GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
Hulkenberg did nothing wrong . Ricciardos tyres were bad through no fault of Ricciardo . The strategy was pathetic .
His tyres were bad? they were pretty fresh mediums (around 10 laps). Can't blame the tyre - that was 100% on 'the last of the late brakers' Ricciardo.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
As I was saying.
Are you going to moan for another 2 years?

He's lined up his contract to fall in line with the contract of other big drivers and the change to new regs for 2021. Regardless of his results, he's best to keep developing himself and make sure he's a better driver at the end of his current contract than he was at the start, which can happen

Ideally he'd have been in the Ferrari this year. But Leclerc is a Ferrari junior development driver, even though Riccardo is better anyway. If Ferrari hired Ricciardo, then when were they ever going to hire their own development driver? Not for 5+ years. What would be the point of having a driver development program then?

We all have seen that it's not just there's a seemingly certain bias towards Verstappen at RB, but it doesn't even appear Ricciardo is going to get a clean shot at driving his own race. He can drive his own race at Renault. If Hulkenberg knocks him off, then it's going to mean nothing for the next race and next season.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gutted for Leclerc, but he will have many more chances at a win.

Weird spin by Vettel.

Despite it being in the lap 20s again that Lewis was complaining about tyres, he is the beneficiary again. He doesn't seem to get a lot of bad luck, but I guess you make your own, or maybe he really is #blessed

Great drive by Norris and good racing between he & Kimi.

Renault dropped the ball more than Ferrari this race - a one-stopper was a horrific call, and despite it ending up to be irrelevant, they should have seen the writing on the wall with Dan's pace and changed it up.

In a strong grid with not a lot of weak links like past seasons; Giovinazzi has been one of my less impressive drivers in the first two races, and while we all know that Ericsson isn't a world-beater, but would have Alfa been better off served having Kimi plus a driver that was improving and was fully integrated in the team? It may be the difference between a place in the Constructor's. I'm sure GIO will get up to speed soon.

Back