North Melbourne Football club 3-5 year plan?

Remove this Banner Ad

And I reckon the players would be uncomfortable signing the current year as premier because they don't believe it.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

You might be right.

Nevertheless....

The more you say it the more you'll believe it.

Its a "scientific fact" that the more you hear something/are exposed to it the more you will accept its true even when you know its bullshit. With the awesome neurochemical cocktail that follows a win that effect can be reinforced even more.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd like the club to say Brad needs to play in a GF to get extended, or look like it halfway thru next year after a PF this year at least.

That should be our plan.
Agree there is a fear by clubs to have external scrutiny and speculation regarding a coaches career.
I can see it being a negative, but I believe it can also be a positive.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You might be right.

Nevertheless....

The more you say it the more you'll believe it.

Its a "scientific fact" that the more you hear something/are exposed to it the more you will accept its true even when you know its bullshit. With the awesome neurochemical cocktail that follows a win that effect can be reinforced even more.
100%

When you see guys like Byron Pickett, who has bugger all left, its not a bad thing to teach the kids how to set themselves up for the after life.

Look it's really not.

However giving good blokes high income and financial security should not come at the expense of on field performance.

In fact it should be intrinsically tied to it.

Right now I'd happily shave $100k from 10 players and sign Byron in the mid season draft.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Look it's really not.

However giving good blokes high income and financial security should not come at the expense of on field performance.

In fact it should be intrinsically tied to it.

Right now I'd happily shave $100k from 10 players and sign Byron in the mid season draft.

Ah yeh, I'm there's a social security system and various charitable organizations that see to it that no one is too down and out.

While nobody wants players to end up destitute I didn't realise members bankrolled football clubs for the express purpose of setting up footballers property portfolios.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its called The Illusory Truth Effect and is driven by cognitive ease which in turn drives cognitive bias. There's an evolutionary reason for it.
I never knew their was science behind it, but from a cognitive psychological perspective, it assists in changing the subconscious negative thought patterns.

Very powerful.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

how about, "i know what they are telling me is bullshit however i don't want to change teams" ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back