Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows board trying to say that we overpaid for 5 and if Port weren’t At 5 he would’ve slipped to 8 at least......

At Chayce Jones' current rate, he'll have kicked as many goals by Round 15 as Rozee kicked last night alone. Enjoy your salt, Crows fans.

I reckon more than a few over there know better.

What surprised me a bit with last year's trade period was that Adelaide weren't as aggressive as I thought they would be. With their revolving door of players, they usually end up with decent picks and they could most certainly have traded their way to a higher first pick. but it was us that went balls first to get that pick 5 and land Rozee.

Adelaide isn't a Connor Rozee away from getting back to where they want to be.

The issue was that we were already losing Polec who was worth more than McGovern, and we had already planned to hit this draft hard by accumulating second and third round picks of high value that we could combine with a first round pick to upgrade it.

Adelaide only had three first round picks to make a deal with - the value of which was higher than what the upgrade from 8 to 5 would have been.

They couldn't be aggressive because of what had happened before with Gibbs.

Crows board trying to say that we overpaid for 5 and if Port weren’t At 5 he would’ve slipped to 8 at least......

Can we develop some policy on minimum number of posts/posters needed to constitute “Crows board (or otherwise) are saying...” Because one derpmerchant with an outlandish opinion isn’t news/representative

So far from the little i have seen Rozee has to be the best find of the draft, i could be wrong but i like him very much as a lad who knows how to concentrate on his football. One of the disturbing things about Wingard he seemed to be to self absorbed and in my mind was always going to be questionable. Maybe the Hawks will help him out but Rozee definitely in front atm. A long way to go yet but lets hope he can keep up the work. He seems to do it with class and a bit left over.

Adelaide isn't a Connor Rozee away from getting back to where they want to be.

The issue was that we were already losing Polec who was worth more than McGovern, and we had already planned to hit this draft hard by accumulating second and third round picks of high value that we could combine with a first round pick to upgrade it.

Adelaide only had three first round picks to make a deal with - the value of which was higher than what the upgrade from 8 to 5 would have been.

They couldn't be aggressive because of what had happened before with Gibbs.

Adelaide ended up using picks 9, 16, 30 & 64 in the 2018 draft and had traded their pick 19 and 2019 R1 for Carlton's 2019 R1 pick. To me that looks like holding back and aiming for the 2019 draft. They had enough ammo for the 2018 draft imo.

Your 2018 draft was ******* ridiculous. Butters, Dursma and Rozee looked like whippets out there but there were killing it. Incredible touch. Genuine footballers.

Bad luck tonight guys. I genuinely feel like we committed larceny there. We were not the better team on the night. Don’t really feel like watching the replay tbh.

That's what eagles fans said to us twice in 12 months to us amongst other sides we are used to losing games we should of won ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wound up on the losing team but Port Adelaide draftee Connor Rozee's five-goal display against Brisbane was first-class.

Well that's this week's AFL rising star nomination sorted.

"If there's a better first-year player play this round they probably deserve it," Power coach Ken Hinkley said when asked if he expects Rozee to join Charlie Constable and Bailey Scott as rising star nominees so far this year.

Lions coach Chris Fagan was certainly impressed.
"It was exciting to watch him play, he's a great recruit," Fagan said.
"He didn't kick them all on one of our defenders, he kicked them on various of our defenders and he just attacked the ball so well and finished off well. Credit to him, Port have got a beauty there."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/rozee-blooms-despite-port-s-afl-loss

If there was a gambling game and you were asked if you would swap Rozee with any other from the same draft after the first three rounds I would without hesitation hold my hand.

I knew he'd have a breakout game like that at some point but thought it would be next year. The fact he did that in his 3rd game is ridiculous. Kids a freak
Yep, that was my thoughts too. I have posted before that I reckon the other three lads will outshine him initially, but that he was a slower burn that would end up the biggest star. But Saturday was an early WOW moment for me. Not sure if it showed up on TV, but at the ground his presence was just immense. Even besides the 5 goals, his performance on Saturday was elite!

I can't remember the exact time but there was a loose ball in our forward line where Rozee was about 1-2m behind his opponent and in a flash he sped past and easily got there first. Has serious wheels.

It wasn't just the goals. The chase downs, evasion in traffic, quick hands, decision making.
It was all elite

Yep. That was as complete a forward performance as you'll see from anyone, let alone an 18 year old.

We also got a bit lucky. The team that wanted Polec had a first round NGA kid, so North's first round pick was reduced in value to North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back