Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Few years back I heard that when it's time for the scoreboard to go to the farm, it'll be relocated to Thebarton Oval.

Few years back I heard that when it's time for the scoreboard to go to the farm, it'll be relocated to Thebarton Oval.
There have been many suggestions over the years, none of which do justice to its heritage.
For example they don't even play cricket at Thebarton.

Heading over for port v cats game. Looking at GA tickets. Does anyone know how quickly the GA tickets on the ground level in the pocket for port games fill up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading over for port v cats game. Looking at GA tickets. Does anyone know how quickly the GA tickets on the ground level in the pocket for port games fill up?

For Port games the GA doesn’t fill up that quickly as their GA allocation is much bigger than for crows games. But still I’d just pay an extra 10 bucks or whatever it is if I was going coming from interstate.

For Port games the GA doesn’t fill up that quickly as their GA allocation is much bigger than for crows games. But still I’d just pay an extra 10 bucks or whatever it is if I was going coming from interstate.

Agree. Only that my mates that are coming with me are not supporters of either team so don’t care so much. So need to convince them we should just reserve seats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 10 reporting food and drink prices are going up again
SMA's CEO Daniels and Chairman Scarce were back in front of the Parliament Select Committee re the hotel

then would have been asked about revenue streams.

It infuriates me that the SMA ups prices year in, year out.

Here's another article on Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta

So, even with a nearly 50 percent drop in food prices compared to the Georgia Dome set-up, fan spending increased 16 percent since the launch with a 53 percent increase in the volume of sales.

With pricing at a reasonable scale and variety still locked in throughout the venue, fans have started showing up earlier to games, are spending more (they are also spending more in the retail stores) and buy more often. And all along the way, Beadles says, the stadium continues to get feedback from fans as it evolves its offerings, lopping off underperforming items and bringing in fresh offerings.

Pierre Sheppard, a Falcons season ticketholder for 14 years, was digging into a hot dog, Buffalo/blue cheese fries and a soda just before halftime of an Atlanta-Arizona NFL game in December, it cost him $11

"I used to eat outside when the games were at the Georgia Dome, so I didn't have to eat in because of the prices," said Sheppard. "Every NFL team would do well to take a page out of our playbook with these prices.

"Two kids and two adults can eat at a game," he said. "Places like Dallas and the $6 hot dog, no way.

I found another article about how Mercedes-Benz Stadium is going cashless this season with more cuts in prices (see below) but they've gone from sales tax included in price to not included. So it's not $2 down to $1.50, it's $2 down to $1.63
1570165244605.png

Also, how the hell hasn't this come in

Speeds up transactions, reduces lines, with less time lost, more people would decide to buy, increasing sales again.

Seriously, those 2 changes and Im sure their profit will go up.

Cheaper concessions = More people turn up earlier = More spending (either on food or merchandise)
Faster service = smaller lines = more people buying (rather than walking past as the line is too long)

Yeah it's a joke. Just typical Adelaide and Australian ways. It's just flat out dumb really. Get the fans on your side and they spend more. Not hard to work out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back