Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true and is a massive risk for him to take.

It would only happen if a deal couldn't be struck between the two sides, which I think it will.

I agree.

Why give that up when you don't have to?

It's the same situation that we found ourselves in when Ebert left where you nominate one club and they get what they're given.

As long as the pick we give up is below Freo's second pick then that's what the cost is. That's assuming that Freo don't use their first pick on him.
Not quite, Ebert was before future pick trading. West Coast have this year and next year's first to play with, plus two second rounders this year as well as next year's. Some combination of that should get the deal done, possibly with some change coming back.

Cats finally doing whats needed behind the scenes.

They will be bending backwards and doing backflips to get Kaitlin on side.

I suspect both sides have learned a lot in the last year. Both sides made mistakes & are working on making things better for the other. Not saying they will stay, but Caitlin seems a lot happier this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I suspect both sides have learned a lot in the last year. Both sides made mistakes & are working on making things better for the other. Not saying they will stay, but Caitlin seems a lot happier this year.

She does and as evidenced by her social media posts, she seems to be getting along really well with Tim's teammates and other players' partners. Big change from 12 months ago.

Oh Im sure its that simple.

Its not like the players wife was unhappy with the level of support they were receiving right?

Why do anything differently if everyone is so happy!
I love me a good tale. You seem to have so much insider knowledge, tell us what Gryan Miers has for breakfast tomorrow.

8 more coaches votes for his game against the Crows, taking him to a total of 26 and currently ranked the MVP by the coaches.

It looks like Geelong got it right turning down the trade last year and have got a lot right since to get this level of performance out of him. Also massive credit to Kelly for putting his best foot forward when some players would've sulked at not being traded.

Cats finally doing whats needed behind the scenes.

They will be bending backwards and doing backflips to get Kaitlin on side.

Both sides are working hard to be happy. Kelly's family seem to be out and about more which is good and the club is helping them to settle in. I don't think they really went out in the first year here which didn't help. Hopefully they really give this year a solid chance, really put themselves out there to make it work. I can't hate them if they really try and can't make it work.

Keeps playing like this he may give the brownlow a shake.

Seems some supporters don't rate on the WC board. This year he is average 9 clearance a game and would likely be the first midfielder picked on form at WC. He is not a flashy outside player. He is a genuine ball winner who has adjusted to the pace of the game and is really hitting targets with his kicking now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeps playing like this he may give the brownlow a shake.

Seems some supporters don't rate on the WC board. This year he is average 9 clearance a game and would likely be the first midfielder picked on form at WC. He is not a flashy outside player. He is a genuine ball winner who has adjusted to the pace of the game and is really hitting targets with his kicking now.
Shuey, Yeo, Sheed, Gaff, Coniglio, Redden - who is he going to replace out of them?

Redden easily.

And what do we do with Redden? Contracted for another couple of years and playing good footy. It's not like the NBA where we can just say 'right Geelong you can have a pick + Redden/whoever'.

You can make the argument that Kelly is better than him (or anyone in the league as seems to be the case lately) but we're not going to turf Redden to the WAFL and he's not particularly valuable as a half forward.

Right now Geelong are playing great footy with Kelly (and others) playing a lot of time in the centre and Ablett/Dangerfield forward, Selwood on the wing etc. and that's great, but it's also a new structure because Geelong over the last couple of seasons haven't been good enough when it mattered. We won the flag last year and just beat Collingwood with their alleged GOAT midfield, so our structure right now is working fine. Kelly would absolutely add to it, but we're not going to change the whole setup just to accommodate him.

IMO ideally if Kelly joined WC he would start at HF and play a 50/50 midfield role similar to Dangerfield. Masten is 30 this year and a bit s**t, Shuey 29. Kelly would eventually take over their midfield duties. Shuey would be a useful forward if he slows down, Masten will probably just go out of the side. But that's just my opinion on how we should use a player we don't have.

And what do we do with Redden? Contracted for another couple of years and playing good footy. It's not like the NBA where we can just say 'right Geelong you can have a pick + Redden/whoever'.

You can make the argument that Kelly is better than him (or anyone in the league as seems to be the case lately) but we're not going to turf Redden to the WAFL and he's not particularly valuable as a half forward.

Right now Geelong are playing great footy with Kelly (and others) playing a lot of time in the centre and Ablett/Dangerfield forward, Selwood on the wing etc. and that's great, but it's also a new structure because Geelong over the last couple of seasons haven't been good enough when it mattered. We won the flag last year and just beat Collingwood with their alleged GOAT midfield, so our structure right now is working fine. Kelly would absolutely add to it, but we're not going to change the whole setup just to accommodate him.

IMO ideally if Kelly joined WC he would start at HF and play a 50/50 midfield role similar to Dangerfield. Masten is 30 this year and a bit s**t, Shuey 29. Kelly would eventually take over their midfield duties. Shuey would be a useful forward if he slows down, Masten will probably just go out of the side. But that's just my opinion on how we should use a player we don't have.

Yep Tim Kelly if we get him would be on the Half forward or maybe wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back