Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Much ado about nothing.

The General's future is all about his rehab. He dropped weight to put less pressure on his knees.

I though he might struggle to find the motivation to continue, albeit the third ACL is the other knee.Reports are positive though.

Fingers crossed his rehab goes well and he will re-sign with us at the end of next year.

This is one if those lazy BS stories from journo's looking for the next Scully. The difference is Scullywanted to go to the Hawks.

We've never been reluctant to play 3 tall forwards, particularly a second ruck as Patton can be. We're actually light for tall forward depth anyway.

The story from The club is he didn't want to go last year, and no-one was pushed. Not even Finlayson who the club did suggest look around. He stayed and has played both games this year.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Last edited:

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Plus Finlayson. I reckon he’s gone.
The club asked Finlayson to look around last year and he stayed.it seems to have been the wake up call he needed. His defensive effort still isn't top shelf but it's improved a lot this season.
He has two years to run on his contract and I cant see him keaving frankly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Looking like he will be moving for a scully type deal , GWS dont need him and with the knee injuries they wont get alot for him so Hawks could get a bargain

But would suit the Pies also

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Looking like he will be moving for a scully type deal , GWS dont need him and with the knee injuries they wont get alot for him so Hawks could get a bargain

But would suit the Pies also
Why would we be doing that exactly? Because you think it should happen? We made made a structural adjustment last year, and very credible sources suggest the General simply didn't want to go.

The myth that the club dumped or pushed out players is absurd. Aside from the fact the club has no ability to do that with contracted players, they can simply decline, it would negatively impact the playing group to see that unfold.

The one player the club did suggest look at options was Finlayson, and he stayed. He's knuckled down and worked on his defensive weakness and played every game this year. Clearly there's been no pressure or manipulation to get him out.

If the General wants to stay, and it seems he does, then he will. Fingers crossed his rehab goes well. He's an important player when fit, particularly as Flynn has faltered a bit, and Briggs needs time.

From the Players' Voice article posted a while ago he seems very settled in Sydney and it sounds like he'll live there when he retires. From a football point of view it makes sense for him to move and the Scully/Ahern precedents show anything could happen.

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Too injury prone, wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
I read the exact same thing said by Essendon supporters when Burgoyne chose the Hawks over them.

Rinse and repeat when JOM chose the Hawks and would not even take Essendons phone calls.

The kid has been unlucky and I for one hope he gets a decent run at it. If it’s with the Hawks then great but if not I hope the kid has a change of luck.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Burgoyne played 157 games for Port and hit his peak there. Only really had one injury affected year.

I'm surprised that Patton has played 89 games, did not think it would be that many. Was injured early on but put two full seasons together in 16/17 and did pretty well. I reckon he'd attract plenty of interest just not huge money and trade compo. Considering he's expressed no desire to move probably better for GWS to keep him.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
If the Hawks are interested then that's good news for him, They know he's fixable thus the interest.
I dont think anyone knows if he's "fixable". What we know is he's had two reconstructions on one knee and us now rehabbing his first on the other. That's sad.

We know he's lost weigth this time to try and reduce future stress on his knees.

It was interesting hearing Lids speak on our weekly podcast about his calves. Obviously you get thebl best medical advice but he's also looking hard at his training regime, and has even tried changing his brand of boots in the search for an answer to his calves.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I dont think anyone knows if he's "fixable". What we know is he's had two reconstructions on one knee and us now rehabbing his first on the other. That's sad.

We know he's lost weigth this time to try and reduce future stress on his knees.

It was interesting hearing Lids speak on our weekly podcast about his calves. Obviously you get thebl best medical advice but he's also looking hard at his training regime, and has even tried changing his brand of boots in the search for an answer to his calves.
Lids is cooked , He has been struggling now for 4 years and unfortunately his calf's dont look to be letting him do what he is capable of doing.
shame was a gun in full flight

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Way to injury prone and has only proved to be an ok afl player.
He would be a good pick up for North.
Take some pressure of Ben Brown and would come cheap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back