Review Round 4 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Who do we want to see in and out? Or unchanged again?

I think this game can be lost, Carlton will be hanging for a win. We must treat with the same respect we showed the Dogs.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
This is the one I worry about, will almost be expected to win, and could drop our load.

Changes? Probably leave as is unless there is injuries. Day and Brodie did their chances no harm in the 2's though.
Yeah perhaps Burgess out and Day in but I'm not sold on that. Burgess has been ok.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
For us to go in unchanged for the 3rd week in a row would have to be a first for the club, usually injury has decimated us by now.
The boys will have a taste for winning now and won’t want to give up their spot as they may not get it back.

Having said that at some point Lukosius will need a rest.

Can’t wait for Rankine, Ainsworth, McLennon to push for selection

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I think Day in as well for Burgess. Leave Wright in as fulltime forward rather than pinch hitting in the ruck. Use Day as the pinch hit ruck if fit enough. Alternatively have both Wright and Day pinch hit for Wittsy, at least they both have the capacity to relieve Witts who just looks cooked in the 4th qtr every time it seems!
Would like to see Brodie in for Holman (he did nothing), and Brodie deserves a spot after a good performance in the 2's which needs to be rewarded.

Good opportunity for both Brodie and Bowes to go with Cripps for the game (tag team him, and needs to be physically targeted), continue to hone their craft and development by running with some of the best.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think Day in as well for Burgess. Leave Wright in as fulltime forward rather than pinch hitting in the ruck. Use Day as the pinch hit ruck if fit enough. Alternatively have both Wright and Day pinch hit for Wittsy, at least they both have the capacity to relieve Witts who just looks cooked in the 4th qtr every time it seems!
Would like to see Brodie in for Holman (he did nothing), and Brodie deserves a spot after a good performance in the 2's which needs to be rewarded.

Good opportunity for both Brodie and Bowes to go with Cripps for the game (tag team him, and needs to be physically targeted), continue to hone their craft and development by running with some of the best.
Think 2MP deserves a run in the NEAFL before burgess - as our main fwd he hasn’t kicked a goal yet has he?

Regardless I think we go in unchanged - reward the effort and forget about wins this year.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Holman hasn't had an impact in his 2 games back
He would have to be in the rotatable player group IMO but the match committee may see him differently
Would like to see Brodie Young Scheer and Day in the mix at selection
Because this is a rare one where most pundits would have us favourites it becomes a mini-GF because of thatMr Bods

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
I'm worried with Day and 2MP up forward. One of our strengths this year is forward line pressure and keeping it in there. Burgess competes and brings it to ground & he can also get it once it comes to ground.
26 of our 30 goals this year are from small/medium forwards and mids.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This is NOT a Mini GF....but from building this club point of view it’s the biggest opportunity in a very long time.
Our players need to be very mature in the preparation and be 100% switched on.
I’m anticipating a big crowd this week and if they are Insipid like we have been in the past at home for big games when we’ve been building momentum then they will just say “the same old Suns are back again” and they won’t be back for quite a while.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't think any changes are needed , yes Sam Day score 5 in NEAFL , but former Richmond player Liam McBean after one year oversea vacation score 9 against Adelaide SANFL team in round 2.i would like to drop Holman but not against Carlton his former team that delisted him .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This is NOT a Mini GF....
e40.jpg

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I don't think any changes are needed , yes Sam Day score 5 in NEAFL , but former Richmond player Liam McBean after one year oversea vacation score 9 against Adelaide SANFL team in round 2.i would like to drop Holman but not against Carlton his former team that delisted him .
I think that former team comment only lasts in the first match up back. He has been here for a couple years now and have to move past that surely?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think that former team comment only lasts in the first match up back. He has been here for a couple years now and have to move past that surely?
Only one year and 1 1/2 pre season with GCS not a couple of years.one win (away)and one lost (home) , but I don't really mind Dew give will Brodie or Brad sheer a chance to have a taste .

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We have to ask ourselves who is going to take us deep into finals if we ever make it and you just worry that guys like Holman and Burgess may not be those players so we should be playing the guys who will
The balancing act between winning and developing-which is what teams like Hawthorn and the Swans have done well over the past 20 years

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
We have to ask ourselves who is going to take us deep into finals if we ever make it and you just worry that guys like Holman and Burgess may not be those players so we should be playing the guys who will
The balancing act between winning and developing-which is what teams like Hawthorn and the Swans have done well over the past 20 years
If the team lost to Carlton and Burgess score 4 against Sydney NeAFL team are you going to drop Sam Day ,Will Brodie and replace them with Young , Burgess. Hawthorn Boxhill play exactly like their senior team and gave Casey demon a spanking in VFL , GCS lost to Canberra demon in NEAFL .

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I've been happy with Burgess
But Sam Day has a body of work with the Suns that demands respect
Burgess has 2 games
He also had an interrupted pre season and not playing any JLT games with this AFL team . Very different playing with Lynch , Hall , Lyons compare to Miles , Murdoch and Wright .

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Be interesting to see how the boys go in as ‘favourites’ for this one. We’ve been down for so long I can’t see anyone taking it easy but Carlton have been playing well. Their talls will worry us I think. Should be a good contest though.

Usually wouldn’t suggest changes after a win but imo should go

Holman > Brodie
Luko > Day

Gotta reward form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back