Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't thik Siddle will be named in the squad. If fit Pattinson and Richardson have jumped ahead of him

Remember the series is in England where Siddle has a fantastic record. I think they will pick Siddle.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Remember the series is in England where Siddle has a fantastic record. I think they will pick Siddle.
If it is a choice between Patto and Siddle, patto will go. He has been sensational with the dukes in Australia and is sensational over in England, has the extra pace, extra batting ability and extra aggression.

If it is between Rihardson and Siddle, then l still think Richardson will be ahead of Siddle. While Siddle was pretty good for that 1 test, it was 4 years ago. Richardson has shown to be arguably the best up and coming young quick in the world atm (i.e younger than Cumins, Rabada etc.). He looks really suited for English conditions and the experiene will be invaluable.

If it is a choice between Patto and Siddle, patto will go. He has been sensational with the dukes in Australia and is sensational over in England, has the extra pace, extra batting ability and extra aggression.

If it is between Rihardson and Siddle, then l still think Richardson will be ahead of Siddle. While Siddle was pretty good for that 1 test, it was 4 years ago. Richardson has shown to be arguably the best up and coming young quick in the world atm (i.e younger than Cumins, Rabada etc.). He looks really suited for English conditions and the experiene will be invaluable.

So long as Pattinson doesn't break down. He'll go to the A tour and then they will re-evauluate everything. Right now he's in my squad but with a big question mark over him.

The experience might be great for Richardson but if he's not playing they might go Siddle. Personally I'd leave Starc out and pick both of them anyway. The fitness of Halewood and Starc are big question marks.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd go Pucovski. A ton and 3 fifties post Xmas.
I know it’s been a while since we had a bright young hope, but we need to stop trying to force the Pucovski issue. When he was selected for the SL series and concerns were raised given he had only recently been forced to take a break from the game, people were quick to say if he and his inner circle believed he was fine, who were we to question it. Well, he didn’t last a week in Queensland, so he and his people were wrong.

So I wouldn’t be taking him to England for two months. His time will come, let him grow up and adjust to cricket life before putting him back in the spotlight.

I know it’s been a while since we had a bright young hope, but we need to stop trying to force the Pucovski issue. When he was selected for the SL series and concerns were raised given he had only recently been forced to take a break from the game, people were quick to say if he and his inner circle believed he was fine, who were we to question it. Well, he didn’t last a week in Queensland, so he and his people were wrong.

So I wouldn’t be taking him to England for two months. His time will come, let him grow up and adjust to cricket life before putting him back in the spotlight.
I'd at least give him the A tour.

Man, I dont know why Richardson is all of a sudden scraping into people squads. Did nothing wrong with the ODI team and was very good against SL. Has an action and method tailored to English conditions.

He's a lock for the squad.

Also, if you are taking Pattinson (which I agree you should), I'd be taking another quick in the decent chance he breaks down

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Discussion over the 7 middle order spots would be interesting. I'd say Khawaja, Paine and Smith are locked in. Which leaves 4 spots between:

Head, Patterson, Wade, Pucovski, Carey, Labuschagne, Stoinis, Maxwell.

Obviously one will be between Carey and Wade for the reserve keeper. Head probably gets in due to weight of runs in the Australian summer. Labuschagne's return to the Shield did himself no favours. For me you select the first three and then one of Puck, Stoin and Maxy

Why do so many people have bloody Stoinis in their squads? Bloody average. Hasnt scored a FC ton in 3 years and his bowling is garbage. We dont need an bits and pieces all rounder in England, their test batting lineup is ordinary and our bowlers wont struggle to bowl the out cheaply on most occasions. Most of out batsmen will struggle over there so we will need to play the best batting options, not a Stoinis type.

Why do so many people have bloody Stoinis in their squads? Bloody average. Hasnt scored a FC ton in 3 years and his bowling is garbage. We dont need an bits and pieces all rounder in England, their test batting lineup is ordinary and our bowlers wont struggle to bowl the out cheaply on most occasions. Most of out batsmen will struggle over there so we will need to play the best batting options, not a Stoinis type.

This. I wish we get it through our heads that we don't have a test quality A/R. Stoinis would make Mitch Marsh look like Garry Sobers!

That's what I think will happen, not necessarily what I want to happen.

archibald

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Man, I dont know why Richardson is all of a sudden scraping into people squads. Did nothing wrong with the ODI team and was very good against SL. Has an action and method tailored to English conditions.

Also, if you are taking Pattinson (which I agree you should), I'd be taking another quick in the decent chance he breaks down

Richardson is the second quick picked as far as im concerned, fitness permitting.

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

If Siddle is not in the squad and a bowler breaks down you can still re call him in at any stage if required as he will be playing county cricket there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back