Cripps Bontempelli Kelly - The soon-to-be big 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't this thread like... four years old?

So far Cripps hasn't really become what he should've, the media told us Bontempelli would have a Brownlow by now, and Kelly peaked in about 2016.

It's a lame, simpleton footy opinion.

Had an injured hip and subsequently had surgery afterwards. Started coming good last year and it showed with his output.

At the rate he’s started this season, it might only be another couple of rounds before most are reminded that the Bont is back to 100%

Jack Macrae should be in this discussion, just quietly.

Perhaps you can reconcile all you've posted with a poor couple of years ... not doubting the talent.

Would you rather be Bucks or Voss after their careers are over? Long period of captaincy, Brownlows, multiple AAs, multiple B&Fs, etc. One player has 3 x premierships and one has 0 x premierships.

The players discussed are on the same path at this point in time, although one already has achieved the ultimate while the other two haven’t.

Not to hard to comprehend?

Would you rather be Bucks or Voss after their careers are over? Long period of captaincy, Brownlows, multiple AAs, multiple B&Fs, etc. One player has 3 x premierships and one has 0 x premierships.

The players discussed are on the same path at this point in time, although one already has achieved the ultimate while the other two haven’t.

Not to hard to comprehend?
I don't think you're comprehending correctly, as this thread is more along the lines of who you'd rather have than who you'd rather be...

I don't think you're comprehending correctly, as this thread is more along the lines of who you'd rather have than who you'd rather be...
Thank you, I don’t think you’ve read the recent posts to comprehend what the current debate is about

AFL Coaches votes 2019
1-
18 Tim Kelly GEEL
2- 15 Marcus Bontempelli WB
3- 15 Patrick Dangerfield GEEL
4- 14 Nat Fyfe FRE
5- 13 Travis Boak PORT
6- 12 Scott Lycett PORT
7- 12 Jack Macrae WB
8- 12 Lachlan Neale BL
9- 11 Patrick Cripps CARL
10- 11 Alex Sexton GCF

Danger and Fyfe still going alright by the looks of it. And by the end of the year Tim Kelly might just be the best of the lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you just love it when someone points to team success as proof of individual player quality?

A clear sign the person doesn't know what they're talking about.

Exhibit A.

If you think Bont is better that's fine, but this is a lazy and frankly pathetic argument.

Try again.

Winning a B&F in a premiership side > winning a B&F in a bottom 4 side. I'd say Bont is ahead until others in his draft can prove themselves in finals.

Isn't this thread like... four years old?

So far Cripps hasn't really become what he should've, the media told us Bontempelli would have a Brownlow by now, and Kelly peaked in about 2016.

It's a lame, simpleton footy opinion.

Cripps most rate in the best 6-7 players in the comp.

Bont a regular gun with some injury troubles, but key component in dogs first flag in 62 years.

J Kelly regular gun. Peaked 2016??

Nice trolling

Winning a B&F with a premiership winning side is still one of the highest accolades. However, it’s obvious that it’s not something you can always use to compare players because some are shot out of luck with the talent on their team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And Gibson done it twice and no one thinks he was a better player than Hodge, Rough, Mitchell, Burgoyne.
People watch too much American sport where a basketballer is one of five on court and can be in every single offensive play, likewise a QB in American football. Football is incomparable, especially because their are 18 in a side on the ground

I'm going with Brodie Grundy to be better than all of them. Bont doesn't appear to be improving. Kelly keeps getting injured. Cripps is a star still on the rise, but Grundy's rate of improvement is off the charts.
Not really directly comparible though, different player with a completely different role and skillset. Grundy is a star though but he doesnt offer what these mids do nor do they offer what he does.

If they are fully fit Kelly and Cripps would be hard to split over who I'd take. Kelly is classier, Cripps more physically dominant. You couldnt lose with either.

For me Bontempelli is a level below them.

Wait wut? People are disregarding Bontempelli in this comparison? Are you guys serious? He has the most pure talent of the three of them. The guy had some injuries last year, but already looks to be picking his best form back up.

I mean, Cripps is an awesome contested beast, but his kicking ability, athleticism and goalscoring are not even remotely close to the Bont's level.

Not really directly comparible though, different player with a completely different role and skillset. Grundy is a star though but he doesnt offer what these mids do nor do they offer what he does.

If they are fully fit Kelly and Cripps would be hard to split over who I'd take. Kelly is classier, Cripps more physically dominant. You couldnt lose with either.

For me Bontempelli is a level below them.

I'd argue that Kelly and Cripps are extremely different as well so if you can only compare players who play in the same style with the same role it's a bit pointless.
For full seasons from Grundy, Cripps, Oliver, Bont and Kelly, I'm very confident that Grundy, Oliver and Cripps will lead the other two in contested possessions and clearances and Kelly and Bont will do more damage on the spread.

Tim Kelly, like Dusty in full flight, is the one to watch, because he looks like being able to be highly effective on the inside and on the spread.

Then two years out of finals. Peaked early?
Just proof why team achievements mean nothing when talking about merit of an individual. Hodge is more decorated than Carey if we consider team achievements, but Hodge isn't in the conversation for the GOAT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back