Autopsy Round 2 vs Fremantle @ Metricon: March 31st 2019 Sunday 4:40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

10,000 Suns fans yesterday and we all loved what we saw.
Last year we had a couple of early wins based on frenzy pressure
Yesterday and last week was a more controlled sustainable pressure game plan which is why I'm way more positive

Plus not having a team that will just roll over when the chips are down helps

congrats
too good this time.
I especially appreciate Lachie Weller playing well.
All the best for the rest of the season, except against us, of course

I'm not sure of the past, but I've watched that team song many times; and Jack Martin looked happy. Not to mention that photo on his insta. Maybe he now as a new view and perspective. If he resigns. That would be pretty huge. If he does, I don't see anyone wanting to leave. Only for more opportunity.

10,000 Suns fans yesterday and we all loved what we saw.
Last year we had a couple of early wins based on frenzy pressure
Yesterday and last week was a more controlled sustainable pressure game plan which is why I'm way more positive
10000 was that the offical crowd number? Looked a 10th if that on TV

The TV Cameras are on the most comfortable side of the field. They are pointed towards the horrible sunny side of the field.

When you watch Titans games too the same thing occurs.

The worst thing about that sunny side too is that it’s an expensive area to sit on level 1 so that’s why it’s mostly empty and a lot stand at the back and can’t really see it on tv

If you could have guaranteed us a side in 2019 that would compete all day, that would be running hard at the end of the fourth quarter and were to play as a team most of us would have gladly taken that given the outs we had and the mix of mature players and kids coming in...……….that's what we have now though
We are a different team at last and some real guts and passion to play for each other
* last night was enjoyable, I happened to be with Bowesy's Dad at the ground and he was going off his head, I can see where Jack gets his backbone to stand up for the club and be happy to be an underdog
The other take away I got was Jack Martins body language and emotions aren't telling me he isn't staying I reckon we have a real shot at keeping him, someone in the coaching staff got him switched on yesterday
I am sure not every game will be as great as that for us but if we keep cracking in for 100 minutes we are going to beat some very good sides this year

If you could have guaranteed us a side in 2019 that would compete all day, that would be running hard at the end of the fourth quarter and were to play as a team most of us would have gladly taken that given the outs we had and the mix of mature players and kids coming in...……….that's what we have now though
We are a different team at last and some real guts and passion to play for each other
**** last night was enjoyable, I happened to be with Bowesy's Dad at the ground and he was going off his head, I can see where Jack gets his backbone to stand up for the club and be happy to be an underdog
The other take away I got was Jack Martins body language and emotions aren't telling me he isn't staying I reckon we have a real shot at keeping him, someone in the coaching staff got him switched on yesterday
I am sure not every game will be as great as that for us but if we keep cracking in for 100 minutes we are going to beat some very good sides this year
and a like for you!

Jack Martin showed heaps of passion and fight last night more then he’s showed in the past.

I thought he had checked out and would walk out the door at the end of the year it wasn’t looking good.

But after last night I’m starting to think he might of changed his mind
View attachment 646164
1st instagram post all year where he had something footy related and not about what he was having for dinner or where he went on the weekend.

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outstanding result.

Swallow is playing out of his skin. I mentioned last week I had never seen him as influential on the field. That was backed up last night.

I've never seen our midfield dominate another team as a collective like that ever. Ablett always has, sure. But no-one has gone with him. This time we had several guys all thrashing their direct opposition. Awesome to see.

Outstanding result.

Swallow is playing out of his skin. I mentioned last week I had never seen him as influential on the field. That was backed up last night.

I've never seen our midfield dominate another team as a collective like that ever. Ablett always has, sure. But no-one has gone with him. This time we had several guys all thrashing their direct opposition. Awesome to see.
I think May and Lynch going has done something to these boys. Everyone at the Club is saying the connection between the players has gone through the roof since they walked.
Connection is a very powerful motivation in a team sport.

I think May and Lynch going has done something to these boys. Everyone at the Club is saying the connection between the players has gone through the roof since they walked.
Connection is a very powerful motivation in a team sport.
I much prefer a champion team over a team of champions
Back in the dark ages of the 1980's was my favourite time supporting North- we didnt win much but with JK Snr coaching and the Krakouer brothers , Schimma,Matty Larkin et al I just loved turning up and watching them play because they never gave up,never gave in
I'm starting to think the gangrene in our Club has been surgically debrided and the healing is starting

To me Swallow just looks more mature
As a youngster he just bashed and crashed and willed the ball forward.
He does things with a calmness like he now knows the right move.
Maybe things having changed now he's a father? He seems to be doing a lot more media work. Maybe he's more the face of the club and Witts is more behind the scenes.

Too many positive posts on this thread.

Alternate universe?

Or just a reflection of finally getting most things right off the field, and finally getting captains and a playing group willing to take ownership of their own performance?

On the fence about this.

What odds are Sportsbet giving the alternate universe theory?

With Swallow as well lets not forget how long he was out for with all those knee injuries. Last year was really his first proper pre-season in a few years and to get a full season and then back up with another pre-season he looks to me like he's just not carrying any injuries anymore and is finally playing with the confidence he had back in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back