The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t think they’re that much better than many thought going into the season. Beat the suns down here by a point and then capitalised on the bombers not handiling the pressure put on the club.

I still think they're good enough to win 1 of their 19 remaining games which should be plenty to avoid the spoon.

You said the saints getting 1 more win from 2-1 start will be plenty to avoid the spoon. Which means the side who finishes last must get 2 or less wins doesn’t it?

Sure. What I'm saying is that the Saints will get to 3 wins (and then some) and you are not getting to 4, meaning unless you think you will suffer less beltings than the Saints, you're finishing below them.

In fact given the Saints and Suns are already 2-1 I'm really not sure who else is likely to be up for the spoon except the Blues.

Sure. What I'm saying is that the Saints will get to 3 wins (and then some) and you are not getting to 4, meaning unless you think you will suffer less beltings than the Saints, you're finishing below them.

In fact given the Saints and Suns are already 2-1 I'm really not sure who else is likely to be up for the spoon except the Blues.
North?

Lose next week and I agree. Win and it’s suns 2-2 carlton 1-3 can’t see how it can be a clear favourite for last one game behind with 18 to play

Lose next week and I agree. Win and it’s suns 2-2 carlton 1-3 can’t see how it can be a clear favourite for last one game behind with 18 to play

Neither of those teams is the Saints who this conversation was about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With them losing on the weekend they are a big chance to also be 2-2 after 4 rounds

Solid insight.

I hear they're also a chance to be 3-1. Neither of which is 0-4.

A big chance to be 2-2 is what I said so yeah bit more solid insight than anything you've contributed the past 12 hours
Hahaha.

Mate they're 2-1 and you're saying with a straight face that they're a chance to be 2-2. Thanks for the news flash.

You're funny sometimes.

They started last year in reasonable form too so I'm expecting it to drop off a bit after 4-5 rounds but who knows, might have deeper tanks.
Yeah this, it seems as if GC normally have a good first 4 weeks or so of the season and then they fall off a cliff. For their sake hope they can turn that trend around

still kind of surprised a deliberate elbow can only get a 1 game ban

Considering a punch to the gut that drops someone running past way off the ball isn't forceful enough for a suspension, I'm surprised they even gave him a week.

Considering a punch to the gut that drops someone running past way off the ball isn't forceful enough for a suspension, I'm surprised they even gave him a week.
I’m surprised they gave Dusty a week considering Tom Mitchell got off for basically doing the exact same thing last year.

Been impressed with us so far after a dodgy premiership hangover in round one. Beat two really good teams in GWS and Collingwood.

With Richmond's injuries and form and Melbourne being complete trash so far, back to back is looking a decent chance. Geelong and Collingwood should be thereabouts and GWS are a good side.

Already beaten two of those sides though and still have Nic Nat to come back in. Plus Rioli too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back