Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly is worth a Top 10 pick easily. Not going to be easy for eagles but im sure the deal will get done but what about the $$$$
Kelly Turns 25 in june and wont have the option of getting the big dollars as a free agent further down the line and he will be looking to make the most out of the next 5-7 years and freo might be the better fit with this in mind.

Kelly is worth a Top 10 pick easily. Not going to be easy for eagles but im sure the deal will get done but what about the $$$$
Kelly Turns 25 in june and wont have the option of getting the big dollars as a free agent further down the line and he will be looking to make the most out of the next 5-7 years and freo might be the better fit with this in mind.
He rejected Freo last year and can’t see that changing.

Eagles will get it done.

2019 First + 2nd Rounder we got from Sydney

Kelly + 2020 3rd Rounder

Geelong won't find it fair value at all but Kelly is uncontracted and wants to go home. They had their chance to maximize value when he was contracted last year.

If we put numbers to that ... one would expect WC to be top4 and Sydney top 8 maybe just.

So a guess but something like P16 and P29 ... for Kelly and P48. And of course WC may finish better than that ..they did last year.

No doubt some will not be happy with that and West Coast will get very good deal. If West Coast and Sydney had a bad year it would make it a lot more palatable..Unlikely to be quickly done deal for that imo.

I’d say 2nd rounders would be a fair price. If not a 1st and a third, with Geelong’s 2nd round to head west.
Look that's what I think it's worth as well.
Geelong gets West Coast 1st round pick and there 2nd round pick
West Coast gets Tim Kelly and Geelong 3rd round pick....
Lol but we are all keyboard warriors on this view..

Look that's what I think it's worth as well.
Geelong gets West Coast 1st round pick and there 2nd round pick
West Coast gets Tim Kelly and Geelong 3rd round pick....
Lol but we are all keyboard warriors on this view..

As the saying goes” what do arseholes and opinions have in common? Everyone has one!

Kelly will either stay at Geelong or go to Freo I reckon. I've watched WCE the last couple of weeks, they don't really need him, or at least they don't need him enough to have to pay anywhere near what he's worth.

Kelly will either stay at Geelong or go to Freo I reckon. I've watched WCE the last couple of weeks, they don't really need him, or at least they don't need him enough to have to pay anywhere near what he's worth.
I think if that's the choice then Kelly will probably stay at Geelong as from what I've heard there are personal issues as to why he doesn't want to go to Freo??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are pretty fair traders I’d say our first rounder and swans second would be a min

You are kidding right? Two mid 20's picks is "maximising value"? He's appear to have gone to another level again now. If he's comfortable going to Freo which may well now be the case then we should be able to get a better deal than what we were offered last year AND have the benefit of him playing for us this year.
Freo and Bell are massive tightarses when it comes to trading...see the Hogan deal, we got reamed. WC seem much more reasonable, hope Kelly somehow changes his mind though and stays.

Freo and Bell are massive tightarses when it comes to trading...see the Hogan deal, we got reamed. WC seem much more reasonable, hope Kelly somehow changes his mind though and stays.

What did you receive in that deal? They had their first pick (from memory it was 10 or 11) on the table for us if Kelly was prepared to move there at one stage. We apparently would have accepted that. At the time that was a fair deal.

We are pretty fair traders I’d say our first rounder and swans second would be a min
Why give that up when you don't have to?

It's the same situation that we found ourselves in when Ebert left where you nominate one club and they get what they're given.

As long as the pick we give up is below Freo's second pick then that's what the cost is. That's assuming that Freo don't use their first pick on him.

Melb trade for may was the shocker. Makes the trade look a lot worse.

You still got 6 and 23 for a player with a lot of off field issues that made him an on field risk. It wasnt brilliant but it wasnt terrible.

Why give that up when you don't have to?

It's the same situation that we found ourselves in when Ebert left where you nominate one club and they get what they're given.

As long as the pick we give up is below Freo's second pick then that's what the cost is. That's assuming that Freo don't use their first pick on him.

Thats assuming Kelly is even prepared to enter the draft though.

At the end of the season it's kelly's call now he isn't contracted . Like shiel last year cats had the opportunity to get maximum trade value when he was contracted . Now kelly will get to nominate his club of choice and even move back to perth before the trade is even done knowing his time is up at geelong .

Wce dont need many more young draftees . We have 17 players under 22 years on our list already so our first and maybe 2nd should be on the table .

That is unless we can get coniglio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back