Prediction Where do we finish in 2019?

Where do we finish in 2019 (End of finals)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I will get ridiculed for saying this - I actually worry we may have peaked for a while, like the doggies in 2016. Our veterans are on the way down, some younger kids probably played out of their skin last year and our depth is s**t.

Let’s see what unfolds

I know I will get ridiculed for saying this - I actually worry we may have peaked for a while, like the doggies in 2016. Our veterans are on the way down, some younger kids probably played out of their skin last year and our depth is s**t.

Let’s see what unfolds

The list itself hasn't peaked, but this edition of it might have. It only takes 1 draft to change it though.

Jetta Hibberd Jones Lewis might have all started their downturn.

Just means we have to nail another draft with some late picks to top up.

The list itself hasn't peaked, but this edition of it might have. It only takes 1 draft to change it though.

Jetta Hibberd Jones Lewis might have all started their downturn.

Just means we have to nail another draft with some late picks to top up.

Yes that's better put: This edition of it has peaked, that sums up my thoughts nicely.

Yes that's better put: This edition of it has peaked, that sums up my thoughts nicely.

Look at Richmond in 2016, finished bottom 6 with essentially the list that took them to the flag the next season.

If this does end up being a down season theres no need to panic as we have the core of a list built, but we need to find our own Rioli/Ryan/Castagna/Butler/Stephenson etc

We also need some more marking defenders

Look at Richmond in 2016, finished bottom 6 with essentially the list that took them to the flag the next season.

If this does end up being a down season theres no need to panic as we have the core of a list built, but we need to find our own Rioli/Ryan/Castagna/Butler/Stephenson etc

We also need some more marking defenders

Or just some marking players full stop - we dont seem to take marks anywhere these days

From an outside perspective I would still be very excited about the Dees and think you will still finish top 4. The thrashing by Geelong is bizarre when you look at the stats the Dees dominated 50% more inside 50's than the Cats. When the pies beat you last year by 50 odd points, I found it equally bizarre as I think there were just a few things you needed to work on to turn it around and knock us off. Getting thumped may be better for the club than a honourable defeat because it will mean the club will work through the weaknesses that need to be tweaked and potentially make you stronger. You remind me of Nth in 1993 who sacked Schimmelbusch after being smashed and went onto finish 3rd. I dont think Goodwin needs to be sacked but I think you will work things out and be better for it. A good time to put money on for a Dees flag as you wont get better odds than this week.

End of season no idea. I think we will be 5/5 by rd 10 and in 10th by percentage. Losses to the tigers, GWS and eagles. Wins over the bombers, Swans, saints, Hawks and gold coast. On form the 5 wins are 50/50 games but I think we can get it done.

Did a first instinct pick on the ladder predictor with the margin set for 20 points for every game. I find when I pick based on instinct it you tend to have the same teams winning most weeks.

~11.png

It has us 8th with 14 wins so not sure how reliable this ladder is. Based it on both 2018 form and current 2019 form along with who I think will be decent teams this year. I think the bottom half of my ladder will be in a different order other than GC and carlton.

End of season no idea. I think we will be 5/5 by rd 10 and in 10th by percentage. Losses to the tigers, GWS and eagles. Wins over the bombers, Swans, saints, Hawks and gold coast. On form the 5 wins are 50/50 games but I think we can get it done.

Did a first instinct pick on the ladder predictor with the margin set for 20 points for every game. I find when I pick based on instinct it you tend to have the same teams winning most weeks.

View attachment 646157

It has us 8th with 14 wins so not sure how reliable this ladder is. Based it on both 2018 form and current 2019 form along with who I think will be decent teams this year. I think the bottom half of my ladder will be in a different order other than GC and carlton.
Brisbane is winning more than 6 more games for the year they'll be banging on the 8. North is winning more than 3 games. Freo will still win most their home games. I'll give it a crack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane is winning more than 6 more games for the year they'll be banging on the 8. North is winning more than 3 games. Freo will still win most their home games. I'll give it a crack
Agreed. There is always upsets too which I didn't factor in, I just went with my first instinct. It took me about three minutes to tip a whole season and any 50/50 games I clicked who I thought would win or is considered the better team.

I hope a few do these and we compare them come seasons end.

Back