off lol.

Random question...

I haven’t really watched any IPL since season 1 when it was on tv. And I don’t know much about India, having never been there.

There’s no polite way to ask this - why are all the cheerleaders white? Is it like Japan where there’s a certain reverence of western culture? Is it just that Indians are brought up on Bollywood style and that’s not what IPL wants?

It’s very noticeable when you’re watching.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Random question...

I haven’t really watched any IPL since season 1 when it was on tv. And I don’t know much about India, having never been there.

There’s no polite way to ask this - why are all the cheerleaders white? Is it like Japan where there’s a certain reverence of western culture? Is it just that Indians are brought up on Bollywood style and that’s not what IPL wants?

It’s very noticeable when you’re watching.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CSK actually has had Indian cheerleaders for the most part and a few other teams followed suit as well. Some teams had Indian dancers doing Indian traditional dances, but that didn't really work out. But yeah, cheerleaders have been mostly white in the IPL.

Think there are a few reasons for that. Indian sports don't have a cheerleading culture like American sports, so process cheerleaders might be hard to find. And then, there's the obvious more white = more attractive stereotypic belief in India, hence the predilection for these franchise clubs towards white women and men. Personally, I have never understood the point of cheerleading and think it adds nothing to the game. Making white people dance non stop in the scorching heat of India almost looks like torture and I feel for those cheerleaders. I don't mind some drums, etc., after every boundary.

Weren't there allegations of Warner invoking Bairstow's late father in sledging during last Ashes?

Certainly didn't look like there were any issues between the two when Bairstow hugged Warner upon reaching his century.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back