Who are the top 10 midfielders in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a great midfielder, but that's just stupid. There's at least a dozen better clearance players going around than Tim Kelly, and a few are younger than him too.
Cricketers don't necessarily need 4 years of excellence to make the Australian 11. Sometimes when they appear to just have it, they get selected ahead of blokes with way more runs on the board. That's my take on Kelly. In terms of clearance mids, id want a balance of styles. My first choice centre square would be Grundy (I value his follow up wirk over Gawns superior tap work) Cripps to smash in. Dangerfield to smash in and burst from stoppages and Kelly to pounce on any loose balls and use his strength, pace and skill to hit up the forwards.

Cotchin in the top 10 midfielders in the league... maybe if you were talking about the top 10 overrated mids in the league! He's a seagull like Mitchell and Ablett... hang around the backs of packs and collect a lot of quick one two possessions.

I take it you don't watch a lot of football. Given what Carlton usually serves up, I don't blame you, but perhaps you should refrain from commenting on things you clearly don't understand.

My attempt on current form in no particular order

Danger
Fyfe
Rockliff
Brayshaw
Sloane
Treloar
Cripps
O’Meara
Macrae
Sheed

Who I think are the best 10? This one is personal opinion so go ahead and pick it to pieces

Danger
Fyfe
Bont
Cripps
JKelly
Sloane
Coniglio
Brayshaw
Gray
TMitchell

Cotchin in the top 10 midfielders in the league... maybe if you were talking about the top 10 overrated mids in the league! He's a seagull like Mitchell and Ablett... hang around the backs of packs and collect a lot of quick one two possessions.
Cotchin a seagull?
hang around the backs of packs and collect a lot of quick one two possessions?
Obvious troll.

Cotchin a seagull?
hang around the backs of packs and collect a lot of quick one two possessions?
Obvious troll.

Cotchin's a bit of a 'different' one.

I wouldn't call him one of the ten best mids based just on his output (although he wouldn't be that far off), but if you were putting together a team/midfield from scratch, he'd be in the first few I'd pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously you don't visit your own board that much after a loss.
We eat our own of course. The only thing Cotchin is elite on a footy field is getting the hard ball, the very opposite of what you suggested. 99% of football watchers would agree with me. So a strange post perhaps designed to wind us up.

Collingwood has one of the top midfields in the comp. But none of the midfielders are rated as being anywhere near the best in the comp.

It's because when you have shallow midfields, players like Cothcin and Dusty really stand out as being elite when they'd just be serviceable at best if they were to play in Collingwoods midfield these days.

Collingwood has one of the top midfields in the comp. But none of the midfielders are rated as being anywhere near the best in the comp.

It's because when you have shallow midfields, players like Cothcin and Dusty really stand out as being elite when they'd just be serviceable at best if they were to play in Collingwoods midfield these days.

Lol, because Higgins, Lambert, Prestia, Edwards, Caddy, Rioli, Grigg are no good. More premiership and brownlow medals in our midfield than yours champ. But congrats on the preliminaryship. I hope you got a t shirt. Win something of note, then compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collingwood's midfield had an armchair ride with Grundy taking Nankervis to the cleaners (for the first time - has been at least competitive previously), so let's not get too carried away. Previously Cotchin and Martin have played very well against Collingwood. Cotchin got 3 Brownlow votes against you this time last year (was equal 1st in the Brownlow up to round 6). We do have a shallowish midfield, especially the in tight ball winning types, but Cotchin's ability to carry the midfield on his own is his biggest problem not his talent. In a top midfield he would be a star.

Lol, because Higgins, Lambert, Prestia, Edwards, Caddy, Rioli, Grigg are no good. More premiership and brownlow medals in our midfield than yours champ. But congrats on the preliminaryship. I hope you got a t shirt. Win something of note, then compare.

Pretty sure that Sidebottom beams and Pendlebury are midfield premiership heros.

Cotchin is quite an outstanding player and person. He had a great year as a player only when he won the Brownlow and then struggled like the rest of the team when he got captaincy (not only his fault).

However, he managed to turn around his own game to make it into this conversation. He has very little support in the middle as an extractor. He probably needs someone else in there to help with that but in my opinion he was just as important if not more so than Martin in winning their flag and their great run last year.

Seagull? No. Troll comments should be removed.

Pretty sure that Sidebottom beams and Pendlebury are midfield premiership heros.

So against a team which has won more games than any other in the last two years, how they going? Who has more?
Enjoying the arrogance on display from a supporter base getting on board a Gary Lyon observation and drinking their own piss. Like i said, win something, then talk them up. But hey, i’m sure they’re good picks in “fantasy” football.

I take it you don't watch a lot of football. Given what Carlton usually serves up, I don't blame you, but perhaps you should refrain from commenting on things you clearly don't understand.
I watch probably as much football as you do. And I pay a lot of attention to players. Cotchin goes missing more than most "elite" mids. He is an average player at best!

Most of those players named are extremely average

Did chuckle at this.. Yes, most of that list are no good, at least in terms of being elite midfielders..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back