Coach John Longmire - Part II

What should we do about the coaching situation?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The processes we've used, in which we hire from within a lot, seems to be going a little anyway. It seemed to be a function of the really established and experienced guys in control over the last 20 years (Ireland, Colless, Roos) setting up a culture from within. But that might only last for as long as those guys were around and in power. Now they've all left and been replaced by Harley, Pridham, Longmire who might not hold quite the same values. Maybe, if indeed Longmire is not long for the position, we'll see an external hire.

You are really trying to get everyone sad aren’t you.

Just being realistic

a club with 5 premierships isnt going to discard a coach who delivered one of those rare flags like he is a dirty snot rag

Just being realistic

a club with 5 premierships isnt going to discard a coach who delivered one of those rare flags like he is a dirty snot rag

On the positive I guess Carlton beating us might....

At least it’s Doncaster Day so I’ll be drunk!

On the positive I guess Carlton beating us might....

At least it’s Doncaster Day so I’ll be drunk!

We need a separate thread where you can let us all know drinking and punting you have coming up

We need a separate thread where you can let us all know drinking and punting you have coming up

Haven’t really done too much this year, actually been fairly timid with my scotch and vodka!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The processes we've used, in which we hire from within a lot, seems to be going a little anyway. It seemed to be a function of the really established and experienced guys in control over the last 20 years (Ireland, Colless, Roos) setting up a culture from within. But that might only last for as long as those guys were around and in power. Now they've all left and been replaced by Harley, Pridham, Longmire who might not hold quite the same values. Maybe, if indeed Longmire is not long for the position, we'll see an external hire.

Best people are usually the ones you've already got.
They've already been through your hiring process and they've already shown what they can do in your organisation.
If we're looking for someone with Kirky's skill set ( as an example) then we would be crazy to overlook him and find someone from somewhere else with his skill set.

Does she support Essendon or Swans?

Supports Russia in football. Only has a passing interest in AFL, she goes out while I watch the footy. I mind the baby. Works for both of us.

Supports Russia in football. Only has a passing interest in AFL, she goes out while I watch the footy. I mind the baby. Works for both of us.

would she like to coach the swans?

Won't force her regardless. If she follows sport she can, if not, I'm not fussy

No harm in putting a Swans jersey on her.
Would probably be child abuse to put a Bombers jersey on her though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back