Rumour Dan Hannebery on the nose beers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be getting his base nothing more until he plays. That figure would be less than half.

Nah, that's not how it works. His manager would have seen to it that he gets paid his full whack whilst doing injury rehab.

There is no way a marquee player poached on a high salary would agree to base under any circumstances.

Towelboy

Debutant
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nah, that's not how it works. His manager would have seen to it that he gets paid his full whack whilst doing injury rehab.

There is no way a marquee player poached on a high salary would agree to base under any circumstances.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Easy to say on an anonymous forum.

You are implying inside knowledge and I fully admit to having none.

But I'm familiar with contract negotiations and you only bend over when you have to. Hanners could easily have stayed at Sydney and collected his full pay cheque.

Towelboy

Debutant
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Easy to say on an anonymous forum.

You are implying inside knowledge and I fully admit to having none.

But I'm familiar with contract negotiations and you only bend over when you have to. Hanners could easily have stayed at Sydney and collected his full pay cheque.

The total amount of a contract includes all the bonuses for games played and goals reached.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
one was arrested for being drunk and disorderly and then charged with raping one of the other players friends at his house all within the space of a couple of months.

The other was elected into the leadership group by the players and is injured.

Big ******* difference there

Lovett was found not guilty. He had some teammates accused of serious sexual offences and they were allowed to play out their careers.

Lovett was found not guilty. He had some teammates accused of serious sexual offences and they were allowed to play out their careers.
No doubt but Milne didn't have a track record with bashing women already. And wasn't at the club for 2 mins when it happened and that wasn't even Lovetts first indiscretion at St Kilda.

I know a couple of people who were there that night during the Lovett incident. I am not going to go into details about it here.

But I can see why there was a player revolt around getting him booted.

Not too mention he has been charged both before and after his St Kilda stint with assaulting women. See a trend here at all?

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
No doubt but Milne didn't have a track record with bashing women already. And wasn't at the club for 2 mins when it happened and that wasn't even Lovetts first indiscretion at St Kilda.

I know a couple of people who were there that night during the Lovett incident. I am not going to go into details about it here.

But I can see why there was a player revolt around getting him booted.

Not too mention he has been charged both before and after his St Kilda stint with assaulting women. See a trend here at all?

Could the players have been reacting to the words of Jason Gram though? A man whose credibility should be in the toilet?

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything like that, but the fact of the matter is Lovett was acquitted in a court of law, and one of his accusers from that night in Jason Gram turned out to be a scumbag. Makes it very grey at best.

Lovett was scum, the players all thought he was scum , the club agreed and got rid of him.
They didn't care what the courts said or some s**t stirring collingwood supporter. You have a real thing about it still TImmy. Still after all these years.

Why didn't collingwood throw him a lifeline ( or any other club ).
Get it through your thick head.

Could the players have been reacting to the words of Jason Gram though? A man whose credibility should be in the toilet?

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything like that, but the fact of the matter is Lovett was acquitted in a court of law, and one of his accusers from that night in Jason Gram turned out to be a scumbag. Makes it very grey at best.

Subsequent scumbag acts doesn't automatically mean his version of these events aren't credible. Surprised you even ran that line, tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Subsequent scumbag acts doesn't automatically mean his version of these events aren't credible. Surprised you even ran that line, tbh.

I didn't write that they did.

I wrote Gram has no or very little credibility, and that this makes it grey, not that it makes it certainly untrue.

webbo_83

Senior List
May 29, 2006
Neerim South
AFL Club
Richmond
He will be getting his base which is nowhere near 800k

No, his contracted amount would be the amount he’s getting. The best players in a team, as well as some of the younger players, have their whole contracted amounts guaranteed. Whether they play or not won’t impact upon how much they get paid. This would be Hanners.

Towelboy

Debutant
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
No, his contracted amount would be the amount he’s getting. The best players in a team, as well as some of the younger players, have their whole contracted amounts guaranteed. Whether they play or not won’t impact upon how much they get paid. This would be Hanners.

Let me tell you they don't get the full amount unless they actually play.

Let me tell you they don't get the full amount unless they actually play.

Dude, you don't understand contracts.

The only part that players don't get if they don't play is performance-related bonuses. In most cases, this would be a maximum of 10-15% of the contracted amount (especially for established players). So, if 800k is the correct amount in Hanners' case, he'd be getting about 700k and would need to earn the last 100k by performance.

I didn't write that they did.

I wrote Gram has no or very little credibility, and that this makes it grey, not that it makes it certainly untrue.

Bullshit. Gram did some crazy inappropriate stalkerish s**t a few years later. He came clean about it. Why does that make his word suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back