Suns in the Media - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Am I reading this correctly that Steven May had skin folds in the 80s last year? And now our entire list has skinfolds under 50?

Sounds like May is a little bit full of it. He’s being bagged a bit on social media from numerous individuals. His Melbourne career is off to a flyer...
Yes, he was one lazy fat captain, full of himself.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Am I reading this correctly that Steven May had skin folds in the 80s last year? And now our entire list has skinfolds under 50?

Sounds like May is a little bit full of it. He’s being bagged a bit on social media from numerous individuals. His Melbourne career is off to a flyer...

It’s a pretty unique situation where the WAGS of a club run the captain out of town for being a total slime bag.
Makes me pretty proud.

Not going to lie I was originally upset when May and Lynch left but to be honest it’s been the best possible thing for our club that could’ve happened. The morale of our team has shifted and the players appear to be enjoying their footy now as well. Seems to be a lot of positivity within the group now. When I think of it all I remember seeing May do on the field last year was spraying our younger players.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Maybe May should have looked after himself in the off season lol So glad pies never got him. Better off with Roughead. And the suns are so much better off as well.
As much as I dislike Eddie Collingwood has a wonderful team, my tip to win it this year. That was a great performance against Richmond. Last year your defence was a weak link, not this year. Moore, Roughead, Howe,... are great unit.

As much as I dislike Eddie Collingwood has a wonderful team, my tip to win it this year. That was a great performance against Richmond. Last year your defence was a weak link, not this year. Moore, Roughead, Howe,... are great unit.
Yeah, our weakness last year was the backline, but with Moore and Rough; that fills that. I was very proud of how we dismantled Richmond last week. As always, I take it one week at a time. I just hope to get over West Coast tomorrow, which I think we can.

But thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated!

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

bagged on social media by who exactly?
for what? is this is off field habits?

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Was getting smashed on SEN yesterday and triple m last night lol welcome to Melbourne media Steven

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
bagged on social media by who exactly?
for what? is this is off field habits?

As JRyan said all the twitter posts are full of it on him, as well as 3AW and SEN talking about him a fair bit and Matty Lloyd and Gary Lyon in particular being critical.

It’s interesting to see the comments on Twitter. A lot have been supportive of us in this situation, saying we look like we are covering the ground well and a lot fitter than May looks. It really hasn’t been a good look for him. That may have been our standard with his as captain, but sure as hell isnt acceptable under Rigby, Swallow and Witts.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not going to lie I was originally upset when May and Lynch left but to be honest it’s been the best possible thing for our club that could’ve happened. The morale of our team has shifted and the players appear to be enjoying their footy now as well. Seems to be a lot of positivity within the group now. When I think of it all I remember seeing May do on the field last year was spraying our younger players.
absolutely i was being criticized last year for saying these things. and the clubs efforts and fitness this year shows how committed they are to thier craft.

recent comments by melbourne people about what the standards are from the suns regarding may is laughable as we are one of the fittest teams in the comp

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Yeah, our weakness last year was the backline, but with Moore and Rough; that fills that. I was very proud of how we dismantled Richmond last week. As always, I take it one week at a time. I just hope to get over West Coast tomorrow, which I think we can.

But thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated!
Pies are a very strong team but it does erk me that they constantly get topped up with free agents, same with the bombers, cats and hawks. Some dodgy deals with players family getting jobs and free cars that makes it impossible for small clubs to compete

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
For those who don’t know skin folds I asked my mate who was close to being drafted and plays VFL. He said around 60 is where an AFL footballer should be, but for all of our players to be under 50, is outrageous.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was thinking guys like Caleb graham and crossley will have some puppy fat. Apparently not!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pies are a very strong team but it does erk me that they constantly get topped up with free agents, same with the bombers, cats and hawks. Some dodgy deals with players family getting jobs and free cars that makes it impossible for small clubs to compete
Not sure who the last free agent pies got. Only big profile guys we managed to get is Adam Treloar.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
you have picked up (not just free agents) various players over recent years. Mayne, Crisp, Beams, Adams, Roughead, Howe, Treloar, Beams, Varcoe, Wells, Aish, Greenwood.
Well technically Beams left, and then went back. They didn’t pick up two Beams.

And Aish is very, very soft.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Don't be deceived. Collingwood tried to recruit Lynch and May last year. They are no better than Richmond, Melbourne or Geelong just because they failed in their pursuit for our captains.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Not sure who the last free agent pies got. Only big profile guys we managed to get is Adam Treloar.
I don’t want to fight with you you’re a good egg, off the top of my heads Players include Howe, Aish, Treloar, Wells, Varcoe, Mayne, Roughead, Hoskin-Elliot. Point I am making is a selfish one where small clubs like ours lose players to big Melbourne clubs, Lynch, May, OMeara, Prestia. It’s a constant degradation for us and a constant windfall for the big 4 on Vic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back