The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 25 Thread #Build a team around Devin Booker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big 5 minutes coming up ... really need to drop this game. Nothing quite like being an NBA fan and spending about the last 40 games of a season barracking for your team to lose.

20-20-20 Is this something we'll tell our grandkids about?

The day Russ went 20-20-20 against a Lakers side featuring guys most have never heard of. Who would forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warriors were pretty good, but Nuggets were really bad.

They've been struggling lately on the offensive end. Next 4 games are against playoff teams (including two against Portland). They aren't guaranteed the 2nd seed yet.

Warriors were pretty good, but Nuggets were really bad.

They've been struggling lately on the offensive end. Next 4 games are against playoff teams (including two against Portland). They aren't guaranteed the 2nd seed yet.

They've been pumped recently twice by you and once by us, Portland games will be interesting. At the moment seems that while they can handle the next tier easily, they might not be able to go with the top few teams.

Russ called the 20/20/20 game before tip off.

That's insane to call a game that hasn't been done in 50ish years.

I actually think that is what makes it a bit less special. Don't get me wrong it is a crazy thing to do but the fact he called it against basically a G League team and was clearly stat padding in a game that was always under control, it hardly has the impact if he had done it against a top team without planning.

I actually think that is what makes it a bit less special. Don't get me wrong it is a crazy thing to do but the fact he called it against basically a G League team and was clearly stat padding in a game that was always under control, it hardly has the impact if he had done it against a top team without planning.

No way about the pregame call.

It's like if Harden came out and said he was going to score 100. And he did it. The world would rightfully be super impressed.

Calling it before a game, including getting a career high in rebounds is just plain insanity.

You are right about it being against a poorer team, but that's generally when great games (statistically) happen. Look at Harden's 50 point games this year. Of the 9, none of them were against a Top 11 team.

I'm not picking on Harden here. It would be the the same for most stars.

There's a reason it's easier to score/assist/rebound against shitty teams.

But to call something that hasn't happened in 50 years should be appreciated.

No way about the pregame call.

It's like if Harden came out and said he was going to score 100. And he did it. The world would rightfully be super impressed.

Calling it before a game, including getting a career high in rebounds is just plain insanity.

You are right about it being against a poorer team, but that's generally when great games (statistically) happen. Look at Harden's 50 point games this year. Of the 9, none of them were against a Top 11 team.

I'm not picking on Harden here. It would be the the same for most stars.

There's a reason it's easier to score/assist/rebound against shitty teams.

But to call something that hasn't happened in 50 years should be appreciated.

The 21 assists is most impressive to me. The career high in rebounds not so much when guys are boxing out for you and deliberately missing free throws so you can get a board. Look making the call and doing it is amazing don't get me wrong but if say KD dominated the ball and had the rest of the Warriors clearing out for him to grab all the boards I think you'd back him in for the points/boards and assists is up to the teammates. I'm just saying knowing from the get go you're trying to get certain stats makes it easier than it naturally happening. You bring up Harden and he's a perfect example, there was a point when he was chasing 30 point games they came.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back