Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
Nothing else to get excited about right now eh purple? How about our team’s willingness to crack in and pressure the opposition? How about big bad Brucey? Oh and then there’s the Gresh... You had us 0-2 & we’re 2-0...

The half wit had us winning the wooden spoon.

He’s a hack. The next generation of journos are going past him.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't make a habit of reading Sliding Crap as a general rule, but thought I'd have a look at this week's offering

Screenshot_20190331-195156_Samsung Internet.jpg

Now, whilst i agree to an extent in that i would love to see both Hunter and Coff playing, the comment about us having nothing else to be excited about is typical cheap shot, sniping inaccuracy

Undefeated thru the JLT against teams expected to finish much higher on the ladder than us

Bruce back

Gresh and JB moving into the midfield

A win first up in a round that threw up some upsets

Max joining in full training this week

The move back to Moorabbin

New improved coaching and administration

All this plus more to be excited by - and that was even before we beat the druggies.

I can imagine this week--

IF - the saints keep missing shots

THEN - they might lose a game and i can have a smug "i told you so" drive by on the club

Kent

theprospect

Club Legend
Saints Pledge Contributor
Sep 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jade Gresham may be St Kilda's most important player.

He certainly was on Saturday against Essendon. Jack Billings and Josh Bruce also crucial.
Gresham is tracking beautifully in a career entering its fourth season and is ready to break Jack Steven's and Seb Ross' recent hold on the Saints' best-and-fairest award.

St Kilda deserves sizeable praise for its 2-0 start to 2019, particularly for the way Gresham, Billings and Ross steadied the team when the Bombers challenged.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jade Gresham may be St Kilda's most important player.

He certainly was on Saturday against Essendon. Jack Billings and Josh Bruce also crucial.
Gresham is tracking beautifully in a career entering its fourth season and is ready to break Jack Steven's and Seb Ross' recent hold on the Saints' best-and-fairest award.

St Kilda deserves sizeable praise for its 2-0 start to 2019, particularly for the way Gresham, Billings and Ross steadied the team when the Bombers challenged.
After these comments from Purple, we may need to trade Gresham.

StJHD

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
IF you consider your profession and therefore your livelihood is based around being able to communicate

THEN learn how to structure a sentence. What a disgraceful butcherinf of the language in his last article, starting sentences with 'Reckon' and forgetting that sentences should have a subject. No football knowledge, no contacts, and npw can't even speak properly. Sad campaigner.

I don't make a habit of reading Sliding Crap as a general rule, but thought I'd have a look at this week's offering

View attachment 645697

Now, whilst i agree to an extent in that i would love to see both Hunter and Coff playing, the comment about us having nothing else to be excited about is typical cheap shot, sniping inaccuracy

Undefeated thru the JLT against teams expected to finish much higher on the ladder than us

Bruce back

Gresh and JB moving into the midfield

A win first up in a round that threw up some upsets

Max joining in full training this week

The move back to Moorabbin

New improved coaching and administration

All this plus more to be excited by - and that was even before we beat the druggies.

I can imagine this week--

IF - the saints keep missing shots

THEN - they might lose a game and i can have a smug "i told you so" drive by on the club

Kent

Hunter come over here mate. I'm sorry we aren't going to play you this week. I know you're disappointed but there's a really good reason. We need to stick it up purple. Yeah good on you mate, i knew you'd understand.

Last edited:

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hunter come over hear mate. I'm sorry we aren't going to play you this week. I know you're disappointed but there's a really good reason. We need to stick it up purple. Yeah good on you mate, i knew you'd understand.
WTF! Hunters deaf?
No wonder he's not getting a game.

Greg1853

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
It gets explained over and over again, and some people just fail to take it in.

THE CLUB HAS TO SPEND A MINIMUM ON PLAYER SALARIES EVERY YEAR. If they don't spend it on Hannebery they will need to spend it on someone else.
I'll bet David Armitage is on s**t loads.

I think most people who you are calling out on this think along the lines I think. That is, we know a minimum amount needs to be spent, but we believe that additional contracts can be front loaded for existing players to reach the minimum, and then we expect that we have even greater cap space in future years, which we hope will help us more than overpaying a new player now.

I am not including Hanner's in this conversation. I am just stating as a general principle.

I may be wrong with regard to whether the above can be achieved, for example, maybe the AFL don't allow us to create additional cap space that way, but regardless, I, and likely others, understand that there is a minimum spend.

Munster for Dally M
Yeah even as a kid Munster has been a pretty special player.
But he was a little bit of a dickhead and immature at times. Seems to have really taken on the added responsibility of being a leader now and has gone up another step again.
Suli and Addo Carr may be the excitement but Munster is gonna be the backbone of the Storm going forward.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
I think most people who you are calling out on this think along the lines I think. That is, we know a minimum amount needs to be spent, but we believe that additional contracts can be front loaded for existing players to reach the minimum, and then we expect that we have even greater cap space in future years, which we hope will help us more than overpaying a new player now.

I am not including Hanner's in this conversation. I am just stating as a general principle.

I may be wrong with regard to whether the above can be achieved, for example, maybe the AFL don't allow us to create additional cap space that way, but regardless, I, and likely others, understand that there is a minimum spend.
Can only bank the % over the cap for a number of years, we got to the 105% so had to use the full 100% for this year. Still can use 105% for next year.

Back