Autopsy Round 2 vs Fremantle @ Metricon: March 31st 2019 Sunday 4:40pm AEDT

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
rewatched the match twice now friggin Jack Bowes was in everything
I wasn't getting the hype during the JLT. All the talk of his improvement and he still seemed to just be going through the motions but his efforts round 1 and 2 were elite. Accumulated the ball plenty, but it's his impact at stoppages that has been massive.

rewatched the match twice now friggin Jack Bowes was in everything

Agreed, he disappeared for a little while I think it was in the third but a real standout game overall, starting to come on. Will Powell is starting to show some great signs too. Makes very good decisions and is great in close.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thing I loved about Wil is at times he emerged from traffic with the ball in hand and made the correct decision, when he has a another 2 years I reckon he will begin to really star. Bowes had almost his best game for the club as well with 27 touches and in most things. These blokes are still only 22 or so, so they aren't going to be on 100% of the time, but once they reach 24/25 and they have that consistency the likes of Bowes will be classy midfielders.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Was thinking about Jack Martin
If the rumours about Essington were true maybe he's starting to think the grass isn't necessarily greener on the Tullamarine side of the fence
Could you imagine moving from the GC to Tullamarine.
There is not enough money on this planet!
Bods can you believe anyone would actually contemplate that.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agreed, he disappeared for a little while I think it was in the third but a real standout game overall, starting to come on. Will Powell is starting to show some great signs too. Makes very good decisions and is great in close.
As l said last year we have potentially up to 8 players who could break out this year.
That's a lot of break out and l can see it happening.

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
With Swallow as well lets not forget how long he was out for with all those knee injuries. Last year was really his first proper pre-season in a few years and to get a full season and then back up with another pre-season he looks to me like he's just not carrying any injuries anymore and is finally playing with the confidence he had back in 2014.
He might not be carrying injuries, but he's getting new ones. Still, he's thriving on it.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Just Had to post this.

1st off congrats on the win. Wasn't the greatest game but suns worked hard to win.

About the Harley bennell trade(s) This will be interesting.

Freo originally traded picks 16 and 35 for Harley bennell and pick 22. that was the 1st trade. The 2nd trade, Freo wanted pick 35 back. So freo traded their 2016 2nd rounder and pick 61 for Pick 35 and pick 56. Due to freos drop, that 2016 2nd rounder was pick 21.

Sad how Bennells career turned out at freo. I don't know what gold coast with their picks. I will tell you what freo go with theirs.

That pick 22 was pushed back to pick 27 and that was Darcy Tucker. The pick 35 we got back was pushed to38 and that was Harley Balic.

The final pick, which was 56 was Ironically Sam Collins who got the match winning mark.

Long story short, Some dockers supporters we not happy he was harshly de-listed at the end of the 2017 season and here is why.

Collins debut was in round 10 of 2016. Freo were garbage and had injuries every where especially down back. At one point only Collins and Zac Dawson were our only 2 key defenders in the 2nd half of the 2016 season. He played 12 games that year.

In 2017 he only played 2 games, One of them was the Brisbane game in which we got belted by 10 goals. I was surprised he only played 2 games. We got Joel Hamling and he played 21 games. Brennan Cox played at least 10 games as a Harry taylor type swingman. Michael Johnson played all 22 games in 2017 which was surprising given he was near the end of his career. A lot of Freo fans expected Collins to play 5-10 games In 2017 rotated in and out of the side as Key defender depth.

He spent most of the season at Peel thunder and won the Best and fairest. Glad he revived his Career at Werribee and won the B and F there too.

Glad he got picked up by another AFL club. He will be a serviceable player.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
I forgot what else we got but we got Fiorini as part of the Bennell trade. At least with one of those picks. He's been very good for us since drafting him. Has potential to be a high level accumulator that can tackle inside, something we don't have. Neat left foot kick. Set up the play that led to Dave Swallow match-winning goal on the weekend.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Freo fans both through the build up to this match and their class post this game in how they’ve conducted themselves in this thread has been amazing. I definitely will be wanting them to do well from now on. I think the same can be said of St Kilda last week as well. The gold medal though goes to the Freo crew.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
I actually think he did a much better job in GCSUNSCAST ,he is calm ,a direct opposite person compare to BF.

Yeah the guy in question is a ripping fantastic bloke in real life. Sometimes a keyboard affects people the wrong way.

Also, the only thing to blame is his passion for the SUNS. Didn't always do it the right way, but went in to bat for the red, gold and blue a lot.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Freo fans both through the build up to this match and their class post this game in how they’ve conducted themselves in this thread has been amazing. I definitely will be wanting them to do well from now on. I think the same can be said of St Kilda last week as well. The gold medal though goes to the Freo crew.
When I was working in Perth they were my local team.Weagles fans are fully feral

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Indeed. Congratulations to the crew that succeeded in seeing him off. Well done.

Although the ringleader of that group is notorious for his baiting and childish behaviour in certain ways, old mate has to be accountable for not falling for the bait. Same as all of us, myself included :)

Back