Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is the outline link for anyone without a The Advertiser online subscription

https://outline.com/hvtSL9

How Port Adelaide hit the draft jackpot a year after blooding the fewest kids in 2018

Something is brewing at Port Adelaide — and it is being led by the club’s department of youth.

A season after the Power registered by far the fewest amount of games from its first-year players of any club — just five — its shock round one win against flag fancy Melbourne was led by a bunch of kids who brought class, enthusiasm and excitement to the team.

Last year’s draftees Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Xavier Duursma were so good that veteran swingman Justin Westhoff said he had never witnessed such outstanding debuts from a group of teenagers.

“We fed off the young guys,’’ said Westhoff, who will play his 250th game against Carlton at Adelaide Oval on Saturday.

“I haven’t seen so many young guys do what they did on Saturday, play so well on such a big occasion on debut, with us being underdogs at the MCG.

https://outline.com/hvtSL9

scotty13

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tracy Vilage Razorbacks
Interesting Stats... but pointless ones too.

in his 234 game career Brendon Lade managed to kick 182goals and 106behinds for a total 1198 points for the club.

Combined; Primus, Brogan, Lobbe, Ryder have played 460games and only managed a combined 186goals and 97 behinds for a total of 1213 points or 15 more points than Lade achieved by himself.

Lade also leads all comers in hitouts, however due to the change in how the game is played now, Ryder will only need to play 116games for the club (currently 58) to pass Lade in this category.

No one on the roster is close to reaching the top 10 players at the club for bounces.
Our current top 5 are Burgoyne P, Rodan, Pearce, Wangas & Burgoyne S.
S. Burgoyne managed 225 bounces in 157 games at the club.... currently Gray leads active players with 98 bounces in 200 games... Motlop has managed 40 bounces in 22games, so give it a few seasons and he will surpass all other current players.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Random fact, I know someone whose told me Charlie and his Miss Australia GF have broken up. Poor bloke. I took a look at Insta to see if they were still following each other and he has definitely stopped following her.

s**t, I must have missed it..yet I was sitting there the whole time...weird.
I think it had Hinkley standing around with several people at the end of the clip and he might have said we are Port Adelaide.

I think it had Hinkley standing around with several people at the end of the clip and he might have said we are Port Adelaide.

lol i like how that description could literally be any video published by the club in the last 4-5 years.

"People standing around saying we are port adelaide"

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
who cares
Some do. I'm ambivalent, but it doesn't negatively affect me, so why get strung up on it? It's not stand up, take off your cap and be silent whilst it's on like the Last Post, so if you don't want to watch it, you can still talk to your mates at the footy during it.

lol i like how that description could literally be any video published by the club in the last 4-5 years.

"People standing around saying we are port adelaide"
Pretty much copy this and paste 100 times.

Because nothing represents the spirit of Welcome To Country more than a 52 year old white man.

who cares

We get it, you like Andrew Bolt.

Teal Plums

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2004
South Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
West Ham, Jazz, Vikings
Just wanted to pay tribute to the Port boys who came down to take training at my son's footy club last night.

Hayes, Broadbent, SPP, Duursma, Trengove and the great Russell Ebert were down there and the boys were absolutely fantastic.

I would like to pay special tribute to Sam Hayes who was wonderful with my 4 year old son (who was clearly too young to participate in the majority of the drills). He kept him included, was super encouraging and very patient with the little fella.

Also;

SPP - Fantastic bloke who whilst signing the usual posters stopped what he was doing and asked my boys if they wanted their guernseys signed. Didn't have to do that and it was a nice touch
Duursma - Great young intelligent bloke who was easy to talk to
Matt Broadbent - Walked around with a broad smile and was super friendly and helpful with everyone
R Ebert - Was hard to keep my s**t together when he was chatting away with my 4 year old and remembered his name at the end of the session. Every bit of a legend in real life as you would imagine.

These blokes were/are a credit to their club

Just wanted to pay tribute to the Port boys who came down to take training at my son's footy club last night.

Hayes, Broadbent, SPP, Duursma, Trengove and the great Russell Ebert were down there and the boys were absolutely fantastic.

I would like to pay special tribute to Sam Hayes who was wonderful with my 4 year old son (who was clearly too young to participate in the majority of the drills). He kept him included, was super encouraging and very patient with the little fella.

Also;

SPP - Fantastic bloke who whilst signing the usual posters stopped what he was doing and asked my boys if they wanted their guernseys signed. Didn't have to do that and it was a nice touch
Duursma - Great young intelligent bloke who was easy to talk to
Matt Broadbent - Walked around with a broad smile and was super friendly and helpful with everyone
R Ebert - Was hard to keep my s**t together when he was chatting away with my 4 year old and remembered his name at the end of the session. Every bit of a legend in real life as you would imagine.

These blokes were/are a credit to their club
Russell is a great man. It’s marvellous to have a grandson named after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back