Petition to sack Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I wrote a letter once to Greg Miller in 96 about the merge and how it was broken on the Footy Show ahead of the Members and it’s duplicity. To his credit he wrote back.

Both were written, in pen.

When my niece was really young she expressed how unhappy she was at a family lunch that we had not re-signed Boomer, she said she was going to write to the club and demand that they give him a contract. I suggested that it would have more impact if she cut the letters out of magazines and glued them on a piece of paper instead of writing a letter. :stern look

I mentioned this in another thread.

I wrote an email to Ben last week asking what he meant in the Open Letter to members when he referred to opening up lines of communication with members and giving us an opportunity to talk through our issues. I pointed out that he didn't tell us how we could communicate our issues.

He responded saying a new membership email will be set up, and details will follow in his next communication. Considering he said he would communicate every month we're still a couple of weeks away, unless they are rushing it through.

Personally, you'd think they would just get someone to respond to the membership@nmfc.com.au email address.

I'd rather they set up a dedicated email for the members and their issues, seperate from the actual business of organising the memberships and doing the admin-ish work associated with it. Its too easy for the whinging to get lost in the day to day stuff otherwise.

And FWIW MrJoel I wasn't even in the mood to write that after we lost. But some of those comments in that press conference were unacceptable disgraceful. And I've been seething since. Is he laughing at us? If not he should shut the * up with those excuses.

Half time!!! FFS!!

If you want to point out something went right do it in the context of "well that was ****ed, I'm sorry and the boys are too." I get he is under seige and probably fuming at what happened onfield but these people are all media trained and professional. Don't piss on me and then say its raining.

to sack Brad Scott, no think you...

That letter isn't asking for him to be sacked.

Its asking for a full review of the football department ala grand final sides from the last 2 years who turned years of shitfulness around as a result; and Geelong before they became the most dominant side in the comp for half a decade.

Please provide me with some realistic alternatives so I can consider signing.
  • Who are the alternative Level 4 coaches ready to go?
  • Can they talk in front of the media or is he/she going to be embarrassing like Worsfold, Bolton etc?
  • Can we afford a payout or will it put us further in debt?
  • Are we considering existing North coaches? What have the current Forward, Midfield and Defensive coaches done to prepare our players for 6-6-6?

That letter isn't asking for him to be sacked.

Its asking for a full review of the football department ala grand final sides from the last 2 years who turned years of shitfulness around as a result; and Geelong before they became the most dominant side in the comp for half a decade.

The club will say they review the football department every year, if they are that bad at reviewing or changing what isn't working then they need to get an independent review.

Please provide me with some realistic alternatives so I can consider signing.
  • Who are the alternative Level 4 coaches ready to go?
  • Can they talk in front of the media or is he/she going to be embarrassing like Worsfold, Bolton etc?
  • Can we afford a payout or will it put us further in debt?
  • Are we considering existing North coaches? What have the current Forward, Midfield and Defensive coaches done to prepare our players for 6-6-6?

1) That's for the club to work out, they are out there.
2) seriously? Anyone will be an upgrade
3) the question is, can we afford to keep the current coach?
4) again, thats for the club to work out, but the head coach has to take the responsibility.

Didn't write this but I think it's worth sharing. If we want NMFC to understand how unhappy we are with this mediocrity then this is how we do it. Requires an account on change.org but registration is quick.

http://chng.it/L9SXLbwcBb
This is just embarrassing. As if the club would take any notice of this.

1) That's for the club to work out, they are out there.
2) seriously? Anyone will be an upgrade
3) the question is, can we afford to keep the current coach?
4) again, thats for the club to work out, but the head coach has to take the responsibility.

lol you have zero answers and want us to sign a petition. convince me the alternative is better. Carlton going great on 0-3 with a new and forced coach change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be 18th. Like i said, i won' t sign blindly. Show me there's a better alternative. It's not an unreasonable request.
for * sake, there's 4-5 assistant coaches at every club. Something like 9 out of the last 10 premiership coaches were coaching at their first club. The fact that no coach every has been given this long with out making the GF says that anyone is a better alternative.

But how the * do we know with out trying. What we have now is broken, so a stupid comment like "show me an alternative" is head in the sand stuff.

Show me that Scott is better than Francou? Show me that Scott is better than any other current AFL coach. Explain to me why Scott should keep his job.

Dear Mr Buckley.

My name is _________

I have been a member for ________ and buy memberships for ____ members of my family.

I am writing to express my concern for the direction our coach brad Scott is taking this football club in.

While this year's poor form is a catalyst for this letter it comes as a result of years of poor coaching. Mr Scott isn't a bad coach but he just isn't good enough. We continually make the same mistakes.

Season after season we are not ready for round one.

WE make the same basic skill errors in every game and they continually cost us games. No actions seems to be taken to fix these skill errors as year after year the same players make the same errors. We are unable to hold leads, claw back ground or fight games out. These are what we've come to see as standard North Melbourne traits and its damaging the club and the members morale that our team is unable to produce them.

The standards of football are not high enough and it seems Mr Scott does nothing to enforce them. After such high hopes and some very effective recruiting over the off season its heart breaking to see these sub standard performances seemingly accepted by the coach and the club.

I understand there is a new side and new players (9 new players so far this year), some aspects of the off season were upsetting and surely unsettled the club immensely and that this will all have an effect on team cohesion as everyone learns to play together effectively. We would have been inclined to accept these performances as part of building cohesion with the new players.

However Mr Scott's performance in after match press conferences has been the last straw. We don't want him to single out players in public. Its a team sport and the team is responsible for the result but the things he has said in recent weeks has been insulting to members and many of us are asking if he's laughing at us. "If we'd won by 20 points...." "If the game had stopped at half time..."

These comments are unacceptable and run the risk of making the team a laughing stock. As one of the club's former coaches once said "If my aunt had whiskers she'd be my uncle." Its meaningless drivel and has nothing to do with what happened on the field or how we deal with the results.

If the club is considering allowing Mr Scott to see out his coaching contract the very least it needs to do is institute some sort of root and branch "forensic review" of the entire football department. In the last decade or so Geelong, Richmond and Collingwood have all undertaken such reviews and the result has been success on field almost immediately.

We are crying out for this as a club, it seems desperately needed.

The AFLW, VFL sides and improvements to Arden St are fantastic things moving forward for our club. We need to ensure the senior team's performance matches these great strides forward or we risk sliding into irrelevance as a club.

Yours sincerly

Yada Yada Yada

The only thing missing is the link to the chairman.

Yep.

If 20 letters land on Buckley's desk this week, then the clock will start ticking big time.
If you want a change thru a petition then you better get a big name ex player/administrator to put they name to it .
EG:Wayne Carey which he won't as his a mate of Ben Buckey's or a guy like Eugene Arocca who in my eyes was screwed out of his job.
If you get either one these people behind the Pettition then the board may listen as the board is week and decadent

If you want a change thru a petition then you better get a big name ex player/administrator to put they name to it .
EG:Wayne Carey which he won't as his a mate of Ben Buckey's or a guy like Eugene Arocca who in my eyes was screwed out of his job.
If you get either one these people behind the Pettition then the board may listen as the board is week and decadent
Arocca would make a brilliant Chairman.

The club will say they review the football department every year, if they are that bad at reviewing or changing what isn't working then they need to get an independent review.

Good point. I added the word independent before "forensic review".

Clicks onto the herald/sun “Vegan protesters removed after bringing city to standstill”

Timing is everything.

Wondered what ‘watch Dominion’ signs they were holding up meant

Goes to YouTube and watches first 45 minutes of 2 hours

Jaw dropping; some things can’t be unseen and I have no idea on how some of these Industries can be altered for best practice (whatever that is) without closing them down and starting all over again, which won’t happen...disturbing

lol you have zero answers and want us to sign a petition. convince me the alternative is better. Carlton going great on 0-3 with a new and forced coach change.

Don't sign the petition, write out my letter and send that. Its not s**t, its not asking for the coach to be sacked and its not pretending to have any answers.

Its simply saying we need to look and work harder to find them.

Wondered what ‘watch Dominion’ signs they were holding up meant

Goes to YouTube and watches first 45 minutes of 2 hours

Jaw dropping; some things can’t be unseen and I have no idea on how some of these Industries can be altered for best practice (whatever that is) without closing them down and starting all over again, which won’t happen...disturbing

Does that, gets Sisters of Mercy video...

Didn't write this but I think it's worth sharing. If we want NMFC to understand how unhappy we are with this mediocrity then this is how we do it. Requires an account on change.org but registration is quick.

http://chng.it/L9SXLbwcBb
Whoever wrote this will get the special help they need once their NAPLAN results come through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back