Opinion Who is our better midfielder. Jaeger or Dion?

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Well found by TheJaegerBomb (who cant post atm)

But judging by this, Jaeger O'meara is a spud and must be delisted NOW!

GOLD COAST

HOT: David Swallow: Was all the rage during the pre-season and he’s living up to expectation. Not only is he being used as a setup man out of defence, his ability to drift forward and kick goals makes him a valuable commodity.

NOT: Jaeger O’Meara: We’re not quite in second-year blues territory, but O’Meara is simply not imposing himself as much as he did last year. The Rising Star is ranked fifth in Suns’ disposals behind Gary Ablett, Dion Prestia, David Swallow and Michael Rischitelli.

shaqsuns

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers

GOLD COAST

HOT: David Swallow: Was all the rage during the pre-season and he’s living up to expectation. Not only is he being used as a setup man out of defence, his ability to drift forward and kick goals makes him a valuable commodity.

NOT: Jaeger O’Meara: We’re not quite in second-year blues territory, but O’Meara is simply not imposing himself as much as he did last year. The Rising Star is ranked fifth in Suns’ disposals behind Gary Ablett, Dion Prestia, David Swallow and Michael Rischitelli.
they can say what they like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skav

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think the best comparison i can make is with Geelongs mids: (Obviously both aren't as good yet, but both have the potential)

Dion is the JSelwood type, Racks up the possessions, Clearances, Decent Defensive player, Great Leadership.

Jaeger is the Stevie J type, Still gets the possessions, clearances and tackles incredibly well. But his biggest asset is the Gamebreaking freakish plays (Already seen a few this year).

I think Jaeger might average 5 disposals less then Dion but the ones he gets does and will hurt teams a lot more which is why I think he will be the better player.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
From an outsider looking in, and a person who rates Prestia highly, I still say O'Meara hands down. Scary looking midfield on the horizon, can't help but think how Swallow, Prestia, Kjnadjkfndkjasnf, Bennell, Martin will all fit in the cap, but if they do, boy that's a midfield. This isn't even including the likes of May, Day, Hardbrow, Hall, Dixon, Mckenzie, Thompson who are all going to be after more money within the next couple of years. Very exciting team to watch and will continue to be for the next few years.

Dec 28, 2011
Denver
AFL Club
Gold Coast

GOLD COAST

With great efficiency, too.

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
Harbrow is so under rated. He does some great things every game. Tackles really well and puts grunt into it. He is a courageous player, rarely makes a mistake, is reliable, quick, and loves a battle. Watch him for a change. He does some good work.

UP AND RUNNING

Senior List
May 25, 2010
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
O'Meara by a mile. Dion's disposals are shocking and whilst he gets a lot of the ball gives it away. His awareness is no where as good as O'Meara or Swallow he does not look for the best option just kicks it anywhere. Whilst he is a good player I personally find him a very selfish player.
I am loving Swallow's games this year.....

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
By hand, Dion is one of our best in congestion. Amazing short and sharp handballs that go beneath the contest. I don't think his kicking is AS bad as some are describing. It's just that he gets the ball so much, so a fair deal of his disposals by foot are noticeable. And thus very noticeable when they are botched.

He can turn the ball over like few others can mind you. This becomes evident when he gets some space and tries to pull off a fair few kicks. But he's also nailed enough kicks for us to know that he's thinking the right option. Just couldn't pull it off.

If he ever wants to become an elite of the competition, he will have to ensure that most of his kicks are at least getting into the area of his target though. And not missing by 8-10 meters.

UP AND RUNNING

Senior List
May 25, 2010
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
IMO Dion is not accountable for his opposition a lot of the time so it is very easy to get so much of the ball when always running forward of it unlike Swallow and O'Meara. Don't get me wrong I think he is a good player but certainly do not understand the hype around him when we have these other mids that can play both defensive and offensive games.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Dion is a Greg Williams for me, Jaeger is a Chris Judd. Both will be amazing players in their own right and have their own unique attributes.

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Harbrow is so under rated. He does some great things every game. Tackles really well and puts grunt into it. He is a courageous player, rarely makes a mistake, is reliable, quick, and loves a battle. Watch him for a change. He does some good work.

Harbs is gr8, no argument but that was not the question.. o_O

Demonated

All Australian
Aug 16, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Haha I was the Melbourne supporter in question. Interesting to see the views of the GC board. Ill concede that JOM is more damaging but still feel Dion is more consistent (at this point in time- no potential included). I realise that Jaeger will almost certainly end up a slightly better/much better player. I also don't think Dion's foots kills are as bad as some in this thread believe but I might be biased, love the bloke.

Either way, you must feel privileged to be arguing which of your young midfielders is more of a gun, at Melbourne we argue which is out most disappointing 1st round draft pick ahah. Loving what is going on at the Suns right now and I'll be making some money from the team this year, a mate of mine thought they would finish bottom 4, bet he is regretting that now.

Average Fantasy over the last two weeks - source AFL app

Cockface - 114
Fiorini - 98
Swallow - 95 (on one leg)
Powell - 88
Prestia - 75

Back