SkyBet Championship 2018/19

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Well played Bristol City. Well paid lads.

I would gladly shout any Brizzle fans here a beer, you guys rock ! #MOT

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Four losses on a Boro and have fallen out of the play-off zone (for now). I hope it stays that way, don't want Pulis anywhere near the PL again.
Dont think they'd make it.
Right now I think it'll be Norwich, Leeds and then Aston Villa to win the playoffs. Wish we could somehow swap Norwich for Forrest or West Brom.

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
Just watched Norwich v QPR. QPR are an abomination of a side.

Buendia a complete twat for that red card tackle of his. NFI what he was thinking there.

I really hope Norwich actually have some staying power instead of being a perpetual yo-yo side with very little to offer. Even in the year they finished 3rd in the early days of the PL, they got relegated the next season.

Last edited:

ContrarianCrow

All Australian
Aug 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I really hope Norwich actually have some staying power instead of being a perpetual y-yo side with very little to offer. Even in the year they finished 3rd in the early days of the PL, they got relegated the next season.

We’re hardly the bunch of ageing Scottish/English plodders that comprised our last couple of PL campaigns, Pukki/Buendia/Hernandez can cause plenty of troubles up front and we’ve won 8 straight with arguably 2 of our top midfielders sitting in the bench in Vrancic & Leitner. 3 of our back 4 are under 22 so there’s plenty of scope for improvement assuming we can keep the squad together.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty good results for Leeds with Norwich and The Blunts dropping points.

Weird to see West Bromwich are 4th right now, just goes to show the top 3 have been uber consistent, and then it falls away rapidly. Villa could have made a run at auto promotion if they didn't have such a poor opening 2 months to the season.

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Hull keeping pace. Only sides since December with more points are Norwich and Sheff united. Pretty incredible.

Not without a sniff, but I suspect it's all been left too late.

Thanks for the favour Brum, that helps a lot. Theoretically, WBA is not out of the equation for 2nd, but it seems unlikely. Likewise, Norwich could still miss an automatic spot, but that also seems unlikely.

5 games to go.

Leeds:
Sheffield Wednesday (H)
Wigan (H)
Brentford (A)
Aston Villa (H)
Ipswich (A)

Sheffield United:
Millwall (H)
Nottingham Forest (H)
Hull (A)
Ipswich (H)
Stoke (A)

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not without a sniff, but I suspect it's all been left too late.

Thanks for the favour Brum, that helps a lot. Theoretically, WBA is not out of the equation for 2nd, but it seems unlikely. Likewise, Norwich could still miss an automatic spot, but that also seems unlikely.

5 games to go.

Leeds:
Sheffield Wednesday (H)
Wigan (H)
Brentford (A)
Aston Villa (H)
Ipswich (A)

Sheffield United:
Millwall (H)
Nottingham Forest (H)
Hull (A)
Ipswich (H)
Stoke (A)
Good thing is that our 2 hardest games are at home. Would prefer SU run home though

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Good thing is that our 2 hardest games are at home. Would prefer SU run home though

Agree, but we do have position. Their hardest match is likely Hull, I expect they'll likely win the rest. Forest and Stoke haven't really much to play for, Milwall and Ispwich stink

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Agree, but we do have position. Their hardest match is likely Hull, I expect they'll likely win the rest. Forest and Stoke haven't really much to play for, Milwall and Ispwich stink
Yeh need hull to take points off them, and hope they draw with someone else.
Might come down to our villa game, would be huge.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With their form I fancy Villa in the play offs, so this Leeds/Sheff Utd race for automatic promotion could get tense. A Villa/Leeds play off final would be pretty epic mind you

Back