Remove this Banner Ad

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Essendon needs to focus on the draft. All these new players traded in dont seem to be gelling or playing for each other.

One season they are opponents and the next they are team mates.

Almost looks like the ilder guys are waiting for the new receuits on big money to win it for them.
I think GCS will try to keep him , but if end up bottom of the ladder are more willing to listen to offer from other club .

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Seemed happy after the game last week. I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to keep him.
Yes, he seemed genuinely happy. Winning does that. That was one of his best performances - top 10 pick :). Martin is in his best shape ever. Spending now a lot of time in midfield also suits him after 666 rule created more space for him.

Yes, he seemed genuinely happy. Winning does that. That was one of his best performances - top 10 pick :). Martin is in his best shape ever. Spending now a lot of time in midfield also suits him after 666 rule created more space for him.
Anything can change in 6 months. Wanting to leave last Oct could be completely different than wanting to leave now. There has been a big shift, and he may be enjoying the club and what is happening with the team and want to be a part of it.

Sexton gave the hint that he and some others would resign in their own time.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Anything can change in 6 months. Wanting to leave last Oct could be completely different than wanting to leave now. There has been a big shift, and he may be enjoying the club and what is happening with the team and want to be a part of it.

Sexton gave the hint that he and some others would resign in their own time.
Yes, I have seen Sexton interview. He was very confident. Martin is the only one I have some doubts. If Suns show enough improvement he may stay. So far signs are promising. Personally, I loved that Suns actually dominated both Saints and Freo physically in 2nd half while playing a younger team - credit to a new performance team. WB will be a big test. They look in great shape.

Yes, I have seen Sexton interview. He was very confident. Martin is the only one I have some doubts. If Suns show enough improvement he may stay. So far signs are promising. Personally, I loved that Suns actually dominated both Saints and Freo physically in 2nd half while playing a younger team - credit to a new performance team. WB will be a big test. They look in great shape.
Very good signs. Being able to do a four quarter performance is important.

If they can convince Jack to stay. That will be huge. Everyone else will follow suit. Or retire/get delisted.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
If he still wants out at the end of the year I hope Geelong give it a try especially if Kelly goes. To me he looks ready to absolutely explode as a player and I wouldn't be surprised if he's considered top 10 in the comp within a couple of years.

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
If he still wants out at the end of the year I hope Geelong give it a try especially if Kelly goes. To me he looks ready to absolutely explode as a player and I wouldn't be surprised if he's considered top 10 in the comp within a couple of years.
Will have about 17 different suitors.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
If he wants to leave id offer our first pick for him.
We will probably miss the 8 so we will have a top 10 pick.
Get old mate Lynchy into his ear.
He is exactly what we need in a gut runner with good kicking skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wants to leave id offer our first pick for him.
We will probably miss the 8 so we will have a top 10 pick.
Get old mate Lynchy into his ear.
He is exactly what we need in a gut runner with good kicking skills.
With what cap space? Would be a hard fit I'd imagine.

Martin would probably be the hottest property on the market if he's unsigned towards the end of the year.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
With what cap space? Would be a hard fit I'd imagine.

Martin would probably be the hottest property on the market if he's unsigned towards the end of the year.
We do have players coming out of contract.
Grigg, Ellis, Castagna, Townsend and Butler are all premiership players coming out of contract.
If he wanted to come we would fit him in

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Jack Martin has not lived up to the hype he was pick #1 in the mini-draft with Hogan. He has been at the Suns though who are questionable development still not the sort player you would want to sell the farm for if you could get him cheap for 500K he might be worth it, other than that I could see him becoming a bidding war at point where he wouldn't be worth it.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Jack Martin has not lived up to the hype he was pick #1 in the mini-draft with Hogan. He has been at the Suns though who are questionable development still not the sort player you would want to sell the farm for if you could get him cheap for 500K he might be worth it, other than that I could see him becoming a bidding war at point where he wouldn't be worth it.
Exactly why waste time on Jack Martin, let GCS keep him .

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

I think you could argue that all 4 mini draft players have not reached the level hoped.. while Josh Kelly a player not chosen has gone to greater heights.

On development at Gold Coast.. I believe it was only recently that they have finally got professional facilities... the AFL should bow their heads in shame setting them up with sub-standard conditions..in fact they should have looked at the best around the league and given them state of art..it has to be harder from scratch than adding to a Geelong or Hawthorn or even a West Coast etc.

But to a degree thats past.. and all clubs have to deal with out of contract players..and FA.. and I agree ..depending on who has picks and SC space their could be several clubs willing to spend quite a bit ..hoping when he is in their system JMartin gets a bounce. Yet GC have just had Sexton , who has just signed..that shows that there must be some sort of confidence they are on the right path in his eyes.

Last edited:

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I personally hope the Suns keep him.

However nearly all clubs would be completely mindless to not enquire about him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back