Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is diffferent how to Hazlewood breaking down, Starc bowling pies and Cummins crumbling from the workload and his body finally giving way again?
Hazlewood's probably the most durable of the 3, actually. Has missed a fair few Tests recently but his injury record is nowhere near as bad as Pattinson's.

And that's coming from someone who thinks Pattinson should be in the XI.

A Richardson, Pattinson, Siddle bowling partnership would probably do better than the first choice attack in England

In contention Starc,Cummings,Haelzwood,Pattinson.J Richardson and Siddle.I presume they would pick 5,perhaps last position between Richardson,Siddle and Haezlwood.OR could Startc miss out,a lot depends on the county games some of the Australians are playing and performances in the A squad playing over there.

The numbers from the batsman since Christmas, against the Duke are very disappointing.

From the incumbents, assuming my calculations are pretty much accurate

Harris: 663 at 73
Burns: 213 at 27
Patterson: 230 at 29
Marnus: 161 at 20
Head: 314 at 39
Paine: 95 at 19

Other contenders:
Renshaw: 195 at 24
Pucovski: 287 at 36
Wade: 450 at 56
Bancroft: 392 at 56

In contention Starc,Cummings,Haelzwood,Pattinson.J Richardson and Siddle.I presume they would pick 5,perhaps last position between Richardson,Siddle and Haezlwood.OR could Startc miss out,a lot depends on the county games some of the Australians are playing and performances in the A squad playing over there.

If they do pick 5....Siddle to miss out Pattinson for me better bat....been there before with siddle we know what we are going to get

Richardson goes if fit...….perfectly suited for English conditions will be a great learning tour for him

Starc hazelwood both go...but I can see Pattinson putting huge pressure on both if they bowl poorly

Cummins jet locked in

As you said above it depends on how well they are going when they get there in the tour/county games

Siddle has to go. They made a mistake last time not playing him until the last test, they need to learn from that.

I agree that it was a big mistake not playing him last time but I still think we have potentially better options this time. Siddle will be 35 and I do think he's probably past it now at the highest level.

I'd still have Pattinson and J Richardson ahead of him if both are fit, take Siddle if they're under injuy clouds.

That said I'd still have Siddle over Starc in England except for maybe on a couple of the flat wickets (provided he's in form).

The Cricket Australia tide turning?
Justin Langer has challenged Glenn Maxwell to be Australia's answer to Virat Kohli, insisting he could not only become a world-beating 50-over batsman, but also a bona fide Test player.
"The challenge for him is, and I've said this to him, we've just seen Virat Kohli, who is an extraordinarily talented player – he averages 60 in ODI cricket. He is a great player," Langer said ahead of Australia's fifth and final one-dayer against Pakistan.
"At the moment, in 99 games, Maxi averages 32 or 33.
"He can be Virat Kohli. He has got the talent to do that.
"The way he played that T20 hundred in India, the way he played both T20s - we know he's a great T20 player.
"His next challenge is to become a great ODI player and then potentially a Test player.
"So there's huge upside for him and while he keeps practicing with the purpose he's got and winning games of cricket like he is, it's great to have him."
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/gle...ia-odi-tour-pakistan-uae-world-cup/2019-03-31

Sorry, JL, but what indication is there that Maxwell is even in the same ballpark as Kohli?
Yeah it's a bizarre soundbite. Even putting aside that Kohli is the GOAT of limited overs batting he's a completely different type of player.

The thing about Kohli averaging 60 and saying Maxwell's challenge is to do that reminds me of Sangakarra's dad saying his son should have had a century rate the same as Bradman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batsmen
1. Warner
2. Burns
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Patterson
7. Harris

Allrounder
8. Stoinis / M.Marsh (not a M.Marsh fan but will need an all-rounder option who can bowl some pace in England)

Wicket keepers
9. Paine
10. Wade / Carey

Fast bowlers
11. Cummins
12. Starc
13. Richardson
14. Hazelwood
15. Pattinson

Spinners
16. Lyon
17. Holland

Harris
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Patterson
Paine (C)(+)
Pattinson
Cummins
Lyon
Hazlewood

Squad: S.Marsh Wade Starc Burns J.Richardson Siddle

Trying to think of another spin option but not fancying any of them.
Suspect they'll go with Holland and maybe Pucovski instead of Smarsh and Siddle.

Holland proved himself not up to Test standard in his stint. I don't think we'll bother with a back up spinner.
I think they will. Otherwise it would be reliant on Head/Smith for spin.

Holland proved himself not up to Test standard in his stint. I don't think we'll bother with a back up spinner.
LOL.

Vehemently advocated for SOK though.
That’s bizarre s**t

Never said Holland was it either.
Just don't get what you see in SOK's nudies.
I don't see the point in bringing up this question, because you never answer it - why has O'Keefe got such good figures in FC and Test cricket?

I don't see the point in bringing up this question, because you never answer it - why has O'Keefe got such good figures in FC and Test cricket?
Tests. Only plays on the subcontinent. Even Krejza did well there once. He still bowls nudies.
First Class. Look at the state of some of the teams in the shield. SA are barely club standard.

He does not spin the ball.

Tests. Only plays on the subcontinent. Even Krejza did well there once. He still bowls nudies.
First Class. Look at the state of some of the teams in the shield. SA are barely club standard.

He does not spin the ball.
Oh dear. Holland has played his Tests in Asia and failed. So your logic is rubbish. And he plays the same State competition with a lesser record.

Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back