Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a reason you're threatened by people like me, and it has little to do with me and much to do with your own inadequacies.

Women selected to positions in any organisation for the sole purpose of being women, is sexist rubbish, and brings with it trait characteristics that are detrimental to a competitive male sporting environment. It's harming the club right now and it's going to destroy it eventually unless it is weeded out. I am certain of that.

Oh, and I'd love for you to name the women who've been employed which are "harming the club" and will "destroy it eventually"? Can you provide names of those who've been "selected to positions for the sole purpose of being a woman"? Or are you just spouting incel bullshit again?

Oh, and I'd love for you to name the women who've been employed which are "harming the club" and will "destroy it eventually"? Can you provide names of those who've been "selected to positions for the sole purpose of being a woman"?

Every single person who has been appointed under a "gender quota" system, AND every single person who instituted this socio-political rubbish.

In other words, the entire existing board and all of their appointments.

Or are you just spouting incel bullshit again?

If it wasn't for social media cliches, you wouldn't have an opinion at all.

No one feels threatened by you Snake.

Returning to your earlier post, I would once again point out to readers the consistent trend with folks of your ilk who bear the delusional trait of believing that they speak for everyone.

YOU DON'T!

You are a totalitarian nutcase.

Save the guilt trip for the little kids at school who are made to feel guilty for crimes their forefathers allegedly committed.

Innocent children being made to feel like s**t for crimes they never committed. Seems right up your alley tbh.

I was sitting with a blackfella mate of mine at a uni years ago yarning and this guy walked past.

My mate said "See that guy, his dad is so and so of this particular political party, his great or great, great grandad moved to such and such a location 100 years ago. Got to know the local people, befriended them, was intitiated as a man in their mob then after 10 years gave them poisoned flour and had the survivors killed."

I asked how he knew and he said they were the mob next to his families so his family remembers even tho no one else will. This isn't an official massacre either. There's no record of it, no reference to it and no reference to those people ever having existed. That bit of land was "empty" .And if you people are over 40 you've heard that family's name on the news repeatedly. Tho not for a little while.

They have enormous wealth and power and a huge influence over what's happened in this country for decades all on the back of a mass murder.

I was sitting with a blackfella mate of mine at a uni years ago yarning and this guy walked past.

My mate said "See that guy, his dad is so and so of this particular political party, his great or great, great grandad moved to such and such a location 100 years ago. Got to know the local people, befriended them, was intitiated as a man in their mob then after 10 years gave them poisoned flour and had the survivors killed."

I asked how he knew and he said they were the mob next to his families so his family remembers even tho no one else will. This isn't an official massacre either. There's no record of it, no reference to it and no reference to those people ever having existed. That bit of land was "empty" .And if you people are over 40 you've heard that family's name on the news repeatedly. Tho not for a little while.

They have enormous wealth and power and a huge influence over what's happened in this country for decades all on the back of a mass murder.

..............and you believed it?

Why wouldn't I? Are you calling someone I've known for decades a liar?

I'm not claiming that your friend doesn't believe it, but there appears to be far too many intangibles at play to give that story much time.

If the joke was about race, gender, or LGBTIQZX, then don't take it personally, they are literally trained to take offense and report crimethink.

As I said, if a boy/young man is academically successful and raised in the inner suburbs (and/or goes to a 'good school'), his path is pretty well laid out for him in Australia today.

A few mates of mine -- not connected to Onip; other mates -- have been banned from bigfooty for cimethink.

When I was young, Australia prided itself on having a sense of humour. Those days are over now.

And I'm not even that old. I grew up watching Agro's Cartoon Connections ffs.

Imagine Agro playing with the blonde chick under the table today. He'd be up on charges.

I don't want this thread to degenerate into another one of these politically charged shitfests, however, you label and judge Chadwinko based on group identity and you do not like when the same thing is done to you. The issue is real life rarely lives up to these caricatures we create which are often subconsciously done in an attempt to dismiss opposing groups or opposing opinions.

Australia did and still does pride itself on having a sense of humour and that humour is best when individuals take the piss out of themselves or their identities, I am not an avid watcher of television in general but I found the little I saw of Kath & Kim to be amusing, because we have all known bogans and playing on those stereotypes can be amusing when it is a self-reflection on culture. Similar with Fat Pizza, Wog Boys, etc. These are usually over the top caricatures and they take a light-hearted look at what are some social attributes of a particular race or culture taken to an extreme.

While the comedian Mark Mitchell intended his character Con "the fruiterer" Dickaletus to be a similar caricature of the whole southern european immigrant subculture, there is a difference between laugh with and laughing at a group. I grew up in that era and while the intent was benign by the people who created it, there was a derogatory element to it which you experience within communities. You talk about groupthink but if you would expose anyone to extreme levels of condescension and ridicule it would have a harmful psychological effect no matter what your culture is. I know Australians who came back here because they couldn't cope with being put down in the UK constantly.

i can't tell anyone what their lived experiences were, but nobody can tell me what mine was and I experience an ugly side of humour, even when I wasn't the target of it. Water off a ducks' back, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, etc. Not everyone is wired the same way. We can't take an extreme view where we should repress things that could offend anyone, because that would leave us little that we can talk about, however, for people who often struggle with finding their own identity or acceptance in society due to race, religion or culture it can be extremely destructive to a lot of people.

It can sound like wishy washy Liberal identity politics, but it goes well beyond concepts or theories or collective groups, these are real people that some people can't empathise with as a statistic because they have not experienced the negative aspect of it, but they are people nonetheless and many go through extreme hardships as a result of the very real pain that they experience and it can destroy the life of people. No one single comment will do that but it has a cumulative effect and different people have different capacities to deal with it. If you knew people who struggled with it, who you were friends with then you could empathise even if you didn't experience it yourself.

I think it is important we just leave the humour for laughing with what people share rather than laugh at people. I've had a huge influx of chinese and indians where I live and they are fantastic hardworking people but a lot of them struggle to find their place in our society, one of my neighbours was abused because someone though he was some out-sourced tech half a world away. I do value and hold freedom of speech very highly and hold some very libertarian views on protecting speech, but we can't just be morons armed with a big mouth, what we say has very real consequences.

Last edited:
Indeed. Below...

Listen here you ******* dickhead. Kangatech is awesome. What are you even getting at with a post like this? I question your motives and why you're attacking Snake. Is it because you're a femist and Snake isn't? North are doing great, look at the debt decrease since 2008. If you don't get off your high horse I'll pummel you in real life! You're quick to defend kangaspurs...if you know what I mean. Are you just doing it to get in her good graces? Snake agrees with me...you're an idiot! You think you're so smart with your big responses but I bet it's only a cover for your small groin! Just because Snake doesn't like the virtue signalling by the AFL with regards to AFLW doesn't mean that he hates women! There are more holes in your argument but I'll stop there!

1554248061375.png

Groin is just going through Tas' 12 step program of how to win a BF argument. Nothing to see here, move along...

Mate I've known that guy for decades.

There are massacre sites all over the place round here. The people who "settled" the place even acknowledge it (well some of them). Absolutely no official record tho. I've been to those spots. Some of them have the creepiest vibe. (And had that vibe before I ever knew their history.) Some of them have boxes of stuff pulled out from the paddocks, tools and weapons all strewn all over the place. The stuff is stored at SCU Lismore. There was massive resistence round here and all thru the Clarence Valley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I first started to read the first line of that reply in that thread I thought "what did I say that set him off?" then it I understood that you were doing and I had a chuckle. For people that glossed over that thread, and it was fairly easy to gloss over, I can understand how he could have seen it differently. It is good to know we have people who will stand up for people they genuinely believe are being attacked. In general, I think our mods do a good job, it is hard for them to be everywhere whenever anything is posted but I think there is probably too much posted that has a go at the poster and not the subject and I am guilty of that as well, when my buttons are pressed I will have a crack back.

You probably exacerbate the reaction some people have with you by posting with what appears to be a parody account, there are a few floating around and they are sometimes seen as deliberate attempts to push peoples buttons or get around the repercussion of behaving a certain way with their main account, not sure if that applies to you or not but it nevertheless is a perception.

When I first started to read the first line of that reply in that thread I thought "what did I say that set him off?" then it I understood that you were doing and I had a chuckle. For people that glossed over that thread, and it was fairly easy to gloss over, I can understand how he could have seen it differently. It is good to know we have people who will stand up for people they genuinely believe are being attacked. In general, I think our mods do a good job, it is hard for them to be everywhere whenever anything is posted but I think there is probably too much posted that has a go at the poster and not the subject and I am guilty of that as well, when my buttons are pressed I will have a crack back.

You probably exacerbate the reaction some people have with you by posting with what appears to be a parody account, there are a few floating around and they are sometimes seen as deliberate attempts to push peoples buttons or get around the repercussion of behaving a certain way with their main account, not sure if that applies to you or not but it nevertheless is a perception.
In summary because it's not the right thread:
- North mods are awesome. Always have been.
- No parody. I am me. I don't push people's buttons intentionally but understand people may not like what I say. Their issue, not mine.
- People lack civility, a sense of humour, and logic. 3 things I don't. I don't have an issue with anyone and would shout anyone in here a drink.

Go North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back