Autopsy Hawks fall in a heap against the Dogs - Rd 2, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we ban all Doggies supporters from this thread?
Agree. Don't understand why they are here two days later still arguing about it it when they have pocketed the four points and that the industry is in an outrage over ALL the decisions across the weekend (Lycett as an example).

Agree. Don't understand why they are here two days later still arguing about it it when they have pocketed the four points and that the industry is in an outrage over ALL the decisions across the weekend (Lycett as an example).
They seem to care way too much what hawks fans think

Can we ban all Doggies supporters from this thread?
I’m certainly contemplating it.

Forget about the frees against Sic and O’meara as s**t as they were, it was the complete lack of free kicks prior to that which drove me insane.

I don’t go for conspiracy theories, but * me, one side got free kicks as soon as one of our defenders looked at his opponent while our guys were scrappped and impeded without penalty.

I’m certainly contemplating it.

Forget about the frees against Sic and O’meara as s**t as they were, it was the complete lack of free kicks prior to that which drove me insane.

I don’t go for conspiracy theories, but **** me, one side got free kicks as soon as one of our defenders looked at his opponent while our guys were scrappped and impeded without penalty.

Exactly right on the last point. On the second watch through there were an annoyingly large amount on non-calls which is what makes the result really unbearable.

On top of that - Sicily getting grabbed and jostled before reacting was ignored, Gowers pushing Impey in the chest before he retaliated (and then they both got each other), centre bounce free kick completely outside of the spirit of the game, play on/no play on for Scully.

So, yesterday I was feeling really crummy about the loss. Just awful. Then yesterday evening my university basketball team beat Duke to get into the final four and I didn't feel quite as bad. Does this make me a bad person?

Regarding the club asking for a please explain from the AFL. We know the AFL are as transparent as pigs in mud so only ever respond with either "umpires made a mistake" or "umpires got it right" move on blah blah blah. One obvious question that needs to be explained, in writing, by the AFL and the umpiring department is why the umpires suddenly decided to pull the trigger and make these very big and very obvious one way decisions in the last quarter because to humble paying members they made no sense whatsoever. What was the umpires thinking, their motivation, maybe instructions and from who. Is AFL integrity department looking at these matters. I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory but we, as paying customers, must not accept that these things just happen and lets move on. We know there is more than just a little corruption in sport with the AFL immersed in gambling. It is not just happening in horse racing. The AFL response in writing needs to be published for club members. I am not alone when I say I am sick of being taken for granted by an organisation that has serious cultural problems (the AFL). A boys club that lacks any transparency or accountability to the paying public. We cannot accept the BS line of protecting umpires. They need to explain themselves. In the open.

Exactly right on the last point. On the second watch through there were an annoyingly large amount on non-calls which is what makes the result really unbearable.

On top of that - Sicily getting grabbed and jostled before reacting was ignored, Gowers pushing Impey in the chest before he retaliated (and then they both got each other), centre bounce free kick completely outside of the spirit of the game, play on/no play on for Scully.

Timeline:
After Gowers’ push on Impey, a free kick was rightly given against Impey for his chest jab. Gowers’ return jab should have had the free kick reversed. But Impey then hits Gowers back... so it is reversed again. The right call was made as Impey was the last to hit with a clenched fist.

Both were fined showing both were in the wrong.

The O’Meara free kick was an abysmal decision, and even IF Sicerly’s fist was clench (we could not see it from the behind the goal view) his arm hit Schache chest and not the fist meaning the decision was wrong.

Aside: for mine, Henderson was the Hawks BOG. Best game I have seen him play.

Last edited:
So, yesterday I was feeling really crummy about the loss. Just awful. Then yesterday evening my university basketball team beat Duke to get into the final four and I didn't feel quite as bad. Does this make me a bad person?

Basketball? Isn't that the game where all the action seems to happen with all players at one end, where most contact is penalised and players can throw the ball with impunity.
I think I saw that game on the weekend.

Regarding the club asking for a please explain from the AFL. We know the AFL are as transparent as pigs in mud so only ever respond with either "umpires made a mistake" or "umpires got it right" move on blah blah blah. One obvious question that needs to be explained, in writing, by the AFL and the umpiring department is why the umpires suddenly decided to pull the trigger and make these very big and very obvious one way decisions in the last quarter because to humble paying members they made no sense whatsoever. What was the umpires thinking, their motivation, maybe instructions and from who. Is AFL integrity department looking at these matters. I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory but we, as paying customers, must not accept that these things just happen and lets move on. We know there is more than just a little corruption in sport with the AFL immersed in gambling. It is not just happening in horse racing. The AFL response in writing needs to be published for club members. I am not alone when I say I am sick of being taken for granted by an organisation that has serious cultural problems (the AFL). A boys club that lacks any transparency or accountability to the paying public. We cannot accept the BS line of protecting umpires. They need to explain themselves. In the open.

The confusion that this free-kick rule caused for the fans is the biggest issue. Having the thought of “What the hell is going on?” is bloody uncomfortable.

Stop the free-kicks, if needs-be book them for rough play...and issue ever increasing fines followed by a suspension. If the game makes no sense, I don’t want to watch it.

Last edited:

Although some reports indicate Impey was the first to push which I think is BS.

Nah mate. There’s still enough anger running through these pages. Enjoy your win.

Yes. How dare you enjoy a sport that allows some contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gee that macrae head flop when jom pushes him in the chest is pathetic.....there will be alot more of this to try and draw a free

i have absolutely no problem with the league trying to get rid of the stupid chest punching....but why did they start in the 2nd half of the 2nd last game of the 2nd round...? absolutely bizarre and they really should have come out and admitted fault....

moving on...

99% of our scores v the Dogs were from turnovers....we were lucky to get out to such a lead....i dont think the dogs are a top 8 side this year, but they were clearly on top around the stoppages, and i thought were better than us for most of the game....

i for one do not hold much hope of any meaningful September push this year, and wouldnt mind a lower finish to get a top 10 draft pick....seeing what Port have got from last years draft is very impressive...really enjoying seeing the youngsters getting a good run at it, and i think it will prove invaluable in their development....

During the act of bouncing you mean? As per the rule

I've always thought posters that think it is ok to go into opposition club boards to tell them how the dodgy frees paid during the game were all fine are mentally defective. You haven't changed my mind. Even if you were right - which you aren't - it is just a ******* stupid thing to do. This is not the doggies board or the main board. You've already been told to * off, now * off.

I've always thought posters that think it is ok to go into opposition club boards to tell them how the dodgy frees paid during the game were all fine are mentally defective. You haven't changed my mind. Even if you were right - which you aren't - it is just a ******* stupid thing to do. This is not the doggies board or the main board. You've already been told to **** off, now **** off.

Just noticed that your post was liked by Far Cough.

Pretty apt!

The confusion that this free-kick rule caused for the fans is the biggest issue. Having the thought of “What the hell is going on?” is bloody uncomfortable.

Stop the free-kicks, if need be book them for rough play...and issue ever increasing fines followed by a suspension. If the game makes no sense, I don’t want to watch it.

The AFL does quite a bit of fluffy family friendly marketing. That's great. But it completely ignores and/or avoids the bigger issues. As was evidenced during the Essendon drug saga the AFL was more concerned with protecting it's brand than finding the truth or at least showing some transparency during the WADA investigation. A call (alleged?) to Essendon FC to inform them that WADA was on their case somehow seemed the right approach to the AFL. Says everything. They ditched Demetriou because he was damaged goods but replaced him with McLachlan to protect themselves because he knows where all the bodies are buried. Massive cultural issues that needed a complete overhaul after the Essendon case and appointing McLachlan rather than an outsider (which would have been the best thing to do) is proof of what a closed shop the AFL is. Is McLachlan even qualified or capable? Is Hocking with all his "great" ideas qualified or capable? It is one thing to be an ideas person but completely different to be someone that can actually implement them. New ideas done the same way they have always been done doesn't cut it no matter what business one is in.

The AFL does quite a bit of fluffy family friendly marketing. That's great. But it completely ignores and/or avoids the bigger issues. As was evidenced during the Essendon drug saga the AFL was more concerned with protecting it's brand than finding the truth or at least showing some transparency during the WADA investigation. A call (alleged?) to Essendon FC to inform them that WADA was on their case somehow seemed the right approach to the AFL. Says everything. They ditched Demetriou because he was damaged goods but replaced him with McLachlan to protect themselves because he knows where all the bodies are buried. Massive cultural issues that needed a complete overhaul after the Essendon case and appointing McLachlan rather than an outsider (which would have been the best thing to do) is proof of what a closed shop the AFL is. Is McLachlan even qualified or capable? Is Hocking with all his "great" ideas qualified or capable? It is one thing to be an ideas person but completely different to be someone that can actually implement them. New ideas done the same way they have always been done doesn't cut it no matter what business one is in.

Great points re the competency of those in charge. Since leaving the boys club of AFL - Demetriou was part of a loss close to 150m in Acquire Learning collapse and Mike Fitzpatrick lost his shirt in a renewable energy project

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02...about-145m-acquire-learning-collapse/10854062

https://www.smh.com.au/business/com...hits-former-afl-chairman-20190313-p513yj.html

True, we need a "how to handle the instigator within the rules" playbook. Maybe just smilling back at the oppo or chest bump them.

Yes they got sucked in, but the umpire didn't help them either. Feels like they have no choice and hopeless and don't know how to react. For those of us who's very close to the action, we're that furious that we're ready to jump the fence. Luckily none of us did that, but imagine the player's frustrations.

Anyway hopefully the boys won't be sucked in again next time. Stay focus, concentrate and strong minded especially in the last quarters.

You have nothing to hurt me with....

1554176394879.png

Yeah and they said the O'Meara and Sicily ones were correct. I don't think they were, or at least I hope they aren't the new standard. The Worpel one was definitely there according to the rules though.

I think they got it exactly backwards.

No he had to bounce it first and then pay the free. If hes in the circle when he bounces it it's a free. No bounce no free.

Why wasn't the rubbish free kick against Sicily taken in the center? If it were the other way around I'm sure it would be. Doesn't make sense to me

gee that macrae head flop when jom pushes him in the chest is pathetic.....there will be alot more of this to try and draw a free
Macrae has come out today and said that it wasn't a freekick, he feels sorry for Jaegar, but "wasn't going to do a Gilchrist" and not take the free.

Macrae has come out today and said that it wasn't a freekick, he feels sorry for Jaegar, but "wasn't going to do a Gilchrist" and not take the free.

Schache has also said today he was surprised to receive a free for the Sicily incident. He also said he wasn't sure if that it was a clenched fist - meaning it wasn't.

What a shock :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back