Roast Perceived Anti-Suns Agenda in the Media

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just watched the last two minutes and just after the siren the flog called our win a “great robbery” - guy is a grade A moron

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Everytime 2MP touched the ball or we had a shot late he would talk about 2MP not shooting to win last week and attacking us for losing

eighties

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jack Martin kicks that great goal for us on the run... Dwaynes comment : " Former priority 1 pick, 83 games and 1 brownlow vote" How about you call the game instead of cherry picking your favourite negative comment about each suns player.

I'm calling out all the tossers including the social media pissants
Titus O'Reilly needs to stuff his pork pie hat up his clacker and get some funny material

Some suns fan gave it to him about his derogatory training comments on his round two tips article and was right about us winning.
4E0E6AD0-C8C1-460A-8060-7269DED7DC1E.jpeg

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Mongrel Punt wondered how he was on an afl list in its article tonight. How does a moron come up with that statement?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
"I am still trying to work out how Ballard ended up on an AFL list after watching his last couple of performances at AFL level. The Suns defender looked out of sorts again, missing targets by foot and struggling to compete in isolated contests.

Perhaps the young man is still warming to the level of competition, or potentially nerves are getting the better of him. Either way, Ballard certainly needs to work on his disposal efficiency if he wants to retain his place in a Suns side which is going to create headaches at the selection table."

2nd year utility. Went at 100% disposal efficiency. Kept Lobb to 1.1 and 7 touches.

Seriously some of these articles have to be jokes.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
I have decided to celebrate the uselessness of most of the AFL commentators when it comes to the Suns.

Instead of cringing or getting angry when Duh-Wayne calls Jack Martin a priority pick (but never ever calls Brad Crouch or Jessie Hogan priority picks), or badly mistakes one of our players, I have decided to revel in it. And Duh-Wayne is not the only one.

How much more under the radar can you be when professional commentators can't be bothered to do basic research?

Under the Radar in 2019?
Yes please.
So keep on stuffing up commentators, we will just keep giving a crack and see what happens.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I just remembered another pearler from the Suns game by Duh-Wayne when he mentioned Chris Burgess as the old man recruited from SA.....or words to that effect.

Chris is 23 years old and doesn't turn 24 til November......

So Duh-Wayne now thinks 23 is old......really?

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I just remembered another pearler from the Suns game by Duh-Wayne when he mentioned Chris Burgess as the old man recruited from SA.....or words to that effect.

Chris is 23 years old and doesn't turn 24 til November......

So Duh-Wayne now thinks 23 is old......really?
I thought he was joking when he said that as in most recruits are 18.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
the 360 boys said they loved Dwayne's commentary about 'the robbery' and call at the end
Don't really understand who was getting robbed.
Its like Freo owned the 4 points and we stole them??

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,

It's fun ripping on these blokes, don't get me wrong. But the context of that call seems to be taken away. Freo were 3 goals up wit minutes remaining. Regardless of the situation leading up to that point, that is still a bit of a robbery.

I'll be on my way to kill the next vibe now

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast

Liked the fact we are finally fit enough to run over a team in a tight last quarter... it's been along time coming..
Credit must go to the preseason work of Alex Rigby and the players for embracing it all.
We might runover some other teams as well - thinking Melbourne and Steven May ???

Last edited:
Back