2018 Grand Finalists - West Coast vs Collingwood ##Optus Stadium Friday 12th July## Round 17, 2019 ( Edited page 15 current discussion )

Who wins the rematch of the 2018 Grand Final between the Black and White Army and the Eagles

• Collingwood - They'll be too hungry with an added chip on their shoulder - Blowout Victory

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • West Coast - Dom Sheed will have a blinder and break their hearts at the death again

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • Pies in a close one

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Eagles to roll at the G winning comprehensively

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I certainly rate Howe very higly reads the play and did a number on Jack Darling in the GF (except for 1 quarter) I think Howe goes to Darling, Roughead to JK and Maynard to Allan. Should be a great contest
Doesnt maynard play on willie rioli

Especially in the dying minutes of a fourth quarter?

I'm leaning towards Pies just, I reckon they will jump them and this time hold on. Theres also the mentality of revenge after dealing with the loss all summer.
Yeah that held Richmond in good stead.

Talk of revenge in Rd 3 is silly.

Do you reckon Geelong got revenge on Hawthorn for pinching the 2008 GF because they beat them in Rd the next year? Of course not. I think they won 10 or 11 in a row until they lost the 2013 prelim by a kick. But none of that makes up for kicking 6.12 and 11.23.

The only GF revenge (that's Grand Final, don't go Googling) you see is when teams meet again in Grand Finals. See Haw/Syd 2012/14 WC/Syd 2005/6. Sorry Sydney, maybe you'll get a Bulldogs rematch.

Collingwood will want to beat us primarily to set their season up from 2-1 and not 1-2 and also to prove to themselves that they can. Two very tight finals last year and we got over the line in both, so they'll have a small monkey on the back. Which will probably be removed by Jordan De Goey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly rate Howe very higly reads the play and did a number on Jack Darling in the GF (except for 1 quarter) I think Howe goes to Darling, Roughead to JK and Maynard to Allan. Should be a great contest

I think Darcy Moore goes to Darling and Howe will take a less dangerous forward who he can zone off from.
Can then help where needed.

West Coast style and new stadium + training oval means we are a different team on the MCG.

We can, and should win it, don't worry about the odds or anything this is a very even game and should be a close one.
Interested in the tactical battle.
West Coast are more than the players on the page, play great team football and when their gameplan gets going they can beat anyone.

Not a game that defines a season, but certainly something to hang your hat on for whomever wins.

We lost to Brisbane 9 days ago.
It's Round 1, does anything ever go right in round 1?

Wish i possessed the confidence you have in our lads playing over the other side of the country at a venue we have an appalling record at.
It feels strange to me trying to convince others that my team is worse :p

Last edited:
Was over there in September - great, great game.
Will be there Saturday night, if it rains we are stuffed. Not sure we wont be stuffed anyway, Pies on-ballers looked awesome (and plentiful) R2.
Have at it boys, let the game be as good as the last couple.

Grand Final rematch record since 2009 (1st rematch only, reigning premier in bold)

Hawthorn defeated by Geelong
Geelong defeated by St Kilda
Collingwood defeat St Kilda
Geelong defeated by Collingwood
Sydney defeated by Hawthorn
Hawthorn defeat Fremantle
Hawthorn defeated by Sydney
Hawthorn defeat West Coast
Bulldogs defeat Sydney
Richmond defeated by Adelaide

The reigning premier has only won 4 of the last 10 (initial) rematches. Interesting

Last edited:
Back