List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven’t seen him play in anything other than last year’s inaugural AFLX crap, where he looked good. Is a big lad and moves very well. Won the BnF in his Sydney local comp the year prior to being drafted and is a product of the Syd Swans Academy. He loves North, although he’d be well and truly GWS brainwashed atm. He was a diehard North fan while growing up in Melbourne prior to moving to Sydney though and he kept following North pre drafting. Top kid is Jack.

Do you know if we showed any interest in Cat B'ing him TT?

Few cheaper options who aren't getting games at their respective clubs:

- Brayden Sier: Contested bull, can't break into collingwood line up now that Beams is there. Would be perfect replacement for Cunnington.

- Hamish Brayshaw: Racked up big numbers in the WAFL late last year but can't get a look in at WC. Can play across half forward too

- Jake Waterman: Played 16 games and kicked 13 goals last year looks to have fallen out of favour for Oscar Allen. Looked strong and a neat goalkicker last year.

- Francis Watson (WC): Flashy half back quick, good defender, yet to play a game but looked really solid in the JLT.

- Noah Balta: Freak athlete in the Jared Brennen mould, can play forward/back/ruck. Would be perfect CHF/2nd ruck. Showed a heap in the JLT. Will get a bit of chance now riewoldt it out, but will get pushed out in favour of lynch.

- Dougal Howard: Excellent intercept mark, key defender. good defender. Currently isn't getting a game at Port behind Jonas & Clurey.

- Shai Bolton: Quick evasive small forward/wingman. Not getting a gig at Richmond, has played a few games and looked good.

- Nakia Cockatoo: Not getting a game at Geelong but can't seem to shake injuries. Wouldn't come cheap

- Wylie Buzza: The Ben Brown look a like. Ratogolea is preferenced in the forward line now. Big lump of a lad at 199cm and 100kg. Decent contested mark excellent set shot. Could play CHF/2nd ruck role.

- Quinten Narkle: Currently not getting a game at Geelong. Speedy half forward/mid who loves to tackle. Would really like him across half forward.

- LLoyd Meek: Huge ruck with big upside 205cm and 110kg. Aggressive, good follow up work. About 4th in line currently at freo. Would be a good addition for ruck depth.

Lachie Henderson is worth a look as well given our defensive stocks.

- Brayden Sier: Contested bull, can't break into collingwood line up now that Beams is there. Would be perfect replacement for Cunnington.

- Hamish Brayshaw: Racked up big numbers in the WAFL late last year but can't get a look in at WC. Can play across half forward too

- Jake Waterman: Played 16 games and kicked 13 goals last year looks to have fallen out of favour for Oscar Allen. Looked strong and a neat goalkicker last year.

- Francis Watson (WC): Flashy half back quick, good defender, yet to play a game but looked really solid in the JLT.

- Noah Balta: Freak athlete in the Jared Brennen mould, can play forward/back/ruck. Would be perfect CHF/2nd ruck. Showed a heap in the JLT. Will get a bit of chance now riewoldt it out, but will get pushed out in favour of lynch.

- Dougal Howard: Excellent intercept mark, key defender. good defender. Currently isn't getting a game at Port behind Jonas & Clurey.

- Shai Bolton: Quick evasive small forward/wingman. Not getting a gig at Richmond, has played a few games and looked good.

- Nakia Cockatoo: Not getting a game at Geelong but can't seem to shake injuries. Wouldn't come cheap

- Wylie Buzza: The Ben Brown look a like. Ratogolea is preferenced in the forward line now. Big lump of a lad at 199cm and 100kg. Decent contested mark excellent set shot. Could play CHF/2nd ruck role.

- Quinten Narkle: Currently not getting a game at Geelong. Speedy half forward/mid who loves to tackle. Would really like him across half forward.

- LLoyd Meek: Huge ruck with big upside 205cm and 110kg. Aggressive, good follow up work. About 4th in line currently at freo. Would be a good addition for ruck depth.

Would really like Balta and Sier in particular.

Would really like Balta and Sier in particular.

I agree, they would be 2 fantastic additions.

Balta could play that CHF/2nd ruck role.

If Maj gets back I'd prefer him to stay away from the ruck considering his injuries. Getting Balta would alleviate that somewhat.

A strong case could be made for Narkle & Bolton as speedy half forward types.

Richmond know they've got a live one in Balta and Balta knows Richmond have been premiers and top 4 in the last 2 years.

I can't see an incentive for either party not to make the relationship work.

Let's pretend he BFNAAK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond know they've got a live one in Balta and Balta knows Richmond have been premiers and top 4 in the last 2 years.

In all likelihood past this year he ain't going to get much game time. Their spine is set for the next 2-3 years imo.

Riewoldt, Lynch,Nankervis,Rance, Astbury

He will find a spot with all their injuries now, but they won't squeeze him in if they were all fit.

We could offer him a lot more money and a longer term contract than Richmond too considering how much they coughed up for Dusty and Lynch

Would be happy to have any or al of Sier, Balta, Howard, Bolton, Narkle

In all likelihood past this year he ain't going to get much game time. Their spine is set for the next 2-3 years imo.

Riewoldt, Lynch,Nankervis,Rance, Astbury

He will find a spot with all their injuries now, but they won't squeeze him in if they were all fit.

We could offer him a lot more money and a longer term contract than Richmond too considering how much they coughed up for Dusty and Lynch

Just couldn't see it happening even with that justification.

Rance's injury would've emphasised the need to have quality tall cover in place from Richmond's perspective.

Balta is an upper end physical talent who might even be able to play some sort of pinch-hitting flank or wing role at times given his athleticism. He's Majak Daw but 10 years younger and with more football exposure. A definitive project player.

Objectively let's say Richmond offer him 2 years on ok coin, dunno what that would be will go with $300k/yr with the message "keep working away you're part of our future." We swing in with 4 years on big enough coin we'll say $400/yr to turn his head.

Taking off your North hat, what would you say to him as his manager?

Stay with the club that looks to be in the midst of a potentially sustained top 4 run under a premiership coaching panel, a team that have all bought into a hard-working gameplan, a midfield boasting 2 Brownlow medalists and has been willing to consistently work in youth?

Or go to a club for more money with a reportedly very supportive coach in terms of holistic planning but a penchant for leaving young players in the VFL in favour of established ones, no obvious adherence to a particular on-field ethos and no immediate indicators of success?

I cannot see an impartial reason why you'd advise your client to ditch Richmond for us as it stands.

(and yes, typing those words and realising how reality has turned out was very sobering :( .. )

Really? I'm not seeing what Balta has.

He's young, a decent height, already an AFL build and looks pretty explosive. There's a bit to work with and he's not in a system that requires him to time perfect leads and be a precision kick.

Like Ben Lennon was? And then Liam McBean was going to be it and a bit? Will he form a lethal partnership, forward or back, with Oleg Markov?

There's a reason why they went hell for leather to get Lynch and had to create a whole forward line system based around small forwards.

I'll be surprised if Balta plays 50 games.

Like Ben Lennon was? And then Liam McBean was going to be it and a bit? Will he form a lethal partnership, forward or back, with Oleg Markov?

There's a reason why they went hell for leather to get Lynch and had to create a whole forward line system based around small forwards.

I'll be surprised if Balta plays 50 games.

Maybe mate. I don't have any shares in Noah Balta. My main comments were that I doubt a project player would leave a contender for a club that doesn't even know itself where it's headed.

Maybe mate. I don't have any shares in Noah Balta. My main comments were that I doubt a project player would leave a contender for a club that doesn't even know itself where it's headed.

No, this is BigFooty and I have 54 minutes to kill before a meeting, so you and I are going to argue about Noah Balta as if it is of global importance. To that end, I don't buy your assertion you have no shares in him, I think you love Noah Balta, I reckon you wish he was your boyfriend and probably have a body pillow you've forced into a Richmond jumper with a printout of his face stapled to it and at night you pash it and soon you're going to attach a cucumber to it and devise a complicated system of weights and pulleys so you can, in your own sick and twisted mind, be penetrated by Noah Balta, because you love him so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back