List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't NN do an interview saying he'd absolutely take a pay cut next contract and just put the contract in front of him and he'll sign?

His last contract was his career contract. Unfortunately for all parties he signed a 5 year deal for 2015-2019 and played 15 games in 2016, none in 2017, 15 in 2018 and so far none in 2019.

If he was to exercise free agency rights he wouldn't get $800k again. So while he's a good bloke for accepting that his next contract won't be as lucrative he is also just accepting reality. If he signs on for $3-400k then that's market value.

So latest musings from Geelong fans, asking price for Kelly

1) 2 first round draft picks
2) Brander or Allen and a top 20 pick

Friggin delusional
Hope he goes to the draft and we use our first rounder.

Which reminds me that live pick trading means that Dockers could re position before us so we may not be able to simply use our first pick

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Friggin delusional
Was lurking there last week, it was two picks between 3-8. An ex mod replied and said he is out of contract so he will be cheaper but the two picks in the top 10 was close.

Gaff pretty much confirming his is staying at WC for life in his presser.
Couldn't help but laugh

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Friggin delusional

Brander and a top 20 seems about right from their perspective.

They are looking at Kelly just about outshining their entire midfield.
While to them Brander is almost a nobody.

And pick 18 isn't worth much.

It's worth Oscar Allen, Liam Ryan and Jack Petrucelle and a 2018 2nd round pick in fact.

Good to see our forgotten man, Archie gets a mention, by Gaff no less!
When will they unleash him on the unsuspecting football world? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's worth Oscar Allen, Liam Ryan and Jack Petrucelle and a 2018 2nd round pick in fact.
2000 Daniel Kerr
2007 Alex Rance
2008 Luke Shuey
2012 Brodie Grundy
2014 Isaac Heeney*
2015 Jade Gresham
2016 Sam Powell-Pepper
2018 Xavier Duursma

Worthless.

Yes selective picking shows it COULD be good, gotta nail the pick.

But I'm more talking about the perception of each supporter base and think that trade is fair from their perspective.

Their supporters would rate Kelly at around the level we rate Sheed currently.

So if the boot was on the other foot and say Melbourne offered a trade for Sheed for a top 20 pick and Weiderman we'd laugh them out of the room, even if he was uncontracted.

It's a pretty silly perspective.

You take the highest rating of your own player, then the lowest rating of one from another team, then ignore practicalities of trade week and that's the result you get. Accumulation of error. If you went 100% the other extreme you could justify that Brander is in fact worth more than Kelly.

Yes selective picking shows it COULD be good, gotta nail the pick.

But I'm more talking about the perception of each supporter base and think that trade is fair from their perspective.

Their supporters would rate Kelly at around the level we rate Sheed currently.

So if the boot was on the other foot and say Melbourne offered a trade for Sheed for a top 20 pick and Weiderman we'd laugh them out of the room, even if he was uncontracted.

I think you'll find their supporters rate Kelly significantly higher than Sheed. And while he is Grand Final hero Dom Sheed to anyone who asks, I think most on this board would agree that Yeo, Gaff And Shuey are ahead of him in the pecking order. Sheed and Redden are fighting it out to be Ringo. If Sheed requested a trade I highly doubt we would do better than a mid to late teens draft pick out of it.

I don't know a lot about Weideman other than he was pick 9 and hasn't played many games in 3 years. Even though he is 22 this year I don't think Melbourne would put him up for trade. When young players in their first seasons are contracted for years beyond their initial two year contract it shows that they are highly valued by their clubs. As a fan it's perfectly understandable to not rate Brander, even if you go for WC. Has played two games at AFL level and not shown a lot yet. But the fact that he was pick 13 and signed up for 4 years gives a pretty clear indication that the club value him highly.

It's a pretty silly perspective.

You take the highest rating of your own player, then the lowest rating of one from another team, then ignore practicalities of trade week and that's the result you get. Accumulation of error. If you went 100% the other extreme you could justify that Brander is in fact worth more than Kelly.

I think you'll find their supporters rate Kelly significantly higher than Sheed. And while he is Grand Final hero Dom Sheed to anyone who asks, I think most on this board would agree that Yeo, Gaff And Shuey are ahead of him in the pecking order. Sheed and Redden are fighting it out to be Ringo. If Sheed requested a trade I highly doubt we would do better than a mid to late teens draft pick out of it.

I don't know a lot about Weideman other than he was pick 9 and hasn't played many games in 3 years. Even though he is 22 this year I don't think Melbourne would put him up for trade. When young players in their first seasons are contracted for years beyond their initial two year contract it shows that they are highly valued by their clubs. As a fan it's perfectly understandable to not rate Brander, even if you go for WC. Has played two games at AFL level and not shown a lot yet. But the fact that he was pick 13 and signed up for 4 years gives a pretty clear indication that the club value him highly.
Yes, I'm just saying that if the 'general consensus' of the Geelong board is Top 20 pick + Brander, I can understand where they're coming from and don't find it that laughable or ludicrous given the way every teams supporters over-values their own and under-values the opposition.

I really rate Brander, i used Wiederman as an example of a top 10 KPF who is probably really valued internally, but not so much by outsiders, as I'd assume Brander is.

Anyway, i wouldn't do that trade to get Kelly, but i don't think it's the worst offer either.

Why would we even entertain the idea of trading Brander, we spent a 1st round draft pick on him in a draft where we needed midfielders, plus he also grew up supporting us. We took both Brander and Allen before Kelly for a reason, if we let either one go it could be a reverse JK moment for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back