Player Watch #42: Ryan Garthwaite

Remove this Banner Ad

What is this Love for Markov. The guy has done nothing. He's a very ordinary player. Nothing suggest he'll be able to do the role.
Not love for Markov. Just need to have depth players ready to go in case of emergency in September. Balta was going to be the next Alex Rance from all accounts but he is playing elsewhere. Kmac isn't bad at pure defending. But can run too if req'd. I'd be more comfortable with him there and Markov on the wing. Has height, pace and a good kick. And Markov rotates through the backline during the game.

Kmac is athletic but down back he makes me nervous particularly when he’s deep. I don’t think he’s particularly clean below the knees and tends to throw the ball onto the boot to often
Any option for Rance replacement is NQR. Balta: untried, too tall and settling in elsewhere; Garth: too soon after injury; Markov: some OK form in JLT but a long time out of the senior side; Ellis: can play, a coach fave; but being groomed as a midfielder; Kmac: lose his value on the wing; Stack: too soon. Kmac wins because we can easily replace him on the wing with a running machine. Markov /Ellis or a different type of player in Ross. The problem with Ross is all those small inside mids had good games vs Carlton.

Any option for Rance replacement is NQR. Balta: untried, too tall and settling in elsewhere; Garth: too soon after injury; Markov: some OK form in JLT but a long time out of the senior side; Ellis: can play, a coach fave; but being groomed as a midfielder; Kmac: lose his value on the wing; Stack: too soon. Kmac wins because we can easily replace him on the wing with a running machine. Markov /Ellis or a different type of player in Ross. The problem with Ross is all those small inside mids had good games vs Carlton.
Given that Markov didn't play VFL last weekend might indicate that he is next in line. Maybe they didn't want him coming off a 6 day break (which is a bit odd), or he is injured.

Given that Markov didn't play VFL last weekend might indicate that he is next in line. Maybe they didn't want him coming off a 6 day break (which is a bit odd), or he is injured.

Emergency’s tend to get rested for vfl games just in case they are called up for the afl especially since the vfl game was right before the afl

So definitely indicates he might be in with a chance

I can still sense the anger in your posts , Settle down dude have some sex it works

or a Kebab
it’s Friday and I abstain from both of those.:think: I’m not so pissed off bc I expected the result , but more in disbelief that we went into the game with that team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back