Round 3 - All The Other Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Any team with a couple of half decent talls would beat us right now, which is basically every team in the comp.

I think Weid's will only go up from here. He was patchy early on with his accuracy, but I think that was just between the ears, which he's now seemingly gotten on top of. He's got an absolutely text book action, if i was a young player, I'd be modelling myself on him.
If I recall rightly his first year he was top notch in terms of accuracy - just at Casey rather than playing in senior games. He had a bit of a second year blues patch in a big way the following, but his natural ability in goal kicking is re-asserting itself. Good technique will always out. Best goal kicking action for Melbourne since, well, Jack Watts I suppose.

Jesus. The skills on display tonight, compared to our pack of fukterds! My oh my.
Skills, positioning, footy intelligence. I don't know how we get back to anything comparable with this in 2019.

It’s insane how bad we are compared to these two teams. What in sweet holy hell has actually happened?
what has clearly happened, as opposed to teams that have improved or held their ground, is that somehow we have lost any ability to spread and get a player in space, or lead. Hence our kicking to the free player is vomit because the player is space so rarely exists. Plus we have been dead ordinary in a whole lot of other pretty regulation fundamentals but its really not worth going into them.

Any team with a couple of half decent talls would beat us right now, which is basically every team in the comp.
I think the opposite you dont need any talls to beat us. Our mids bomb it in and our forwards spoil each other then no one with pace to chase. The other end our defenders dont take marks so when it hits the deck once again we are too slow down and our mids dont spread or dont cover defensively especially our "wingers". So id say you want to beat us all you need is pace

what has clearly happened, as opposed to teams that have improved or held their ground, is that somehow we have lost any ability to spread and get a player in space, or lead. Hence our kicking to the free player is vomit because the player is space so rarely exists. Plus we have been dead ordinary in a whole lot of other pretty regulation fundamentals but its really not worth going into them.
Right, those are the symptoms.so what the * is the cause?

While that one probably wasn't a free kick, Lachie Neale will be right up there in the Brownlow after 3 rounds, he's been phenomenal for Brisbane so far.
Brisbane are looking good * me they can score quick. they have so many players with speed its cutting teams up. still spewing we ended up with Lewis and not Hodge he is exactly what we need an actual on field leader. we'd be so much better set up with actual leaders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane are looking good **** me they can score quick. they have so many players with speed its cutting teams up. still spewing we ended up with Lewis and not Hodge he is exactly what we need an actual on field leader. we'd be so much better set up with actual leaders
Sadly it wasn't an option ... when we got Lewis, Hodge was still at Hawthorn, and his close relationship with Chris Fagan was what got him out of retirement to go there.

Might have been a better option to straight swap Hogan for Neale?
It might have been, if it were an option at all, which it wasn't. About as likely as straight swapping Hogan for Fyfe really.

Also I have a small wager on Brisbane to finish top four. I don’t even know if that’s after finals or based on the ladder. But what do you guys think my chances are?

Also I have a small wager on Brisbane to finish top four. I don’t even know if that’s after finals or based on the ladder. But what do you guys think my chances are?

Pretty bloody low. 3 games is a really small sample size and an AFL season is brutal, young sided fade hard.

Loved north last week. Feeling a bit gun shy on them now as a result. But I’ll probably end up giving them a go.

They are completely middle of the road side. They'll win about half their games. Cause some upsets and drop some easy ones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back