Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

D3iQOVlUIAA67bA.jpg

If nobody's gonna sing his praises, I will.

I thought he was brilliant today. Real tenacity at the footy in defence and provided some good run and hit his targets.

Took a run out of full back when the game was cooked and got pinged but I assume thats the coaching panel in panic mode.

I like Jasper on the whole but 20 uncontested possessions with the vast majority of them 20m lateral isn't something to celebrate. But he's doing as he's told i suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played well vs Hawthorn. Ample cover for Marley.

I rate his game worth well ahead of MacMillan. Pittard has no issue with the physical stuff and while he turns it over sometimes it's usually as a result of far more potentially damaging moves.
Exactly. It's what some fail to release. He reminds me of suckling in that regard. Yes he's going to turn it over, but he is capable of spotting someone up in the middle with a cross field kick. Others won't even attempt it and often fail at the basics. No different to his dash - yes he might get caught from time to time but it's far better having someone that keeps trying than an Atley type that is too scared to try it again.

I've heard that he's leading our B+F at the moment too.

He’s playing with composure and desperation and it’s fantastic. The next step for Jasper will be to slowly reintegrate some of that line breaking run he was known for at his peak. It’s been great to see him shelve that initially as his slump at Port was characterised by panicking and attacking blindly in the face of pressure. It takes guts and maturity to calm down and take responsibility with your disposal.

If he brings that back into his game, albeit with a more calculated and composed mindset, he’ll be pretty much the complete package as a medium defender.

Thought he was close to our best yeserday, some of that intercept marking was elite.

He has been solid down back, he usually doesn't panic with the ball in hand, it is a shame everyone else around him isn't giving him much support.

He has been solid down back, he usually doesn't panic with the ball in hand, it is a shame everyone else around him isn't giving him much support.

16th in the side for turnovers.

Yet his defensive partners in crime are #1 MacMillan, #2 Williams, #6 McDonald who are all either top 10 or top 50 in the AFL in the stat.

Shows how good he's been in comparison with the ball in the same situations.

Averages 20 @ 85%.

He's our second best 1%er, and our second best intercept behind MacMillan, BUT he's accountable for an opponent!

We got him for NOTHING!

Sensational start Jasper, keep it going.

I'm happy to hear that ruthlessness is what gave him his best year (in 2016 i think) and he's just going back to that as a point of reference and its working a treat.

Honestly didn't expect anything of him and was willing to give him a clean slate like all new players deserve and he hasn't disappointed so far.

Him & Marley compliment each other as defensive players well and can cover for each others spots when one of them is out.

Keep it up Jasper, you're doing good stuff so far.

16th in the side for turnovers.

Yet his defensive partners in crime are #1 MacMillan, #2 Williams, #6 McDonald who are all either top 10 or top 50 in the AFL in the stat.

Shows how good he's been in comparison with the ball in the same situations.
Exactly. Great stat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back