GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
Dew wasn't there because he knew "it was the players time in the sun". To me, that's the sign of a good coach. But I'm sure he was in amongst them when it was needed....

There's no coach like Dew.....;)
you could probably mount a pretty compelling argument that Dew is twice the coach Fagan is. well at least 1.5 times anyway :p

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Good article on Secco

With Tom Lynch moving to Richmond last October, former top-10 pick Peter Wright has been expected to fill the void while 2018 Pick 2 Jack Lukosius and Pick 6 Ben King develop.

But in Sexton, Stuart Dew might have the most unexpected route to goal in the game.

“I keep texting him calling him the G.O.A.T and calling him Gary Ablett Sr and all these things,” former Gold Coast co-captain and new Melbourne recruit Steven May said on AFL Tonight.

“He actually played pretty well at the end of last season; it wasn’t just the start of this season. He finished the season well and finished high in the b and f.

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Mark McClure on afl 360. Just giving the club huge wraps. That we are going in the right direction and that dew, Evans and co. Knew exactly what they were doing letting the big names walk. That we are better off now than we were before.
Also mentioned about the strength of Aussie rules in qld

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark McClure on afl 360. Just giving the club huge wraps. That we are going in the right direction and that dew, Evans and co. Knew exactly what they were doing letting the big names walk. That we are better off now than we were before.
Also mentioned about the strength of Aussie rules in qld
Loved what he said.
He loved what he saw during that game. Suns are on the way and he is happy with the things are progressing.
Love the quote that he said
"No Ablett. No Lynch. No May. No problem."

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Loved what he said.
He loved what he saw during that game. Suns are on the way and he is happy with the things are progressing.
Love the quote that he said
"No Ablett. No Lynch. No May. No problem."

I only just noticed mate, when did you add the GC SUNS to your name

<-----

Congratulations and welcome aboard :p

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Last week? I figure the pies fans over at the board won't mind too much if I have a second team to support.

If he has not noticed already Mr Bods will be over the moon

We should get Boddsy on board with the players on membership drives

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Good article on Secco

With Tom Lynch moving to Richmond last October, former top-10 pick Peter Wright has been expected to fill the void while 2018 Pick 2 Jack Lukosius and Pick 6 Ben King develop.

But in Sexton, Stuart Dew might have the most unexpected route to goal in the game.

“I keep texting him calling him the G.O.A.T and calling him Gary Ablett Sr and all these things,” former Gold Coast co-captain and new Melbourne recruit Steven May said on AFL Tonight.

“He actually played pretty well at the end of last season; it wasn’t just the start of this season. He finished the season well and finished high in the b and f.

Whilst I'm glad people are writing positive about us, I don't really agree with what is being said sometimes.
It just seems people are coming to the party and commenting without really knowing things.

For Roos to see people don't know whether to play a tall or a small defender on Sexton.
I mean really?
His main goal source would be snaps on the run after finding space in the forward 50
Long bombs from outside 50 after sprinting forward after turnover
Or getting on the end of a pass inside 50

Doesn't seem to mark on the lead a lot
Certainly doesn't take overhead marks - 19 Contested marks in 99 career games.

I would have thought you'd be playing a good endurance, tight, small defender on him. No idea who would be planning to play a tall on him.
Taylor Duryea from the Bulldogs
Even Ed Richards in a defence role? - I know he has been playing more on the wing but played down back a bit last year and has the athletic abilities to cover Sexton well I think.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
To be fair he hit up at a few over the weekend. Just his set shot kicking it not amazing. Best snap in the AFL for me. If he can get his set shot kicking down then he will be a very dangerous forward.
Outside 50 goal kicking is great - Even that 50m shot from the boundary almost went through.
Wish there were some stats on that.
The middle ones where he doesn't kick through it are where he goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back