2018 Grand Finalists - West Coast vs Collingwood ##Optus Stadium Friday 12th July## Round 17, 2019 ( Edited page 15 current discussion )

Who wins the rematch of the 2018 Grand Final between the Black and White Army and the Eagles

• Collingwood - They'll be too hungry with an added chip on their shoulder - Blowout Victory

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • West Coast - Dom Sheed will have a blinder and break their hearts at the death again

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • Pies in a close one

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Eagles to roll at the G winning comprehensively

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pumped for this game. Both these two teams are the most Jizz worthy in the AFL. Creamed my pants watching them play last season, Particularly in the finals.

Prediction - Who ever wins their dick will grow 10 inches and walk 6 feet taller.

Cracking first half of football. * the West Coast are all class. They took Collingwood's best punch early on and sat back, soaked it up resting on the ropes than BANG-BANG. One-two counter punch that rocked Collingwood. Eagles were laughing when it was only 10 odd points, then cut to under a goal. They settled and were right in it just like the Grand Final.

Some s**t umpiring each way. De Goey nailed the opener and was lucky to get the mark given due to the short distance the pass went. Ryan before that was in the same boat. Gaff fantastic in his return to footy and Cripps bagging 3 majors. De Goey is a gun as is Treloar who's two goals have kept the Pies in it after a second quarter onslaught. Cox has been a presence and should have kicked straighter, so too De Goey. Cox can't always deliver when it comes to set shots. If he could correct that he'd elevate his game to a new level.

Good game all in all and the Maggies right in it after being the better team in the first term then getting grossly outplayed in the 2nd.

2018 Grand Final revisited.

West Coast I take my hat off to you. Gutsy win. ******* tough as nails. Not easy facing a team who was hell bent on revenge. After another shaky start, Collingwood had no answer to the Eagles and Adam Simpson's multiple game plan.

Brilliant.

Poor collingwood seem to always get this one team they can't seem to beat when they are playing well. Just like Brisbane in 2002/03. West Coast just have too many great players and play so good as team. Imo only injuries are going to stop them going back to back. If they host their finals I can't see anyone else beating them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked to me like the Pies could have really used some one like Tom Lynch tonight.

West Coast clearly the best team going round right now, super impressive.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I still find we are a bit sloppy with decision making, the pies missed some chances too. its only round 3 a lot can change. The team that is hot right now is Brisbane loving their work

Yep. Important 4 points bit no more important than next week.

We lost an away game to bris that we won last year so we were behind the 8 ball to begin with.

We beat gws at home and pies at mcg last year so we need to keep winning to remain in touch with top 2.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

For mine

Why are we suddenly good in the mcg

Yup ...it’s similar to Optus

For years we played on very narrow ground where switching the ball was not a good idea.

We look so good now in the mcg and we play like we do at home ...it’s no coincidence That our first season at Optus delivers a flag

Just a cringe Tiger fan being cringey
Lol

I firmly believe why west coast beat pies

Our big backline is better than pies
Our forwards are better too

The midfields are very evenly matched but west coast bookends are much better

Degoey is 6ft ....he cant lead up the ground like Kennedy or darling does

Lol

I firmly believe why west coast beat pies

Our big backline is better than pies
Our forwards are better too

The midfields are very evenly matched but west coast bookends are much better

Degoey is 6ft ....he cant lead up the ground like Kennedy or darling does
West Coast's strengths counter every one of our strengths and that's why we're 0/4 in the last 15 or 20 games against you. We've very good in the air across the ground, but West Coast are better in the air. We play slow, patient footy and wait out our opposition, but West Coast close space and apply the pressure needed to force a turn over. Our forwards are potent in one-on-one contests, but West Coast's defenders are the best at one-on-one contests. Like Geelong, West Coast just strangle us by closing in on space whenever Collingwood have the footy. What we're better at than West Coast is running and quick transition, but if the Eagles close out our space going forward, we're forced to resort to kick to kick where the Eagles dominate aerially. Simply put if Collingwood are to put in a bid for the premiership, they're going to have to waddle around West Coast because I can't see things changing.

There's no getting around that back line. I don't know how Brisbane did it but I bet if the two sides played again, they wouldn't go that well next time around.

I consider West Coast's forward line not vulnerable, but beatable. Our defenders let Kennedy, Darling and Allen kick a combined five goals, and the resting Hickey slotted one too. It was Cripps and Sheed who murdered us. Cripps took Maynard, who has uncharacteristically struggled to contain his man this season, to the cleaners and Sheed's influence up forward was a result of our midfielders being lazy and refusing to get back and man up.

The midfields probably had an even battle last night. Collingwood's midfielders need to learn to get their hands dirty and quickly or else we're in big trouble. We're crying out for an in and under midfielder like Sier to combine with Adams and Treloar to provide the ball to Beams, Sidebottom and co. Watching so many talented midfielders concede so many centre clearances is a nightmare.

Our forwards are good in one-on-one contests but are all useless in pack situations, which Beams and a few others are yet to pick up on because frequently they kick long and high and it never gets marked. De Goey is the only forward doing what is required right now, the others are struggling with the delivery (Mihocek, Cox), with beating their men who don't give space (Elliott), or are completely lost with their changed roles (Thomas, Stephenson).

Back