2nds 2019 Suns Reserves and NEAFL

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Ah Chee, Ainsworth, Thompson, Ellis, Wigg, Corbett, Lemmens, Scheer, GHS, Schoenfeld etc would help a bit.
They already knew Wigg and Thompson out for the rest of the season , why don't recruit more mature age players , now you have all the young kids get send packing in NEAFL until mid season draft ..

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Wow that demon player just run off Dawson and the whole defence.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Positive - 4th quarter effort .
Negative - lost to a part time ,height deficiency but a more skillful/structure team .

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
He was very clean. A bit difficult with so many kids on a team. It's a s**t system. Unless we have 17-19 listed players or can have mature top ups it's ridiculous.
But Sydney , Brisbane , GWS are fine or at least make it to NEAFL GF once . GC also allow to take two more mature body rookie than the other team but choose not to and take 18 years old Sam Fletcher, I want to blame the AFL but seriously GCS can take the two demons players that trial with Sydney preseason - Mitch Maguire (32 disposal , 1 goal )and Baker ( 32 disposal ) in this game and help out Will Brodie in the middle .

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
No, they are not fine. They are in the same situation like Suns when they get injuries. Problem is that we always have injuries.
They don't have two extra rookies spots like GCS , if you knew you got a lot of injuries at least Draft two of them through SPP. You can't said the system suck if GCS is the only them that can have two extra rookie A spots and choose not to use it . One cover for travel emergency and the other for injuries. A rookie B international like mason cox type, Irish , hugh Greenwood (basketball background) might also help the team instead of 18/19 years old GC academy players.

Last edited:

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They don't have two extra rookies spots like GCS , if you knew you got a lot of injuries at least Draft two of them through SPP. You can't said the system suck , if GCS is the only them that can have two extra rookie spot and choose not to use it . One cover for travel emergency and the other for injuries and another B rookie - Irish , American or GC sun academy .
Yes, not sure why we did not use available spots especially when I remember Evans wanted to use them. The only thing I can come up is that we could be creating salary cap space for next year free agent?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yes, not sure why we did not use available spots especially when I remember Evans wanted to use them. The only thing I can come up is that we could be creating salary cap space for next year free agent?
Why get free agent , you need to develop your players who want to play for you AFL /NeAFL , one player won't help much just look at Lynch , May . They stayed because of money not because they want to help build team culture .
2018 NeAFL GF Sydney vs southport
2017 NeAFL GF Brisbane Vs Sydney
2016 NeAFL GF GWS vs Sydney .

You need good role players in NEAFL to replace AFL players . Not just one superstar .

Last edited:

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No, they are not fine. They are in the same situation like Suns when they get injuries. Problem is that we always have injuries.

Look at Giants who got Sam Reid for neafl only and made him captain then ended up getting a permanent spot on the team

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
But Sydney , Brisbane , GWS are fine or at least make it to NEAFL GF once . GC also allow to take two more mature body rookie than the other team but choose not to and take 18 years old Sam Fletcher, I want to blame the AFL but seriously GCS can take the two demons players that trial with Sydney preseason - Mitch Maguire (32 disposal , 1 goal )and Baker ( 32 disposal ) in this game and help out Will Brodie in the middle .
We re-signed Ryan Lester to a 1 year contract, purely to play the Hodge role in our NEAFL team. But we've also been very lucky with injuries this year, with only one possible best 22 player out injured (Marcus Adams). So we had 6 mature players in our NEAFL team tonight, otherwise it's all 1 to 3 year kids, topped up with 4 of our U19 Academy kids.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
We re-signed Ryan Lester to a 1 year contract, purely to play the Hodge role in our NEAFL team. But we've also been very lucky with injuries this year, with only one possible best 22 player out injured (Marcus Adams). So we had 6 mature players in our NEAFL team tonight, otherwise it's all 1 to 3 year kids, topped up with 4 of our U19 Academy kids.
I am not saying this year , I am saying last year and 2017 you have a lot of senior players you delisted played in NEAFL final series or GF win. Of course your injuries list could increase if you play more kids against men in this year NEAFL competition .If I am not mistaken Oscar McInerney and Eagles are part of 2017 GF winning team with Clayn beam, Bastinac .
This year we only have round 1 data to look at .

Last edited:

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I am not saying this year , I am saying last year and 2017 you have a lot of senior players you delisted played in NEAFL final series or GF win. Of course your injuries list could increase if you play more kids against men in this year NEAFL competition .If I am not mistaken Oscar McInerney and Eagles are part of 2017 GF winning team with Clayn beam, Bastinac .
This year we only have round 1 data to look at .

That 2017 team has to be put in to perspective. It was full of mature age players we originally signed in 2014 and 2015 to protect our kids while they developed. We had a lot of bog ordinary mature players on our list that were signed to 3 year contracts, that were poor at AFL level, but to good for NEAFL level. Bastinac is the last of those players still on our list.

Noble and Fagan have slowly delisted them over the last 3 off seasons, as their contracts have expired. Bastinac and Eagles are the last two, and both have really upped their performances as they know they're playing for the careers this year.

Come the end of this year, were going to delisting a couple of half decent players in favour of keeping some of the younger kids who might still show something.

Lester, Bastinac, Eagles, Corey Lyons and Ben Keays are walking a fine line. It's even possible one or two players out of Lewey Taylor, Tom Cutler, Allen Christensen and Nick Robertson might not be offered a new contract.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
That 2017 team has to be put in to perspective. It was full of mature age players we originally signed in 2014 and 2015 to protect our kids while they developed. We had a lot of bog ordinary mature players on our list that were signed to 3 year contracts, that were poor at AFL level, but to good for NEAFL level. Bastinac is the last of those players still on our list.

Noble and Fagan have slowly delisted them over the last 3 off seasons, as their contracts have expired. Bastinac and Eagles are the last two, and both have really upped their performances as they know they're playing for the careers this year.

Come the end of this year, were going to delisting a couple of half decent players in favour of keeping some of the younger kids who might still show something.

Lester, Bastinac, Eagles, Corey Lyons and Ben Keays are walking a fine line. It's even possible one or two players out of Lewey Taylor, Tom Cutler, Allen Christensen and Nick Robertson might not be offered a new contract.
I would be delisting Lewis Taylor - if list spots are at a premium he is easily replaceable as he has no contested game and Lions have Cameron, McCarthy and Christiansen that can play those small forward positions.

Funny how he was the last player to try to hold the club to ransom for a big money deal and got called out for it. Timing is everything.

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back