Review Round 3 vs Bulldogs @ Marvel Stadium. Sunday 2:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at supanova most of the day. I was tempted to head to the game, but would have felt bad for leaving my friend. But kept an eye on the scores til I got home. Then saw the last quarter. Man was I stressed that last 3 minutes.

Good win! Two in a row. Which makes me feel much better after my pies lost last night. Got some happiness in this round at least.

Jack take a *in Bowe... this MF is for real.. so much time... im tippin him esrly for the b'n f.. maybe Harbrow...
But everyone is contributing, you get a sense that noone feels intimidated by their team mates..
Is anyone noticing Harbrow taking overhead msrks and then also not shanking kicks..
Kudos to the match committee for selecting the right team... doesnt matter where u get drafted, just follow the team values.. like not complaining about the umps! Seriously, we were getting beaten to the ball, s**t happens... odd bad call, wemt both ways... Bullies played very well we were just too good... Collins was immense

Jack take a ****in Bowe... this MF is for real.. so much time... im tippin him esrly for the b'n f.. maybe Harbrow...
But everyone is contributing, you get a sense that noone feels intimidated by their team mates..
Is anyone noticing Harbrow taking overhead msrks and then also not shanking kicks..
Kudos to the match committee for selecting the right team... doesnt matter where u get drafted, just follow the team values.. like not complaining about the umps! Seriously, we were getting beaten to the ball, s**t happens... odd bad call, wemt both ways... Bullies played very well we were just too good... Collins was immense
Maybe you've had a few more Bundys than me - but like where your coming from...Suns are great - our players are brilliant and Carlton have a problem next Sunday...!!

absolutely im normally pretty relaxed with umpiring but today has been atrocious. id love to know what our umpiring mate SUNS has to say about it?

Haha. Funnily enough, in the first half when we were something like 16-4 down I thought MOST of the decisions were ok.

But then in the second half there were some that appeared to be howlers watching live. I'll watch the replay and make up my mind

Haha. Funnily enough, in the first half when we were something like 16-4 down I thought MOST of the decisions were ok.

But then in the second half there were some that appeared to be howlers watching live. I'll watch the replay and make up my mind
Typical umpire :)

Where’s the old SUNS outrage

The one that mattered was when the umpire blew the whistle for a Bulldog mark which clearly wasn't, he realised his mistake so calls play on despite Harbrow stopping. They score a goal and changed the momentum.
The other one was Jack Martin making the play gets tackled as he's going over the boundary, the umpire up close has no issue but the one 100 meters away does.....pinged for holding the ball, it's raced down the other end for a goal. 27-12 count didn't annoy me but the dubious ones at crucial times that got them on a roll and back into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one that mattered was when the umpire blew the whistle for a Bulldog mark which clearly wasn't, he realised his mistake so calls play on despite Harbrow stopping. They score a goal and changed the momentum.
The other one was Jack Martin making the play gets tackled as he's going over the boundary, the umpire up close has no issue but the one 100 meters away does.....pinged for holding the ball, it's raced down the other end for a goal. 27-12 count didn't annoy me but the dubious ones at crucial times that got them on a roll and back into it.

I have always been pretty level headed towards umpires haha!

Hello Suns fans.

This could be my first contribution to your Forum? (or not..... I can't really remember because I an getting old and stupid).

Anyway, in all sincerity, I come in peace.

Well done to your guys on showing some real guts not only in registering a stirring away win but in the way they have applied themselves in the three games this season. They are within two scroungy points of a share of the top of the ladder.

The talk about the Suns not winning a game in Season 2019 was always just plain stupid in my opinion

You may well be a better club without your erstwhile "superstars" (Ablett, Lynch, May.....etc)

Let's hope the form line form our clubs continues.

If so, the "Q Clash" in Round will 6 will be an absolute belter.

Heard the game on the radio and then watched a replay last night
First off - you bloody ripper
Giving it to the melbourne media who just start to notice us. Think it is appalling how commentators - looking at you EDDIE! don't even know our players - Jack Bowes (like cows) for the first half.

- Midfielders: Just competes - Against a very good bulldogs midfield, clearly took the cake in the first quarter when we won the game and competed manfully thereafter. All played well. Martin BOG

- Defenders: Talk about competes? Hombsch fantastic, beat last weeks hero Schache hands down and was able to leave him and help out in other contests numerous times. Used the ball well out of defence. Collins, intercept marks great - his opponent Naughton one of the Bulldogs best but chopped off many WB forays forward. Harbrow didn't lose a 1v1 contest i can remember. Weller and Hanley excellent drive. Ballard a little out of sorts but still did ok. Joyce turning his body into a mans body. Played a good game.

- Forwards: Wright best on in qtr 1 when we won the game. Burgess competed all game, ball came to ground every contest he was in. DMac, competitive beast tackled hard. Sexton good game. Swallow, bobbing up for crucial goals.

Don't think anyone played poorly. Team effort. Well done.

There is something seriously special brewing at this club no matter how many wins or losses we have this season. I've never seen such a noticeable change in a teams grit, consistency and cohesion in one off season. Not to mention our fitness is incredible for such a young team. Exciting times ahead, I'm gonna be extra rowdy at Metricon this week.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is something seriously special brewing at this club no matter how many wins or losses we have this season. I've never seen such a noticeable change in a teams grit, consistency and cohesion in one off season. Not to mention our fitness is incredible for such a young team. Exciting times ahead, I'm gonna be extra rowdy at Metricon this week.

All of the above and a noticeable improvement of our footskills too. We can now keep possession and it's been a while since we have gone by 73% DE.
I was a critic of Weller at times, but his kicking off half back in the first half was top shelf. The quick bang on your boot has gone and even Harbs is keeping possession too.

This could be a close game but come on .. JLT?

Dogs did not even try in that mickey mouse stuff, as results have shown so far. Didn't even play a forward line

A 5 point win to the Suns in the JLT, aaaaaaaand a 5 point win to the Suns in the real stuff. :oops:

It's the team connection /bonding for the first time is being transferred to the on field. And all the boys want to be at the Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back